Greetings From The Great White North

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lothar1

Apr 29, 2010
Northern BC Canada
My dear brothers and sisters in Christ, I'm very happy and blessed to be here, I live in a very remote community and have little opportunity for non- denominational fellowship. I came into the Kingdom late in life, but have been very blessed by my Lord and savior Jesus the Christ.

I certainly took the hard road as I grew up in a pagan family with little exposer to the word of God and even less understanding of its concepts.

I can remember seeing writing on wall saying Jesus saves but not understanding what it means. finally I saw Jesus saves then after it Moses invests at least it made sense to me then.  I certainly wasn't ready for saving then, it wasn't till years later when I started looking at my life analytically that I realized something was missing in my life.  But how to find it, I had little respect for the church at this time after questionable experiences with some of its members.

Almost instinctively I knew it was a spiritual problem, so I went on a journey to discover God.  I must say he was quick to help me on my path and to reveal Himself in many ways.  Bye the end of my journey I had no doubt of His existence and my responsibility to make a choice, for or against Him.  It was like standing on the edge of a knife, to fall to one side would have meant denying his existence, lying to myself for the rest of my life, probably alcoholism would help, I thought.

In the end I choose My Lord Jesus, then the real teaching began, He had to show me His unconditional Love, something I had never experienced in the world.

This was a Love I had never comprehended or imagined or even hoped for. He brought a book into my life at the very beginning to help me to not fall into denominational-ism, this is a Christian classic based on lectures given by Henry Drummond the book is called The Greatest Thing in the World.

The first part is an expounding on the love chapter 1 Cor 13, this taught me to view every thing through the magnified glass of Gods Love.

It was very instrumental in keeping me out of the cults that seamed to flock to me at the beginning.

He also brought the works of William Barclay into my life this helped me to understand the importance of the Greek and historical thought.

This made understanding Gods word so much clearer for me, Don't we serve a magnificent God! a truly Loving God, it saddens me to see his name soiled by so many that profess to be His slaves, bought with the precious blood of his Son Jesus.

I have to accept that its just signs of the times we live in, and in spite of it, He brings out his people.

I am happy to be one of His people and gladly offer you, my brothers and sisters, a cup of water in the name of Jesus.

May Christs example of Love fill you to completeness Amen 

gumby

May 29, 2009
Hi there Xenos welcome to the site, if you have any questions please ask in advance :)

lothar1

Apr 29, 2010
Northern BC Canada
Whereabouts are you? Anywhere near Fort St. John?
Welcome.
I am in Winnipeg Manitoba.
Martin W.

Blessings to you Martin, I.m from the Burns Lake area or the district of a thousand Lakes, great for fishing, but hard to be a fisher of Men although God still uses me for His purposes from time to time.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, everyone has their location in life - we won't hold it against you here. ;)

Seriously though, we are glad to have you. It's interesting to see the seeds sown at various times go to work years later. We all go through things where we have to put things on the shelf until we are ready to handle them sometimes. God is a masterful planner, and it certainly could not be done any better though we don't always understand the whole picture.

I like a person who looks to Proverbs. I hope Christianity Board is a place you find welcoming and perhaps another field for you to venture through.

Welcome!