Greek word #1818 "exapatao

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

haanne

Oct 29, 2007
" (ex-ap-at-ah'-o); To seduce wholly. Okay in the sin in the garden bible study it said that the only meaning for this word was a sexual act.(greek) TO seduce wholly is not necessarily a sexual act this is the definition of seduce1 : to persuade to disobedience or disloyalty 2 : to lead astray usually by persuasion or false promises 3 : to carry out the physical seduction of : entice to sexual intercourse 4 : attract . There is the possibility of the sexual act but this is not absolute it could be either way . Gods word is not confusing ,we confuse it. I can definitely see where Satan is the serpent and the usage of the word snake could be figurative . How ever the Bible says in Genesis 3 1Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 2And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. 4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.6And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. 7And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. 8And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.What is this saying about all the other "trees" in the garden of EDEN that they were eating from? Were they not really trees? Why are adam and Eve called people if everyone else are called trees ?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(haanne;59297)
" (ex-ap-at-ah'-o); To seduce wholly. Okay in the sin in the garden bible study it said that the only meaning for this word was a sexual act.(greek) TO seduce wholly is not necessarily a sexual act this is the definition of seduce1 : to persuade to disobedience or disloyalty 2 : to lead astray usually by persuasion or false promises 3 : to carry out the physical seduction of : entice to sexual intercourse 4 : attract . There is the possibility of the sexual act but this is not absolute it could be either way . Gods word is not confusing ,we confuse it. I can definitely see where Satan is the serpent and the usage of the word snake could be figurative . How ever the Bible says in Genesis 3 1Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 2And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. 4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.6And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. 7And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. 8And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.What is this saying about all the other "trees" in the garden of EDEN that they were eating from? Were they not really trees? Why are adam and Eve called people if everyone else are called trees ?
First of all, God said,Genesis 2:16-17 - And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.Eve MISQUOTED God's instruction.Genesis 3:2-3 - And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.God never said the word touch. It has the same meaning as this verse.I Corinthians 7:1 - Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.When God said that to eat "original trees" it's like this verse right below.Psalm 133:1 - Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!It is good to dwell with other men / women... He did not say to have sex with other people....Matthew 7:16-20 - Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them....Mark 8:22-26 - And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him. And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought. And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking. After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly. And he sent him away to his house, saying, Neither go into the town, nor tell it to any in the town.I hope this helps to answer your question.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Great question Consider Jordans discription of touch and realize Wholly: that is the whole person obviously you had to seduce the mind with lies and promises before you could seduce the Body. Second common sense when does a tree grow good and evil ? Who do you think the tree of Life is ?Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, [and] the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed [is] in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, [and] herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed [was] in itself, after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good. Notice these are fruit trees Your assuming all trees are symbols not true sometimes they are just what they appear to be some trees are symbols and represent men but they are used in a different way, either to represent strength as in the mighty Oak or they talking.Trees do not talk so it isnt hard to distinguish which is which trees do not grow knowledge of good and evil, and serpents do not talkGod always uses nature to teach us as in parable of the Tares are people wheatPS also consider this with the fact they covered up their private parts with leafs because they were ashamed Nudity is not in itself a sin they had been naked all along what would make them do this even knowing good from evil being naked isnt evil. Even if they had become sexually attracted to each other that isnt evil and should not give them any reason for shame as thats what God intended.It isnt with one word we base a belief on its rather one word can open ones eyes to see and check out what it is God is telling us

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;59303)
Great questionConsider Jordans discription of touch and realize Wholly: that is the whole person obviously you had to seduce the mind with lies and promises before you could seduce the BodySecond common sense when does a tree grow good and evil ? Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, [and] the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed [is] in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, [and] herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed [was] in itself, after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good. Notice these are fruit trees Your assuming all trees are symbols not true sometimes they are just what they appear to be some trees are symbols and are men but they are used in a different way either to represent strength as in the mighty Oak or they talking.Trees do not talk so it isnt hard to distinguish which is which trees do not grow knowledge of good and evilGod always uses nature to teach us as in parable of the Tares are people wheatPS also consider this with the fact they covered up their private parts with leafs because they were ashamed Nudity is not in itself a sin they had been naked all along what would make them do this even knowing good from evil being naked isnt evil. Even if they had become sexually attracted to each other that isnt evil and should not give them any reason for shame as thats what God intended.
Thats also true. Not every single place in the bible can be taken literally, and not every single place in the bible can be taken spiritually. So in short we must rightly divide the Word... (II Timothy 2:15) ... to see if they are literally or spiritually.

haanne

Oct 29, 2007
Thank you for your response to my questions . I have a better Idea of whats going on here with the Trees and How God uses nature and Rightly dividing the word. I want to have a full understanding before I move on. I have hit some walls in my Bible study and I feel as though its because I know a little about a lot and not the full story. SO I am still looking for a link why do trees and man fit together? Is there some deeper meaning that I am missing ? Also it says that and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. Which were these Trees or people? and One more question... 6Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. Where Was Eve's desire before ? I am having trouble with the figurative language . There are to many other evidences to support what the sin was to try to deny it but I just want to see it a little more clearly. I still feel as though I am missing something. P/s Does anyone have any more earth ages scriptures besides the ones on the study? Looking to dig a little deeper and I am coming up short. Thanks Haanne

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
As far as tree's they fall into a catogory of what is called bible symbology but we must use caution here. When a word is used in symbology it is to represent a thing but NOT every instance of that wordIt (each word) must be looked at/examined to see if used as symbolism or just to mean what it says, God interpts his own. For example God says in Rev. Stars are Angels, candlesticks are churches, waters are people, but this does not mean everytime we see those words Star, candlestick, or water we are to read it as symbology.So it is with trees there were no people in the garden besises Adam and Eve Other people do not come into the story until Adam and Eve leave the garden it was a protected place where God placed Adam and Eve for the very special reason of protecting the blood line of which Christ would come through. We are told he placed them in the garden. Read carefully all the other trees were fruit trees and herbs all things for food. You need to understand the other trees in the garden were not people they were just trees.Only these two trees represent something different Trees do not grow Knowlegde of Good and Evil/ Nor do they grow Life this alone tells us there was something differnt about these two trees.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
As far as "Desire" I can only give you my best guess Desire it is a two edged sword it doesnt nessarily mean only sexual desire but you can have a desire to please or a desire to displease. Adam and Eve were very inocent like children playing they were equals but when Eve is given A desire to please Adam she was put in a postion of one being subservient to Adams wishes.PSas for information on 3 world ages I dont agree with everything on this site but it is a good general layout http://www.rightdivision.com/html/overview_of_the_ages.htmlHeres another site that is much easier to see but not extremly in depthhttp://www.geocities.com/mamamoore7777/word.html

haanne

Oct 29, 2007
Christina Thank you so much for your answers again. You are much appreciated! -haanne