Hard to Title

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's so easy to be distracted. It's shocking how fast the world can get into you---turning your head from Christ to the paltry pleasures this life has to offer.

It's so good that we can turn again---humble ourselves before the Lord, let Jesus' Words wash over us, seek his forgiveness, and serve Him today.

"Your father knows what you need before you ask..."

The Lord knows I need Him. He knows I don't have the strength to resist the evil of this world without His Spirit. Without Him, I don't have the wisdom to seek Him.

I think I need a different situation. I think I need more money or to own property. I think I can simply entertain my depression away.

God knows what I need.

Let's seek Him today. Acknowledge Him in the secret place. If we sin, we can confess and start over. If we lose focus, we can refocus. The glory of God and His forever Kingdom is worth answering the call to suffer in this present life.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's so easy to be distracted. It's shocking how fast the world can get into you---turning your head from Christ to the paltry pleasures this life has to offer.

It's so good that we can turn again---humble ourselves before the Lord, let Jesus' Words wash over us, seek his forgiveness, and serve Him today.

"Your father knows what you need before you ask..."

The Lord knows I need Him. He knows I don't have the strength to resist the evil of this world without His Spirit. Without Him, I don't have the wisdom to seek Him.

I think I need a different situation. I think I need more money or to own property. I think I can simply entertain my depression away.

God knows what I need.

Let's seek Him today. Acknowledge Him in the secret place. If we sin, we can confess and start over. If we lose focus, we can refocus. The glory of God and His forever Kingdom is worth answering the call to suffer in this present life.
Even Jesus effectively put it all in the hands of His Father according to His Father's will.

Mt 26:39And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
Jesus, the man, did not want to suffer and die. That was his cup, but in spite of what he did not want, he said, "not as I will, but as thou wilt". From there he went with those who would torment him and crucify him. Perhaps "our cup" does not include physical crucifixion, but whatever it is, will not God take us through anything that does lie before us?

Consider also Jesus here:

Lu 2:52And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.
Jesus increased and we must also increase, but who among us is able to do it alone?

Mr 10:27And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
Are we walking alone... or are we walking with God?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I sometimes wonder if I'm doing okay. But we do have to live our daily lives with all that involves. I find time to read secular books and also to do needlework and I think that's a good thing to do. Once when I was reading late at night i felt the presence of God in the room with me, as though he was right there on my other sofa. So I don't beat myself up about the things I do to pass the time.