Gratitude

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God. (2 Corinthians 4:15)

How much of our life is spent in ingratitude and an endless pursuit of what we do not have, and think we deserve, that we fail to offer sacrifices of thanksgiving to God for what we do not deserve, which he has granted us?

Read that verse above again and again, until you get the heart of gratitude, and your life will change.... and so will your relationships with others in this world as well.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 56:
[7] Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Matt.21
[13] And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

OOPS!

Mark.11
[17] And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

OOPS!

Luke.19
[46] Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves.

OOPS!

Prayers IN the House of God.......appears back seat.
Prayers TO God House of God.....appears back seat.
Prayers OF Gratitude TO God......appears back seat.

Prayers TO saints, Bowing to Statues, Money exchange, Entertainment, Business arrangements deals, Sports updates, Lunch plans, Napping, Hooking up, Sexual introductions, Online Phone visiting, Feel good about ones-self.....etc.

* THAT ^Seems to be...the Secular idea OF the purpose OF the House of God.
:(

Reactions: David H. and Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God. (2 Corinthians 4:15)

How much of our life is spent in ingratitude and an endless pursuit of what we do not have, and think we deserve, that we fail to offer sacrifices of thanksgiving to God for what we do not deserve, which he has granted us?

Read that verse above again and again, until you get the heart of gratitude, and your life will change.... and so will your relationships with others in this world as well.
Hi @David H. Ties in with 2 Corinthians 9.15: "Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable gift". :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gratitude ....ain't no platitude!
Yes, that is very true!

Choosing to believe that God works all things for our good can bring real gratitude into our hearts for deep pain and suffering. Because it is true that He does work all things for our good, real faith means we have the same thankfulness at the beginning that we will have at the end.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 4:13-16 KJV
13) We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;
14) Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.
15) For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
16) For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Forgetting completely about myself, whether I have of don't have this or that or whatever, having the same precious faith as the apostle, we speak, words to share forgiveness and reconciliation with those who do not yet know.

We know, regardless of ourselves, we KNOW that God will raise us up just like He raised Jesus, to be presented together with you. But this isn't about me, it's about you.

And now not only I thank God for my salvation, but the thankfulness of all who have been saved by this preaching of the Word add together to glorify God, and for that, we don't quit! And even though I'm outwardly falling apart, the inner man is being restored, day by day.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @David H. Ties in with 2 Corinthians 9.15: "Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable gift".

In thanksgiving to God, the Love of God is manifested to us. One of the most repeated Phrases in the word of God is
"Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good,
for his steadfast love endures forever!" (Psalm 118:1, ESV, among 16 other verses which declare the same thing) It is the Love of God when revealed to us that allows us to love others more and more.

Gratitude for what God has given us enables us to see others God has placed in our lives with gratitude. When we pray "teach me to love" God will send someone in our lives who is hard to love. when we pray "teach me to be thankful" God will send someone in our lives who is hard to be thankful to. It is by this "negative blessing" that we learn love and thankfulness in this world sometimes. It is easy to love those who love you back, and it is easy to be grateful for those who help you in your life, it is hard to love even our enemies and be grateful for those who stab you in the back, But when you see the love of Jesus, who died for us while we were yet sinners and enemies, is when we can extend that love to others.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador