Grace requires works to bear fruit!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stephen, you’ve surprised me that you’ve seen this. It’s almost nonexistent to run across anyone who has.

Reactions: St. SteVen

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No literary meaning, only visual. Kind of creates a square?
If there was a letterspacing tool to use here, I could have kerned a bit of space out between. - LOL
You sound like my mom, kerned out space, lol. She used to do graphic design. The name of her business was Menus and More.

• Haha

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry?
In reference to what exactly? (nothing quoted)
oh I’m sorry! As to…there being more to Gods judgements. I’m always surprised to run across someone who has somehow escaped the indoctrination that makes them get everything exactly backwards. What most Christian’s believe is that to whoever is given more less is required and to whoever is given less more is required.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we have met before. The client from hell? - LOL
Lol. No way. I wouldn’t have noticed or demanded perfection at all. I’d have demanded simplicity or…mission style! I just had so many years of being asked what I thought about this or that draft and what I thought about spacing or overall cohesion or if a font was confusing to my eye, etc. So she forced me into fussing over design. But I don’t go to beauty with my eyes. I’m not designed like that for some reason. I go to beauty in my mind.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I appreciate people who create beauty of surroundings. If it were left to me, we’d all be living in squat concrete boxes haha! I don’t have time or inclination for fussing.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh I’m sorry! As to…there being more to Gods judgements.
Even the Bible supports at least three views of the final judgement. Familiar?
1) Damnationism
2) Annihilationism
3) Universal Redemption (UR)
I’m always surprised to run across someone who has somehow escaped the indoctrination that makes them get everything exactly backwards.
Backwards in what way? I have my own position on that, but what's yours? Maybe what you wrote below?
What most Christian’s believe is that to whoever is given more less is required and to whoever is given less more is required.
The Parable of the Talents comes to mind.

Matthew 25:28-29 ESV
So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Talk about clients from hell, I had a faux finishing business (making columns look like marble, clouds on ceilings, murals, Venetian plaster, etc.) Some people had heart palpitations if you put their switchplate covers back on without all the little screws being in identical position! And I would think to myself, who the heck cares when you have huge white glaring polka dots all over your walls because you wouldn’t let me paint the switch plate covers!

• Haha

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Talk about clients from hell, I had a faux finishing business (making columns look like marble, clouds on ceilings, murals, Venetian plaster, etc.) Some people had heart palpitations if you put their switchplate covers back on without all the little screws being in identical position! And I would think to myself, who the heck cares when you have huge white glaring polka dots all over your walls because you wouldn’t let me paint the switch plate covers!
Are we off topic yet? - LOL
We should stop this NOW!
PM me to continue the discussion. Thanks.

That client should have shown you some grace! (there, back on topic) Phew!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the Bible supports at least three views of the final judgement. Familiar?
1) Damnationism
2) Annihilationism
3) Universal Redemption (UR)

Yes…but when indoctrinated into eternal torture, it’s always unbelievers who get that fate rather than religious hypocrites and people who judge unbelievers. But the scriptures seem to say the opposite to me.
Backwards in what way? I have my own position on that, but what's yours? Maybe what you wrote below?

The Parable of the Talents comes to mind.

Matthew 25:28-29 ESV
So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.
To whoever is given more, more will be required of. Whoever is entrusted with more, men will require more of.

But the indoctrinated don’t see that. They were blessed with having their blindness healed and another man isn’t. And they judge that man with less than them to eternal torment and judge themselves to glory. Even though that other man might be more righteous than them, they say it doesnt matter, and that his doing right to his neighbor is filthiness and that they have an imaginary righteousness even WHILE doing unrighteousness. And Even though we have been warned to judge nothing before the time and told we will be judged as we have judged and have been told not to judge those outside the church. So the indoctrination makes them bring awful judgement on themselves.

Its just a very big mess.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes…but when indoctrinated into eternal torture, it’s always unbelievers who get that fate rather than religious hypocrites and people who judge unbelievers. But the scriptures seem to say the opposite to me.
Right.
I have a theory that EVERYONE will be surprised at where they end up.

Matthew 21:31 NIV
... Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To whoever is given more, more will be required of. Whoever is entrusted with more, men will require more of.
Amen.
But the indoctrinated don’t see that. They were blessed with having their blindness healed and another man isn’t. And they judge that man with less than them to eternal torment and judge themselves to glory. Even though that other man might be more righteous than them, they say it doesnt matter, and that his doing right to his neighbor is filthiness and that they have an imaginary righteousness even WHILE doing unrighteousness.
Amen, Amen!
Yes, I think the judgment/age of correction will focus more on individual performance than most realize.
Burning away the wood, hay, and stubble of our lives.

Malachi 3:2
But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears?
For he will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap.
And Even though we have been warned to judge nothing before the time and told we will be judged as we have judged and have been told not to judge those outside the church. So the indoctrination makes them bring awful judgement on themselves.
Amen.
Its just a very big mess.
Agree.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But the indoctrinated don’t see that. They were blessed with having their blindness healed and another man isn’t. And they judge that man with less than them to eternal torment and judge themselves to glory. Even though that other man might be more righteous than them, they say it doesnt matter, and that his doing right to his neighbor is filthiness and that they have an imaginary righteousness even WHILE doing unrighteousness. And Even though we have been warned to judge nothing before the time and told we will be judged as we have judged and have been told not to judge those outside the church. So the indoctrination makes them bring awful judgement on themselves.

It’s just a very big mess.
But it gets worse. First they have done away with the righteousness of the righteous, calling it filthy rags. This is: 22 Because you disheartened the righteous with falsehood when I did not cause him pain, but you have [a]encouraged the wicked not to turn from his wicked way to keep him alive,23 therefore you women will no longer see deceitful visions or practice divination, and I will save My people from your hands. So you will know that I am the Lord.”

THEN, they claim holiness as well. So they have NEITHER righteousness NOR the holiness they claim to have and to mess with holiness is iniquity.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.

Amen, Amen!
Yes, I think the judgment/age of correction will focus more on individual performance than most realize.
Burning away the wood, hay, and stubble of our lives.

Malachi 3:2
But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears?
For he will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap.

Amen.

Agree.
So, as I said, I am surprised you can see it. Evangelical Christianity sees none of that. In fact, they call those who CAN see it of the devil.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway, the entire Bible and gospel and parables do show all of that. And once you begin to see it even dimly, you begin to see it everywhere, hidden in plain sight as epi says. And the filthy rags verse that they use against unbelievers who care about their neighbor at least as much as they do about themselves, is not even to do with righteousness but is concerning holiness. The verse is saying that COMPARED to Gods holiness, righteousness is like filthy rags.
And it’s odd but even unbelievers can see the wrong in the doctrines if it leads to treating your neighbor well being called filthiness!