Harry Is Evil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
It has always been Satan's strategy to take something evil and make it look harmless, just like he did with the fruit in the garden.

Harry Potter uses real spells, when they are spoken or read, they unleash evil spirits into your life and dwelling. Lord rebuke it!

This seems to be the latest trend in Hollywood. Take a villain and make them sympathetic. All the old classics are being corrupted in their remakes.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I always wonder why is it Harry Potter that everyone rants against. What about Elsa, or fantasia with its pagan gods, the other pagan god series, or the subtle knief with its blatent antigod theme or there is All current childrens tv programs. Can you name any commercial tv childrens show that actively promotes Christianity.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has always been Satan's strategy to take something evil and make it look harmless, just like he did with the fruit in the garden.

Harry Potter uses real spells, when they are spoken or read, they unleash evil spirits into your life and dwelling. Lord rebuke it!

The fruit if the garden is black and white thinking

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

J K Rowling said she was influenced by C S Lewis, who decades back published books for children such as the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
This seems to be the latest trend in Hollywood. Take a villain and make them sympathetic. All the old classics are being corrupted in their remakes.

I would not want to raise a child in the culture we have now. America has turned pagan.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
The fruit if the garden is black and white thinking

Think about this Aspen, from Satan's perspective, things are very black and white to him. He takes things like black and white magic to make white magic look like a grey area so to speak as to blur the lines, when both are from him. I hope you can see what I'm saying.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
J K Rowling said she was influenced by C S Lewis, who decades back published books for children such as the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Well she was influenced by more than C S Lewis, she was influenced directly by Sorcery. I read in this thread that she aimed for the book series t be an into to get kids involved with sorcery.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well she was influenced by more than C S Lewis, she was influenced directly by Sorcery. I read in this thread that she aimed for the book series t be an into to get kids involved with sorcery.
I don't know enough about it to know whether this is strictly true.

I've no interest in Harry Potter; and I don't like C S Lewis. I more likely ignore them.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
I don't know enough about it to know whether this is strictly true.

I've no interest in Harry Potter; and I don't like C S Lewis. I more likely ignore them.

But in not knowing we should at least be suspicious or on guard against things that look suspect.
Christians shouldn't be naive because Satan has a strategy. He isn't just sitting around he prowls about seeking to devour.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
But in not knowing we should at least be suspicious or on guard against things that look suspect.
Christians shouldn't be naive because Satan has a strategy. He isn't just sitting around he prowls about seeking to devour.
We do need to "prove all things'. There is also Christian liberty, Romans 14.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
We do need to "prove all things'. There is also Christian liberty, Romans 14.

I don't like your verse reference because it is about eating meat that was previously sacrificed to idols. That is not the same as being involved or opening yourself to sorcery. I heard that HarryPotter series uses real spells. That rumor is good enough for me to stay away from it. You don't need to show me proof.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't like your verse reference because it is about eating meat that was previously sacrificed to idols. That is not the same as being involved or opening yourself to sorcery. I heard that HarryPotter series uses real spells. That rumor is good enough for me to stay away from it. You don't need to show me proof.
I was quoting Romans 14 as a general principle. I had already acknowledged that we need to 'prove all things'.

(A lot of Fundamentalists seem to ignore Romans 14 altogether.)

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
I was quoting Romans 14 as a general principle. I had already acknowledged that we need to 'prove all things'.

(A lot of Fundamentalists seem to ignore Romans 14 altogether.)

It's a general principle yes, but I'm talking about opening yourself to witchcraft and that's not what those verses are about.
Wouldn't you consider yourself a fundamentalist?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's a general principle yes, but I'm talking about opening yourself to witchcraft and that's not what those verses are about.
Wouldn't you consider yourself a fundamentalist?
I would see that there is indeed a 'faith once delivered to the saints' (Jude), but I don't subscribe to Fundamentalism, which as well as basic Biblical orthodoxy often encompasses also an admixture of a whole host of Anglocentric, culturally imperialist attitudes which seem to elevate personal preferences into supposed dogma which is then presented as supposedly and exclusively Biblical.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
I would see that there is indeed a 'faith once delivered to the saints' (Jude), but I don't subscribe to Fundamentalism, which as well as basic Biblical orthodoxy often encompasses also an admixture of a whole host of Anglocentric, culturally imperialist attitudes which seem to elevate personal preferences into supposed dogma which is then presented as supposedly and exclusively Biblical.

This is a can of worms, perhaps for another thread. I would be interested to hear which things of fundamentalism are culturally inherited and which are biblical. If you make a thread please share with me.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This is a can of worms, perhaps for another thread. I would be interested to hear which things of fundamentalism are culturally inherited and which are biblical. If you make a thread please share with me.
You might be interested in J I Packer's, Fundamentalism and the Word of God, IVP.

As regards a thread, I don't know where to start, as regards examples for the topic...

B

Butterfly

How can you compare CSLewis , The Narnia series , with Harry Potter - that's just weird, the Narnia books actually encourage discussions on christianity, especially The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe - even my atheist son knows that Aslan is Jesus, the witch represents satan and the stone table was the cross.
What about Tolkien and The Lord of the rings - I like that as well.
I am not saying you should not be mindful of what you read and watch, but not everything is a bad influence - many things open discussions and debates and actually enable you to talk about the gospel. If you fear everything, then that controls - it's like seeing demons everywhere -i guess it's like @Willie T was saying about Halloween ( just curious about your views on books and films )
I guess I have always had these things in my life because I am a lone christian, married to a non christian for so long, and then living with an atheist- so much goes over my head.
What about Star wars ?
Curious