Handling favor and a good name.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
I am sure we have all been there, that feeling at the top people are patting you on the back or singing your praises for doing something genuinely good. You can even feel God delighting, How do you handle it ?

Proverbs 3:3-4 says

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.
[sup]4[/sup] Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.

But what do you do when you get there ?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 149:4 For the LORD takes pleasure in his people; he adorns the humble with salvation.

You give God the glory and call it a day. Wake up tomorrow and do it over again.

Reactions: Angelina

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the Lord...a heartfelt 'Thank You Lord'.
To man... a simple 'thanks'.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012

Once you have won favor and a good name in the sight of God and man, what do you do when you get there?

My point was that if the grace and favor one receives is truly from the lord, then the same discipline, obedience and spirit that brought one to that point will also lead one at that point. On the other hand, if the favored position it is just the praise of man, then the aforementioned guides are not present to counsel.

I just reread my OP and see a typo. Sorry for the carelessness, It should say:

If you don't know, it makes me wonder about the spirit that you got you there.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We must count all attainments as nothing and continue to serve in obscurity. We must be ever vigilant of being puffed up with pride. Each new advancement must be embraced into obscurity.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I am sure we have all been there, that feeling at the top people are patting you on the back or singing your praises for doing something genuinely good. You can even feel God delighting, How do you handle it ?

Never had that problem. My emotional bubble usually burst long before it became an issue.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Thank You for the responses. Right now I feel pretty great but also vulnerable like the enemy is pursuing me.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA

Just humbly say... to God be the glory !!!

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Just humbly say... to God be the glory !!!

That seems to be the best way to do it it is God's presence in my life not my own greatness as I slip into thinking sometimes. Recentley I have had some sexual deviants try and corrupt and ensnare me with some decietful tricks and I stood firm and it feels glorious not to give in. Part of me wants to rub it in like a massive jerk though praying to God is all I can do not to ridicule these Godless people.

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
Isaiah 66:1-2 ESV
(1) Thus says the LORD: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool; what is the house that you would build for me, and what is the place of my rest?
(2) All these things my hand has made, and so all these things came to be, declares the LORD. But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.

To me, humility is simply knowing and accepting the truth about myself.

I have nothing meaningful to offer. My very best - absolute best I can do - is at the least misguided and ineffectual, at the worst destructive in every direction.

I have an idea of what God's Word wants of me. How can I do it??? I cannot. I am damaged goods. That's all there is to it. And I cannot rise above it. That's me on my own, anyway.

But . . . Christ in me, He's my hope of glory! And my only hope!

If anything good comes out of my life, there is not a question in my mind where it came from. It did not come from me. It is from Christ Jesus, Who has redeemed me.

Love in Christ,
Mark

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
That seems to be the best way to do it it is God's presence in my life not my own greatness as I slip into thinking sometimes. Recentley I have had some sexual deviants try and corrupt and ensnare me with some decietful tricks and I stood firm and it feels glorious not to give in. Part of me wants to rub it in like a massive jerk though praying to God is all I can do not to ridicule these Godless people.
That corruption and ensnare is about everywhere and i think in time, one maturing in Christ, just brushes it aside as there is noting we can do about it.
Jesus did not chase down the Devil he just said be gone. and there was noting the poor Devil could do about it as he can not make you do anything at all as he is only a tempter and you have free will to chose.
Pray for strength in Christ.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
MR ROSENBERGER said:
That corruption and ensnare is about everywhere and i think in time, one maturing in Christ, just brushes it aside as there is noting we can do about it.
Jesus did not chase down the Devil he just said be gone. and there was noting the poor Devil could do about it as he can not make you do anything at all as he is only a tempter and you have free will to chose.
Pray for strength in Christ.

Feeling that I have arrived and can put my feet up grab a six pack and not care about the rest of the world because im doing good. Very useless way to think creates a sense of compacency in the spirit God has set things up so we will always have something to do.