Good for Nothing:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Can I just say officer
That your statistics are wrong
About the two percent of people
Here in this state
Who are posing the problem
Because the rest are just good people
If they are truly as good as you say
Then what's the problem?
Maybe it's not the two percent
Likely it's the larger group itself
Because if evil can only take hold
When good people do nothing
Then maybe you should consider
When people believe they are good
How can they accept doing any wrong.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If what you say is true, then it makes me wonder why so many Christians believe they are good. Yes makes me wonder.
Isaiah 55:7
Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the Lord, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Luke 17​

5 And the apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith.”

6 So the Lord said, “If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you. 7 And which of you, having a servant plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, ‘Come at once and sit down to eat’? 8 But will he not rather say to him, ‘Prepare something for my supper, and gird yourself and serve me till I have eaten and drunk, and afterward you will eat and drink’? 9 Does he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded [e]him? I think not. 10 So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded, say, ‘We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do.’ ”

Christians are often enough unprofitable servants of God while not realizing it. But they are saved as the Lord loves His people with a great everlasting love. All though must come before the judgement seat of Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:9-11

New King James Version

The Judgment Seat of Christ​

9 Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you know what bearing good fruit means?
Good fruit is not good works.
Bearing good fruit all believers must do or they are not in the faith and saved.
But good fruit happens as it is the work of God in a person's life, they bear good fruit to God in response.

By illustration, the tree is a person, and the fruit they bear is either good or bad according to their nature.

Matthew 3:10
And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Luke 6:45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.
  1. Galatians 5:22
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
    Ephesians 5:9
  2. (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth),
  3. Matthew 7:17
    Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
  4. Matthew 7:18
    A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
  5. Matthew 7:19
    Every tree that does not bear good fruitis cut down and thrown into the fire.
  6. Matthew 12:33

A Tree Known by Its Fruit

“Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There is no one good. No, not one.

What do you do then with passages of scripture which speak of good men? For example, in Acts 11:24 -

“For [Barnabas] was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and of faith.”

Do you think Jesus perhaps had men such as Barnabas in mind when he said, in Matthew 12:35 -

“A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things …”

Who do you think Solomon was speaking about in Proverbs 13:22?

”A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children ….”