Great Christian Book

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

loveiskind

Aug 22, 2011
New York
Hello all! This is my first post and I wanted to tell you all about a book i finished called Where the Rubber Meets the Road with God. I loved Jack Alan Levine's conversational tone and storytelling, it makes it feel like I've know him all my life and he's talking directly to me at the dinner table! The examples of powerful life lessons using scripture helps me walk closer with the Lord and gives me real life examples of how to make sure I hear well done good and faithful servant when I get to heaven and that's what its all about! No matter how far off the faith-track I venture Jack Alan Levine's book reminds me there truly is a better life lived for God, and shows how to eliminate the daily madness and distractions that try to take our aim off the prize God has for each faithful believer.

Thanks for reading guys! I hope someone else may get as much as I got out of this book!

Hiroki

Aug 12, 2011
Hi and welcome to the forum. I haven't read that book but I'm reading Chicken Soup for the Soul. The book is great, too because it is based on true story. Enjoy your stay here. God bless :)

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Hello all! This is my first post and I wanted to tell you all about a book i finished called Where the Rubber Meets the Road with God. I loved Jack Alan Levine's conversational tone and storytelling, it makes it feel like I've know him all my life and he's talking directly to me at the dinner table! The examples of powerful life lessons using scripture helps me walk closer with the Lord and gives me real life examples of how to make sure I hear well done good and faithful servant when I get to heaven and that's what its all about! No matter how far off the faith-track I venture Jack Alan Levine's book reminds me there truly is a better life lived for God, and shows how to eliminate the daily madness and distractions that try to take our aim off the prize God has for each faithful believer.

Thanks for reading guys! I hope someone else may get as much as I got out of this book!

Hi loveiskind! I haven't heard of Jack Levine, but I'm glad his book is helping you walk the road. I'm reading a book called "The Disciplines of a Godly Woman" by Barbara Hughes, and I'm finding it excellent! Have had to repent heaps! It has a 'twin' book for men "the disciplines of a Godly man" by her husband Kent Hughes....am hoping to get my husband to read it! It's definitely one of those 'what should I be doing with my life now Jesus has redeemed me?' kind of books!
Welcome to the board, I hope you have some wonderful and encouraging conversations here!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Hi loveiskind! :)
Happy it's helping you on your walk... I've been reading 'The Subversion of Christianity' by Jacques Ellul... Excellent book, a real eye opener as to what Christianity is to be.

Blessings in the Lord :)