Gog Magog

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Ezekiel 38Eze38:1 Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 2 "Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, 3 "and say, 'Thus says the Lord God: "Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal. 4 "I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out, with all your army, horses, and horsemen, all splendidly clothed, a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords. 5 "Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya are with them, all of them with shield and helmet; 6 "Gomer and all its troops; the house of Togarmah from the far north and all its troops-many people are with you. Ezekiel 38:1-6Who is Gog MagogMagog is a land identified as Scythia, or Russia, by Josephus. The message is to Gog, identified as prince, of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal. Rosh in Hebrew also means Chief which has caused some to translate this verse as Chief Prince rather then Chief of Rosh (Russia). Meshech and Tubal are the sons of Japheth (Genesis 10:2). Some Georgians trace their descent from Meshech.. The name for Moscow, comes from the river Moskva which passes through the city. The name Russia comes from a Scandinavian tribe which settled the area, known as Rus. Persia is the ancient name of Iran. Iran is a recent name for this region. Currently, Iran has both military and economic ties with Russia. Persia has also threatened to wipe out the nation of Israel, who has been gathered from the nations. Tubal some trace this name to the area in Siberia known as Tobolsk,Ethiopia (Cush)This is area south of the Nile includes the area known as Sudan and Ethiopia today. Sudan is controlled by an Islamic government, opposed to Israel.Libya,Gomer,Togarmah far north and all its troopsIsrael is described as a land of un-walled villages; the invasion comes from the “far north” and is part of an evil plan against Israel.