Grace Illustrated

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This absolutely blew me away the first time I saw it. I don't exactly know how to characterize my emotions when I watched it, but I just had to stop and think about God. Here is such a powerful, powerful manifestation of what grace means. This is real - a concept that is really hard to explain to someone is illustrated purposely. You'll have to follow the link to watch it, but it's more than worth it.

http://www.newspring.cc/stories/erik-and-matthew/

I could not help but think of this passage:

II Corinthians 3:18 NASB
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

I don't know that I could do this - I mean we can all say sure we'd forgive the guy, but would we forgive the guy like this? Maybe this was what Jesus meant when he said greater things would be done. Perhaps it's not the scope of the miracle or grace, but perchance it's that the miracle (or grace) is wrought in the imperfect.

Expand this on out to a God who has seen us hurt His Son. Imagine the grace of him forgiving each and everyone one of us when we do things that hurt others.

It makes me want to do better. Wow!

informer

May 1, 2011
This absolutely blew me away the first time I saw it. I don't exactly know how to characterize my emotions when I watched it, but I just had to stop and think about God. Here is such a powerful, powerful manifestation of what grace means. This is real - a concept that is really hard to explain to someone is illustrated purposely. You'll have to follow the link to watch it, but it's more than worth it.

http://www.newspring...ik-and-matthew/

I could not help but think of this passage:

I don't know that I could do this - I mean we can all say sure we'd forgive the guy, but would we forgive the guy like this? Maybe this was what Jesus meant when he said greater things would be done. Perhaps it's not the scope of the miracle or grace, but perchance it's that the miracle (or grace) is wrought in the imperfect.

Expand this on out to a God who has seen us hurt His Son. Imagine the grace of him forgiving each and everyone one of us when we do things that hurt others.

It makes me want to do better. Wow!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Oh my, this just made me cry...
sadabouttocrysmiley.gif
so heart rendering and such a powerful message of forgiveness. My heart goes out to them both...God is so merciful and loving towards his children.

Thanks for sharing this HS!

Bless you!