Gravity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I think Jesus was quite aware that wasn't going to happen.
I agree. Jesus knew that none of his Christian followers would have sufficient faith. Moving mountains would be difficult, but why can't we move pennies across tables? Certainly, Christians should have that much faith, by now? I believe we are all missing something in our Christianity, and our poor faith is the results. I can only conclude that every Christian's faith is smaller than a mustard seed - that's very, very tiny.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. Jesus knew that none of his Christian followers would have sufficient faith. Moving mountains would be difficult, but why can't we move pennies across tables?

Since faith is not material, it is indeed smaller than a mustard seed. But as in the case of St. Francis of Assisi, who barged into a Muslim Caliph's palace and demanded to see him for a test of faith, there are those who have great faith.

St. Francis did this when Europe and the Muslim world were at war. The guards reportedly came to the Caliph, and said "would you like us to kill him?"

The Caliph said "no, I gotta see this guy."

St. Francis suggested a test of faith between him and the most prominent Muslim cleric. The deal: Fire up a furnace and each of them jump into it, calling on God to save them. St. Francis offered to go first.

No one wanted to take St. Francis up on it, and the Caliph was so impressed with his faith in God, he released him unharmed.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Gravity, what can we do with it? Could it be used for other things like making electricity? Is there anyway we could take advantage of it? Is gravity the same all around the earth?

Gravity, Isaac Newton is the man i think with his laws of gravity. Also Einstein with his theory of relativity.
I think Newton worked out that gravity at sea level has an acceleration of 9.8m/s2. This decreases as the further from sea level we get.
From aerospace to static structures this magical number is used a lot in engineering. But we are often working against gravity.

Probably the best example of exploiting the power of gravity is a hydro electric system. We have one, the snowy hydro scheme, but cos we don't have much water here it is very limited. America has heaps of them cos they have the great lakes with a constant mega supply of water.

Many agricultural water systems are gravity fed. Some spray painting guns are gravity fed.

There is a place known as gravity hill out near hanging rock around the Macedon/Woodend region.
The road is called Straws lane, u could find something on youtube probs. I've been there a few times and seen cars roll up hill, balls roll up hill, we even tried to see if water would go up but it was so long ago i don't remember if it did.

Here is a bit of trivia... What causes gravity??? No cheating with googles

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well....

if you get some baked potatoes, some good well done meat, maybe green beans and mushrooms,

pouring some hot gravity over a plateful for a meal can be delicious !

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gravity, Isaac Newton is the man i think with his laws of gravity.

Actually, Newton's Laws were regarding motion. Because he not only predicted movements due to gravity, but explained why it works that way, he produced a theory of gravitation, not merely a law. Laws predicted things. Theories predict and explain things. This seems odd to most people, who are unfamiliar with the scientific meaning of "theory."

I think Newton worked out that gravity at sea level has an acceleration of 9.8m/s2.

Yes.

This decreases as the further from sea level we get.

Yes. So people aboard the ISS are not free of gravity; they experience microgravity.

Probably the best example of exploiting the power of gravity is a hydro electric system. We have one, the snowy hydro scheme, but cos we don't have much water here it is very limited. America has heaps of them cos they have the great lakes with a constant mega supply of water.

Lots of mountains. And in the Pacific Northwest, lots of snow at the high elevations in the winters, so really strong, young rivers which are most suitable for hydroelectric.

There is a place known as gravity hill out near hanging rock around the Macedon/Woodend region.
The road is called Straws lane, u could find something on youtube probs. I've been there a few times and seen cars roll up hill, balls roll up hill, we even tried to see if water would go up but it was so long ago i don't remember if it did.

Fun with optica illusions. You can build room like that.

Here is a bit of trivia... What causes gravity???

The honest-to-God answer is "we aren't exactly sure", but the practical answer is that mass distorts space. You can build a two-dimensional analogue, using a rubber sheet tightly stretched on a frame, with a heavy sphere on the sheet. It distorts the sheet, and rolling marbles across the sheet, you can simulate many of the motions of planets and comets around the sun.

No cheating with googles[/QUOTE]