Greetings in Christ Jesus!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Humility is such a searching subject, which really begins when contemplating the Lord Jesus Himself, Who 'humbled Himself, and became obedience unto death, even the death of the Cross' (Philippians 2).
Ohh farouk, you're going to have to learn what a truism is?
Do you know the expression 'telling a man how to suck eggs'? If you take these understandings to heart, your view and learning will grow exponentially. Dismiss it and you stay trapped in a reality of people pleasing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ohh farouk, you're going to have to learn what a truism is.
Do you know the expression 'telling a man to suck eggs'? If you take these understanding to heart, your view and learning will grow exponentially. Dismiss it and you stay trapped in people pleasing.
:):):):):):):)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My God is very personal to me, he is my Lord and Master!
I guess most of us here believe that too....but not all believe the same way or share the same conviction. Only when our views are challenged can we defend them by examining another point of view, which may be equally valid.

I was a daughter, I am a sister, I am a mother, an aunt, a grandmother and a great grandmother.
I share most of those titles too....

I have outlived 3 siblings, being second born and one to estrangement.
Longevity on my mother's side is in my family. I have two siblings still living and my mother is almost 98. She lives with me. My father died 52 years ago. So I hope I share my mother's genes more than my father's.
I see that one of your titles is missing...that of a "wife" so I am assuming that perhaps your husband is no longer in your life?

I had 2 children ,my son passed this Nov. 8 yrs ago. I live with my daughter and son in law due to early demise in my family and poor health.
I am sorry to hear about your son. My husband died 8 years ago and my son is dying from the same inherited disease that took his father. I also have a daughter, grandchildren and am a great grandmother of two.
You know about grief as do many here also. God gave us no 'program' for death, it still huts us as deeply today as it did when Adam lost his son who was murdered by his own brother...... but he did give us hope that we would see them again in "the resurrection on the last day". (John 5:28-29; John 11:23-24)
Is this a hope you entertain?

I have known the Lord for 45 yrs and I cherish him and his word. I live by his word and the doctrine found within its pages.
I look forward to getting to know you and sharing his word. I hope you help me understand better and draw closer to him as I hope to be a help to you.
That is a nice gesture, but until we all agree on what God's word teaches, our differences will continue to divide us.....Jesus said that it must....even in our own families (Matthew 10:34-39)

I hope you enjoy the challenges that may come up in discussions...as I find them very stimulating and a catalyst for deeper study.

Welcome.

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have to tell you lamb that it’s only just clicked what your forum name says, all I saw yesterday were random numbers and letters……..talk about missing the obvious ! Lol
The penny has only just dropped for me too - and I was trying to see if there was a hidden name!

@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d - I’m glad to find you here - it’s a pleasure to meet you. :)

Reactions: Rita and Pearl