Has anyone cast out demons?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
RW...you should learn the difference between oppression and possession.
As I repented of my sin and changed my behavior, I was freed of demonic influence.
I was at a bible week in 1984 and saw Bryn Jones cast a demon out of a person.

Reactions: Helen

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You must be sensitive to the Holy Spirit's leading.

Matthew 7
21 “Not every one who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.’

Reactions: Mantis

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It was only after I was filled with the Holy Spirit that I was able to deal effectively with demons.

Reactions: DuckieLady

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to be careful about this stuff. You are getting into this “Pop Christianity” area which isn’t CHRISTIAN at all. Yes you should pray for this man and regularly! Somebody who has problems with booze, drugs, immorality and all the rest isn’t “possessed”! They are sinners...like the rest of us! Often times this society, in its efforts to dress up things like this in a tuxedo, will give it an excuse to direct attention from those who willingly choose a sinful life. Don’t fall for it.

Yes, don't fall for Pop Christianity. It's best for people to be converted to God, as the lost will just keep inviting demons back. Also, some demons won't come out just by casting them out, it'll take more things to get them out.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to be careful about this stuff. You are getting into this “Pop Christianity” area which isn’t CHRISTIAN at all. Yes you should pray for this man and regularly! Somebody who has problems with booze, drugs, immorality and all the rest isn’t “possessed”! They are sinners...like the rest of us! Often times this society, in its efforts to dress up things like this in a tuxedo, will give it an excuse to direct attention from those who willingly choose a sinful life. Don’t fall for it.
On a similar line, somebody posted a copy of an article from a Christian mental health organization in another thread. It said DON'T assume a mentally ill person needs deliverance from demons. Unless you're absolutely 100% certain, the deliverance process can be counter-productive to healing the mentally ill person (who already has enough problems). Here I would defer to @Angelina.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please talk to your Pastor, definitely and if your church has Christian counselors, all the better. Deliverance ministry is not something that normal churches like to address because ministers in this area really need to be trained and their life needs to be pretty clean because those very demons they are trying to cast out will address any hidden secret's you may have in your private life and reveal them. Be assured!

There is a significant difference between deliverance from past or present demons and demons of mental illnesses. The latter is entrenched in the persons psyche and it takes a lot of obedience, patience and discernment to undo. Thank you Holy Spirit.

@Mantis you seem to have a very compassionate spirit. Perhaps the Lord wants you to go down this avenue in the future. :) Perhaps he will train you up xox

You may be correct. I have compassion for these people. I think God is letting me see people how he sees people. I truly need to be discipled by someone who knows what they are doing. I know the Lord and know that I can use his authority but I would hate to cast out a demon and not have the help and support available to this man. If he is not repentant seven more unclean spirits could enter him and his last state would be worse than the first. That would not be good and it would weigh on my conscious.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You may be correct. I have compassion for these people. I think God is letting me see people how he sees people. I truly need to be discipled by someone who knows what they are doing. I know the Lord and know that I can use his authority but I would hate to cast out a demon and not have the help and support available to this man. If he is not repentant seven more unclean spirits could enter him and his last state would be worse than the first. That would not be good and it would weigh on my conscious.

That would not be your biggest issue here. These types of spirits could terminate his life. This is why there needs to be a couselling and deliverance team. Not just deliverance. The main emphasis is on the word "team". It is God who draws together a team, each with specific gifts needed for the sake of this man or anyone else's freedom. We know that God [through the Holy Spirit] is the greatest deliverer but he tends to use his people in this way for many reasons....

I think I might have said it in another post....Mental illness spirits can be entrenched in a persons pscyhe.(body, soul,spirit).
There can be layers and layers and layers on each level and each issue has to be addressed separately. Dealt with, repented of or forgiven, agreed upon, then removed [cast out] but only as the Holy Spirit leads. The Holy Spirit may lead differently with each level and each layer.

This can actually takes years but it can also take less according to the persons willingnes to be set free and obedience.

Romans 8:28
28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

God is not going to throw you in the deep end. You will find that if he is taking you down this path, he will lead the way. You need to listen to his voice and obey his will. He will open doors to divine appointments, create divine encounters, he will place various Godly people on your path. Spiritual Fathers, teachers, prophets, counsellors, evangelists, healers and so forth.

You will think about this conversation many years down the track in hindsight and think to yourself, Wow! Father, you are just so awesome! Thank you for using me for your Kingdom and your glory!!!

Blessings!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a book that every disciple of Christ should read.
View attachment 19440
I have a few of his books, actually probably all, but I quit listening to Him a long time ago. I can't remember what it was that made me turn away from him but I think it had something to do with generational curses and..

Something about a mother unintentionally turning her son homosexual (in the womb!) because she said she didn't want to keep the baby at the time.

Which for me is not Biblical or scriptural, but more on par with the new age concept of Law of Attraction; just a bit more cursey?

Love to know if people disagree with me because it is a shame for me, I remember enjoying it. I want to be wrong here.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So There is this man that is homeless. He rants and raves and is almost impossible to approach. He goes to church. I gave him something to eat the other day and it was almost like he was a child trapped in a body over run with demons. It made me want to cry. You can tell that he is in there with vile spirits. Someone told me it is schizophrenia. I asked has anyone tried to cast out demons and I was told no. I feel for this man. He is obviously coming to church for help. I have never tried to cast out demons but Jesus said we have that power. Should someone try that with this man?
Yesterday I believe I had a deliverance from a spirit of discouragement.

Nothing really crazy happened except I just knew it was gone - and then out of the clear blue, the next day I learned I very, very likely have Dependent Personality Disorder brought on by a severe lack of family support/intense abuse that killed my confidence and kept me in long term abusive nonstop situations since I was 17. Not at all in emotional context, very emotionally independent, but practical needs. The ability to take care of myself.

So just having understanding and realizing there actually is an exit door and I'm going to be okay, removes that feeling of discouragement.

So basically I believe that these things can sort of coincide, demonic and mental health. I'd say worth praying for either way.

Reactions: Mantis and Lambano

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have a few of his books, actually probably all, but I quit listening to Him a long time ago. I can't remember what it was that made me turn away from him but I think it had something to do with generational curses and..

Something about a mother unintentionally turning her son homosexual (in the womb!) because she said she didn't want to keep the baby at the time.

Which for me is not Biblical or scriptural, but more on par with the new age concept of Law of Attraction; just a bit more cursey?

Love to know if people disagree with me because it is a shame for me, I remember enjoying it. I want to be wrong here.
I don't know...this guy's not perfect, but the Lord has ministered to me through him via a para-church ministry.
My mother rejected me in the womb because I was a boy...she was molested when she was young. Years later, as I was describing to my older sister what the Lord had shown me about me being rejected in the womb, she said, "Oh yeah, I remember when she did that as I was there when she did it!" To say I was amazed would be an understatement.

Reactions: Mantis

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know...this guy's not perfect, but the Lord has ministered to me through him via a para-church ministry.
My mother rejected me in the womb because I was a boy...she was molested when she was young. Years later, as I was describing to my older sister what the Lord had shown me about me being rejected in the womb, she said, "Oh yeah, I remember when she did that as I was there when she did it!" To say I was amazed would be an understatement.
Aw, so sad.:( I know, from seeing it in my own family, that resentment towards males. Just have to forgive them because those can tend to some very, very deep wounds.

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Aw, so sad.:( I know, from seeing it in my own family, that resentment towards males. Just have to forgive them because those can tend to some very, very deep wounds.
It affected my whole life. The Lord had to do some very deep work in me to remove it. That was nearly 22 years ago. Of course I forgive my mother. She might have been the most amazing person I've ever met. She was always my friend. She loved me more than anyone ever has...besides God that is.

Reactions: DuckieLady

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No as only God can do that. As really so sorry about resentment there you all had to suffer. As hope you and those loved ones of yours find peace in God.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yesterday I believe I had a deliverance from a spirit of discouragement.

Nothing really crazy happened except I just knew it was gone - and then out of the clear blue, the next day I learned I very, very likely have Dependent Personality Disorder brought on by a severe lack of family support/intense abuse that killed my confidence and kept me in long term abusive nonstop situations since I was 17. Not at all in emotional context, very emotionally independent, but practical needs. The ability to take care of myself.

So just having understanding and realizing there actually is an exit door and I'm going to be okay, removes that feeling of discouragement.
Thank you, Father, for hearing and answering prayers. Thank you, Great Physician and Healer. :)

Last edited:

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok thanks for the word. I’m not sure I can do anything to help him it’s just the Lord has really put him on my mind lately.

Is it the Lord Jesus Christ who has put that man on your mind???

The way you find out is by simply asking the Lord - something like "Jesus Christ do you want or need me to do something for that man?"

Paul explained that he took all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ. It sounds like the Lord, but it is still best to ask and listen for what the Lord has to say.

He has often done that with me, and the Lord answers usually surprise me. Sometimes, when I think I really need to help a lot, the Lord will tell me that He needs me praying for the person. That doesn't seem like much but just praying for a person is extremely important, an especially for someone like the man you described. It is not us who is going to "throw those demons out anyway, but rather God and the Kingdom of God. So really it is all about getting the Kingdom of God to move on a request.

Still, I also remember the times when the Lord did want me to get personally involved. I remember the time when the Lord asked me to go to a burger place to eat and I was not hungry at all. I wasn't going to go. My wife was with me and I asked her if she was hungry, but she said she didn't want to eat. So, I my wife me neither but the Lord has asked. She told me I had better do what the Lord asked, so we went. When we got there we found a man making a huge scene, just ranting loudly about clearly not in his right mind. The whole place was upset. And sure enough the Lord asked me to go and talk with that man.

As I walked upto the man he was saying loudly, "We're going to get him!"

So, I calmly asked the man who the 'we' was?

In the meantime, I was also trying to get information from the Lord and that small voice of His (The Holy Spirit), about how to proceed.

He looked a bit surprised to actual see someone talk to him, and he told me that he has 3,000 friends. He surely looked like a homeless man on the street. But he wasn't talking about people, was he? And remember, he said "We're" as if it had been discussed already. It is important to see what is actually coming off a mans lips. It is not only the word of God (what the Holy Spirit puts on a person's spirit) which comes out the mouth.

So I started talking about Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, and how we can seek Him as opposed to others. The man seemed to start to grow with a big vicious smile on his face. The Lord then told me to bind up those spirit I did by saying "Father I ask you to bind up those spirits so I can talk to this man." That man started to laugh but didn't even get out "Ha" before he instantly became calm and appeared to be in his own mind, so that we could talk.

He explained to me that he had been at the gas station across the street and had seen a really nice motorcycle. He decided that he wanted to sit on it and did so. A larger man (must have been pretty big cause this man was at least six feet tall) came out and hit him for being on his motorcycle. So, I talked to him about forgiving the man who hit him, and that seeking Jesus Christ is a real possibilty. That Jesus would come into his life and help him out.

You know what I find interesting - it's that this man knew a lot more about spirits, hearing from them, how they influence us, and so on than most Christians. It is often easier to talk to a homeless man about the spiritual than the average Christian on Sunday in church. the conversation with pretty good, but he was not quite willing to let Jesus Christ into his life.

A few days later, again the Lord told me to take my wife to the burger place. We were sitting next to the window when that same man came heading towards the burger place. He was in the middle of the busy six lane intersection when he saw me there. He suddenly started dancing around wildly in the middle of that intersection, even after the light had changed. He really slowed down the traffic and put himself in a dangerous position. He still had those friends of his. He then decided not to come in at that time.

Then a few days after that the Lord again had me take my wife to eat there. I we sat there that man came in, looking very low and down and out. He took a seat in the restaurant and just sat there with his head down on the table. Then I hear the Lord tell me to ask the man if he wanted something and get it for him.

So, per the Lord, I did ask the man if he was hungry. He didn't say a word but just shook his head, yes. I told him the combination I had gotten and if that would be ok for him. Again, looking pretty low down, he shook his head yes. So, I got it, told the lady in front that is was for him and gave him the ticket for it. That was the last time I saw the man.

I don't know what needs to be done, but I believe the Lord does. Oh, I have been involved in other 'casting out of demons', even to where at church we were praying for a person and the Lord would tell me to pray and then at a certain time saying, "Now come out of Him!", then suddenly watch the person start to throw up. But it is always about listening to the Lord, your and my Lord, Jesus Christ and doing what He asks!

So what are we to do??

Ask our Lord and listen, that's what!

Reactions: Helen and Mantis

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it the Lord Jesus Christ who has put that man on your mind???

The way you find out is by simply asking the Lord - something like "Jesus Christ do you want or need me to do something for that man?"

Paul explained that he took all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ. It sounds like the Lord, but it is still best to ask and listen for what the Lord has to say.

He has often done that with me, and the Lord answers usually surprise me. Sometimes, when I think I really need to help a lot, the Lord will tell me that He needs me praying for the person. That doesn't seem like much but just praying for a person is extremely important, an especially for someone like the man you described. It is not us who is going to "throw those demons out anyway, but rather God and the Kingdom of God. So really it is all about getting the Kingdom of God to move on a request.

Still, I also remember the times when the Lord did want me to get personally involved. I remember the time when the Lord asked me to go to a burger place to eat and I was not hungry at all. I wasn't going to go. My wife was with me and I asked her if she was hungry, but she said she didn't want to eat. So, I my wife me neither but the Lord has asked. She told me I had better do what the Lord asked, so we went. When we got there we found a man making a huge scene, just ranting loudly about clearly not in his right mind. The whole place was upset. And sure enough the Lord asked me to go and talk with that man.

As I walked upto the man he was saying loudly, "We're going to get him!"

So, I calmly asked the man who the 'we' was?

In the meantime, I was also trying to get information from the Lord and that small voice of His (The Holy Spirit), about how to proceed.

He looked a bit surprised to actual see someone talk to him, and he told me that he has 3,000 friends. He surely looked like a homeless man on the street. But he wasn't talking about people, was he? And remember, he said "We're" as if it had been discussed already. It is important to see what is actually coming off a mans lips. It is not only the word of God (what the Holy Spirit puts on a person's spirit) which comes out the mouth.

So I started talking about Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, and how we can seek Him as opposed to others. The man seemed to start to grow with a big vicious smile on his face. The Lord then told me to bind up those spirit I did by saying "Father I ask you to bind up those spirits so I can talk to this man." That man started to laugh but didn't even get out "Ha" before he instantly became calm and appeared to be in his own mind, so that we could talk.

He explained to me that he had been at the gas station across the street and had seen a really nice motorcycle. He decided that he wanted to sit on it and did so. A larger man (must have been pretty big cause this man was at least six feet tall) came out and hit him for being on his motorcycle. So, I talked to him about forgiving the man who hit him, and that seeking Jesus Christ is a real possibilty. That Jesus would come into his life and help him out.

You know what I find interesting - it's that this man knew a lot more about spirits, hearing from them, how they influence us, and so on than most Christians. It is often easier to talk to a homeless man about the spiritual than the average Christian on Sunday in church. the conversation with pretty good, but he was not quite willing to let Jesus Christ into his life.

A few days later, again the Lord told me to take my wife to the burger place. We were sitting next to the window when that same man came heading towards the burger place. He was in the middle of the busy six lane intersection when he saw me there. He suddenly started dancing around wildly in the middle of that intersection, even after the light had changed. He really slowed down the traffic and put himself in a dangerous position. He still had those friends of his. He then decided not to come in at that time.

Then a few days after that the Lord again had me take my wife to eat there. I we sat there that man came in, looking very low and down and out. He took a seat in the restaurant and just sat there with his head down on the table. Then I hear the Lord tell me to ask the man if he wanted something and get it for him.

So, per the Lord, I did ask the man if he was hungry. He didn't say a word but just shook his head, yes. I told him the combination I had gotten and if that would be ok for him. Again, looking pretty low down, he shook his head yes. So, I got it, told the lady in front that is was for him and gave him the ticket for it. That was the last time I saw the man.

I don't know what needs to be done, but I believe the Lord does. Oh, I have been involved in other 'casting out of demons', even to where at church we were praying for a person and the Lord would tell me to pray and then at a certain time saying, "Now come out of Him!", then suddenly watch the person start to throw up. But it is always about listening to the Lord, your and my Lord, Jesus Christ and doing what He asks!

So what are we to do??

Ask our Lord and listen, that's what!

Thanks Karl. This is solid advice.

Keva

Dec 21, 2021
Zagreb
Faith
Christian
Country
Croatia
I never casted demons out but i was present many times at some places when it occured. Usually it was in seminars or gatherins of father Zlatko Sudac - priest with stigmata cross on his forehead - or father Ivo Pavić...

Video to demonstrate whats going on there...

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I once ordered an evil spirit to come out of a woman. Speaking to the air in front of me, I said, "What is your name?" Out of the air, a voice said, "Jezebel." I grabbed it, broke it's back, bound it and cast it out, in Jesus' name!
Though I had some training first.
"I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you."
- Luke 10:19

Reactions: Aries