Greetings!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Elisheva

Jul 11, 2008
To Everyone,I wanted to introduce myself, being new to this forum. My name is Stephanie and I live with my husband in Southern California. I was raised in a Christian home, but chose to fall away from maintaining a relationship with God and instead went through phases ranging from total unbelief to paganism. About two years ago, after deciding that I gave many other religions a good try I decided to take a serious look at Judaism. I always believed that a sovereign God would be in control of His creation and that His creatures would exist for His purposes, and that God isn't just a genie to serve our purposes. Judaism had the most convincing and convicting portrayal of the nature of God, and I believed in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I seriously considered converting to Judaism, but I was repeatedly struck by prophesies that were fulfilled through Jesus. I read several books on the subject (other than the Bible), and the book "The Case for Christ" really convinced me that Jesus was who He said He was, and I gave my life to Him.Just for kicks, I thought I would share my reason in choosing Elisheva as my screen name. :bible: As most of you will know, Elisheva was the wife of Aaron and a matriarch of the Jewish people. The name Elisheva is also known as Elizabeth (who was John the Baptist's mother), which happens to be my middle name. I look forward to building fellowship with you all.God's peace,Stephanie