God's Way's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

could you fill me in on that reference please?
“And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,” (Ephesians 3:9–10)

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just asking a question... @H. Richard no need to go ballistic.

Jesus said to be holy as he is holy. Striving to overcome sin in my life out of love for God is a good thing, and I'm not doing it in order to obtain justification before God in my own merit. Self-righteous has nothing to do with that.

Why don't you help spread the GOOD NEWS gospel that saves a person by their placing their faith in the works of Jesus on the cross???

Instead you try to elevate your self as being sinless in the flesh. Its all about you isn't it??

Cain = religion

Abel = God's way

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Discovering God's ways is like going to an art exhibit of an Artist with the most creative genius. His ways are above our own. They are to be admired, pondered upon...and allowed to penetrate into our consciousness...until we understand the intent, style, and ways of the Artist. The messages, seemingly very hidden deeply woven into the art, strike you as you let your gaze penetrate into the brush strokes of the Master.

But God's ways begin with a backdrop.

Here in Quebec there is an artist who always paints his canvas black before doing anything else. It gives his colours a unique contrast...giving it an unmistakable signature so that you can tell his paintings from others right away.

God does something similar but in an much larger way of course.

God's backdrop is love. Everything that He paints ...He does so on the canvas...His canvas...which is love.

Next comes the setting. We could liken this to the things that others are set against....like say the mountains in the background. These are the laws that God orders everything in. Without these laws...nothing in the foreground has any context or relevance. NO, God's paintings are not just for show...they support all life.

But life has order. It follows laws. Without order there would be only chaos. In fact, the order is so precise that one can see the Artist in every living thing. Everything moves and is according to His laws.

Provoking OP although I see it differently. I like to paint but I’m not good at it. Not being modest...I’m really not good at it. My paintings never turn out like I plan. I once attempted to paint an anorexic woman staring in a mirror and wanted to show what she saw in the mirror of herself wasn’t necessarily the truth. My family had a field day with trying to guess what the painting was. Most said ET in a diaper. The point is my life without God was like that.

The black I would see as death. God as the great artist covering over to begin anew (a new creation in Christ)a true masterpiece. No skill or talent of this world could imitate. Then begins the relationship of His help in “working all things for His good purposes” not before “the black” but because of it. So others will see and say “there is no way you painted that. Who helped?” As Paul spoke of entering into His death. I can see your OP suggestion of this black backdrop in displaying His work.

Romans 7:9-11
[9] For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. [10] And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. [11] For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me .

In Song of Songs I don’t think he (inspired by the Holy Spirit) meant black as in skin color. Song of Songs 1:5-6 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon. [6] Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.

Jeremiah 8:20-22
[20] The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved. [21] For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment hath taken hold on me. [22] Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?

Psalm 19:7
[7] The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

The Testimony of Christ is sure. Hebrews 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did ; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,” (Ephesians 3:9–10)
It is speaking of the mystery hid in God namely the self sacrificing manifested in the activity in Jesus. Angels and other created orders look on with immense interest as Gods character is revealed in a way not seen before. This does not mean they had no conception of his character before the Jesus event or before sin, rather it means they have a greater appreciation of it.

D

Dave L

It is speaking of the mystery hid in God namely the self sacrificing manifested in the activity in Jesus. Angels and other created orders look on with immense interest as Gods character is revealed in a way not seen before. This does not mean they had no conception of his character before the Jesus event or before sin, rather it means they have a greater appreciation of it.
It does reveal the reason why God created though.