Hades

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let's just say: Agree, to disagree.
If it suits you to believe what is not true, then I have still done my job. I have given you the truth.
The Bible does not teach that we have an immortal soul, so there is nothing conscious that survives death to go anywhere.....heaven or hell.....no consciousness means you cannot feel pain or suffer....but neither can you experience pleasure or joy.

Eccl 9:4-6....Solomon wrote....
“There is hope for whoever is among the living, because a live dog is better off than a dead lion. 5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun.”

So in this life, the living are aware that they will die, but what of the dead? What do they know? Nothing.
It says that their emotions have perished....even love does not survive death. So Solomon goes on to say....in verse 10...
“Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, [sheol] where you are going.

“Sheol” has a Greek equivalent...”hades”. It is the common grave where we will all go.

Those who believe that life continues somewhere else after death, do not believe what God’s word tells them...the dead are not conscious.....so they have swallowed the lie that satan told in Eden...you surely will not die”.....when God told Adam...In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.
Who lied? God or the devil?...stupid question....

The Bible teaches resurrection...belief in an immortal soul renders the resurrection, completely redundant. How do you resurrect someone who is not dead?

When Jesus went to resurrect his friend Lazarus who had died four days before, he purposely delayed his journey because he had something in mind to show the people.....something much more amazing than a miracle cure.....
What does the account tell us?
John 11:11-14....after receiving word that Lazarus was sick....
“After he said these things, he added: “Lazʹa·rus our friend has fallen asleep, but I am traveling there to awaken him.” 12 The disciples then said to him: “Lord, if he is sleeping, he will get well.” 13 Jesus, however, had spoken about his death. But they imagined he was speaking about taking rest in sleep. 14 Then Jesus said to them plainly: “Lazʹa·rus has died”.

Where did Jesus say that Lazarus had gone? Nowhere. He said that his friend had “fallen asleep” and where did he go to raise him up?....to his tomb. He woke Lazarus up, and he came out of his grave still wrapped in the bandages that were used in those days to prepare the body for burial. What would Lazarus have said if Jesus had brought him back from ‘paradise’ to resume his life on earth? What did he say? Again, nothing.

If Lazarus had gone to a better place, then what was the purpose of restoring his life, for him only to die again at some point in the future? What favour did Jesus do for his friend in restoring his life?

Now, read on and see what his sister had said to him before Lazarus was raised....

John 11:17-25...
“When Jesus arrived, he found that Lazʹa·rus had already been in the tomb for four days. 18 Now Bethʹa·ny was near Jerusalem, about two miles away. 19 And many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary to console them concerning their brother. 20 When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went to meet him; but Mary kept sitting at home. 21 Martha then said to Jesus: “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 Yet even now I know that whatever you ask God for, God will give you.” 23 Jesus said to her: “Your brother will rise.” 24 Martha said to him: “I know he will rise in the resurrection on the last day.” 25 Jesus said to her: “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life”.

Again, what do you see there as the hope that Martha expressed concerning the situation of her brother’s death and his destiny? No immortality of the soul......but the hope of “the resurrection on the last day”.....Jesus did not say that the faithful dead lived on, but that they would “come to life”.

What was Martha referring to when she spoke of the “the resurrection on the last day”. What “last day” is this?

You see that the Bible does not give us false beliefs, but Christendom does because she is an imitation “Christianity”....a disgusting counterfeit planted by the devil to mislead the majority as he has always done. Jesus warned about the devil sowing these “weeds”, but Christendom likes to pretend that it never happened.

Serious Bible students will see that the “soul” was never an invisible conscious part of humanity that was released at death to go to ‘heaven or hell’....that belief permeates all false religion because these all have the same author....the one who lied about death in the beginning. So all who teach this lie are ‘from their father the devil’ but are so indoctrinated that it’s the last thing they will believe about themselves.

All “souls” “die and return to the dust”......both man and animals die the same death because they are all “breathers” which is what a “soul” is. (Eccl 3:19-20) Adam became a living soul” when God started him breathing. When breathing stops, a soul dies. (Ezekiel 18:4) Future life is then dependant on a resurrection, but only for humans who alone were “made in God’s image”....some will be granted life because they died faithful to God and his Christ....some will enter a period of judgment (John 5:28-29)......and others who were judged to be incorrigibly wicked and unworthy to regain their life, will never awaken at all...that is “Gehenna”....the lake of fire where everything in there is destroyed forever.
When death is “everlasting” it is permanent. God’s justice demands nothing more.

You don ‘t have to believe me.....but please believe the scriptures...that is where the truth is.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's just say: Agree, to disagree.

Interesting note to that parable. Jesus provides the name of the beggar. The beggar is released from Abraham's bossum while Jesus is there to empty the room. The rich man is never named ......he is not significant .......because his name is not found in the book of life. He is and will ever be in Hades ....

There is an intentional avoidance of the most obvious in the defense of a sleeping soul not separated from the body ......The death on the cross.

Therefore .....the message given ignores the Jewish tenants of belief. All Jews would go to Sheoul at death ......You cannot slice and dice to pursue another discourse. The Bible does not identify the beliefs of the one criminal that was saved while on the cross. That also dispells the belief that only Jews go to sheoul. There are two rooms in Sheoul. Abraham's Bossum and Hades. It simply states the obvious message of Jesus when said while on the cross. "Today you will join me in Paradise" The body doesn't go, the body is in the grave. On Saturday you could roll away the stone and the body of Jesus would be there. The soul is not destroyed and is not sleeping with the body. This contradiction involving a sleeping soul ignores the teaching of Jesus during his life, while he lived.
Jesus didn't say "We will sleep for two thousand years" "Today you will join me in Paradise"

Jesus, confimed the existence of Sheoul, not once, but twice. Jesus was not there bodily .....he was there spiritualy. The body and soul separated. The soul of Jesus and his body were rejoined as one, which rose together .......Kind of blows massive holes in this most obvious attempt to defend "sleeping in a hole with the body for hundreds of years." Jesus provided the evidence ignored .......

The fact is ......the bible does not defend that belief unless you specifically ignore the greatest exhibit of reality found anywhere within the religion .....

Last edited: