Has anyone changed their mind...?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got it.....You don't think I should respond to other peoples post and defend myself. Let them say what they have to say and ignore them? Marymog doesn't get to say what she has to say. Hmmmmm......

Riddle me this: If "everyone" is just saying what they have to say nicely why does everyone keep calling me names? Saying I follow an un-biblical church and other un-Christian like comments. Is that nice Helen?

I am always up front and say what I have to say soooooo why do you dislike me?

Curious Mary
People treat me that exact same way, and regularly worse.

When somebody is trolling that way, just walk away. Don't jump in the mud pit to "defend" yourself from the pigs, that only gets you filthy and the pigs a playmate. The Christ-like thing to do is to just walk away. Online you can even click the "ignore" botton and totally not have to deal with them.

Reactions: Marymog and Nancy

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary ~

Were you Water Baptized?
If so at what Age?

Were you Baptized with the Spirit of God?
If so at what Age?

Glory to God,
Taken
Hi Taken,

If you want to talk about my baptism and how it happened I will gladly converse with you. FYI..... @"ByGrace" really doesn't want me to talk about my beliefs about baptism sooooo I will only talk about MY baptism and what I was taught about baptism. If you want to talk about Mormonism being a cult, Calvinism and Amillennialism being deceptions, only 3 possibilities exist in salvation, literalism in Bible reading, Abortion, your opinion on Proverbs then we can talk about that....Just not baptism. ;)

Yes, I was water baptized as an infant. I was pretty young then so I don't remember it ;) but I have been told it was within several weeks after my birth.

Scripture says when one is baptized they are to be baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19). Since I received that Trinitarian baptism I was born of water and Spirit just like Jesus said one must be to enter the kingdom of God (John 3:5) sooooo I was "Baptized with the Spirit of God".

YOU? :rolleyes:

Mary

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Taken,

If you want to talk about my baptism and how it happened I will gladly converse with you. FYI..... @"ByGrace" really doesn't want me to talk about my beliefs about baptism sooooo I will only talk about MY baptism and what I was taught about baptism. If you want to talk about Mormonism being a cult, Calvinism and Amillennialism being deceptions, only 3 possibilities exist in salvation, literalism in Bible reading, Abortion, your opinion on Proverbs then we can talk about that....Just not baptism. ;)

Yes, I was water baptized as an infant. I was pretty young then so I don't remember it ;) but I have been told it was within several weeks after my birth.

Scripture says when one is baptized they are to be baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19). Since I received that Trinitarian baptism I was born of water and Spirit just like Jesus said one must be to enter the kingdom of God (John 3:5) sooooo I was "Baptized with the Spirit of God".

YOU? :rolleyes:

Mary

Mary, didn’t you join the Catholic Church as an adult? I was 30 when I joined - like you, i was baptized as an infant. What denomination did you belong to before you joined the Catholic Church? Did you read any Scott Hahn? What convinced you to join?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, didn’t you join the Catholic Church as an adult? I was 30 when I joined - like you, i was baptized as an infant. What denomination did you belong to before you joined the Catholic Church? Did you read any Scott Hahn? What convinced you to join?
Yes.

No specific denomination.

Love Scott Hahn and I have read his works. Love Jimmy Aiken, Steve Ray and Lee Strobel.

When I was a protestant I could not understand how the pastor's at the various churches I attended could stand on a stage and say baptism is a symbol when Scripture CLEARLY does not say that.

I could not understand how a pastor could stand on a stage and say the bread and wine are not His body/blood when Jesus said it IS his body/blood. The last church I attended put grape juice and pieces of crackers in a corner and the pastor said if you want to partake in it we placed it on a table over there......in the northwest corner. Otherwise, we take it communally on the third Sunday of the month. The pastor LITERALLY said that Jesus said while holding up the bread, 'This is a SYMBOL of my body". My head exploded since I knew that Jesus did not say that. Scripture does not teach that the NT Christians practiced what my pastors were telling me. The NT Christians partook daily in their "daily bread" and they believed it was his body and blood and they would bring damnation upon themselves if they didn't discern that.

The pastors didn't have a system in place that had the healing rite for the dying that forgives the sins of the person who is dying that Scripture established(James 5:14-15).

There were many other things those churches did that didn't match with Scripture.

Sooooo being a history teacher I delved into Christian History. Not just the history of Christianity but what the earliest Christians wrote in letters, wrote on catacomb walls, wrote on gravestones and I read the writings of the men who were anti-Christian. The anti-Christians accused your Christian brothers and sisters of cannibalism. The earliest recorded "church service" in 150AD mirrors a Catholic mass. The earliest teachings (1st century) of the men of the Church mirrors Catholic teaching. When I realized that MY Christian history (along with Scripture) didn't mirror Protestant beliefs I decided to figure out what God was doing in my life. To me it was clear; I have been lying to myself to think that going to church meant hearing a good sermon and chatting with fellow "Christians" in small groups. I learned that the men of the Reformation lied to all of us and they couldn't agree on what the "truth" was that is why they kept breaking off into new "churches" and new "truths". They just knew the CC was wrong and they were right.

Mary

Reactions: aspen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

No specific denomination.

Love Scott Hahn and I have read his works. Love Jimmy Aiken, Steve Ray and Lee Strobel.

When I was a protestant I could not understand how the pastor's at the various churches I attended could stand on a stage and say baptism is a symbol when Scripture CLEARLY does not say that.

I could not understand how a pastor could stand on a stage and say the bread and wine are not His body/blood when Jesus said it IS his body/blood. The last church I attended put grape juice and pieces of crackers in a corner and the pastor said if you want to partake in it we placed it on a table over there......in the northwest corner. Otherwise, we take it communally on the third Sunday of the month. The pastor LITERALLY said that Jesus said while holding up the bread, 'This is a SYMBOL of my body". My head exploded since I knew that Jesus did not say that. Scripture does not teach that the NT Christians practiced what my pastors were telling me. The NT Christians partook daily in their "daily bread" and they believed it was his body and blood and they would bring damnation upon themselves if they didn't discern that.

The pastors didn't have a system in place that had the healing rite for the dying that forgives the sins of the person who is dying that Scripture established(James 5:14-15).

There were many other things those churches did that didn't match with Scripture.

Sooooo being a history teacher I delved into Christian History. Not just the history of Christianity but what the earliest Christians wrote in letters, wrote on catacomb walls, wrote on gravestones and I read the writings of the men who were anti-Christian. The anti-Christians accused your Christian brothers and sisters of cannibalism. The earliest recorded "church service" in 150AD mirrors a Catholic mass. The earliest teachings (1st century) of the men of the Church mirrors Catholic teaching. When I realized that MY Christian history (along with Scripture) didn't mirror Protestant beliefs I decided to figure out what God was doing in my life. To me it was clear; I have been lying to myself to think that going to church meant hearing a good sermon and chatting with fellow "Christians" in small groups. I learned that the men of the Reformation lied to all of us and they couldn't agree on what the "truth" was that is why they kept breaking off into new "churches" and new "truths". They just knew the CC was wrong and they were right.

Mary

Hi Mary,
"The pastors didn't have a system in place that had the healing rite for the dying that forgives the sins of the person who is dying that Scripture established(James 5:14-15)."

This is not true. My father, when dying in the hospital was anointed with oil and prayed over by the elders my mothers Church and, he accepted Jesus into his heart and he cried. I NEVER saw my fatha had pastors aer cry! Nor did I think it possible, lol.
Every Protestant Church I have attended which add up to 5 in a period of 27 years have Elders and Pastors who do this! And, what do you mean by "system"?
Curious Nancy :D

Reactions: Helen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mary,
"The pastors didn't have a system in place that had the healing rite for the dying that forgives the sins of the person who is dying that Scripture established(James 5:14-15)."

This is not true. My father, when dying in the hospital was anointed with oil and prayed over by the elders my mothers Church and, he accepted Jesus into his heart and he cried. I NEVER saw my fatha had pastors aer cry! Nor did I think it possible, lol.
Every Protestant Church I have attended which add up to 5 in a period of 27 years have Elders and Pastors who do this! And, what do you mean by "system"?

Curious Nancy, (ha)
Holy Orders - you might want to google it - I may not describe it adequately

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mary,

Sry bout the typos o_O

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mary,

Hi Curious Nancy,

Well, it is true. The churches "I" attended over the years (3-4 churches) did not have that system in place. They asked the congregation for prayers and encouraged members to go visit the sick person in the hospital/hospice but there was no system in place for anointing of the oil. There are MANY churches throughout the world that are like this.

What I meant by "system" was they didn't have a set of procedures in place to give the healing rite for the dying. The "system in place" was asking the congregation for prayers which is good but not a true fulfillment of Scripture.

Hope that fills your curiosity bucket.....Mary

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Curious Nancy,

Well, it is true. The churches "I" attended over the years (3-4 churches) did not have that system in place. They asked the congregation for prayers and encouraged members to go visit the sick person in the hospital/hospice but there was no system in place for anointing of the oil. There are MANY churches throughout the world that are like this.

What I meant by "system" was they didn't have a set of procedures in place to give the healing rite for the dying. The "system in place" was asking the congregation for prayers which is good but not a true fulfillment of Scripture.

Hope that fills your curiosity bucket.....Mary

Okay, I can believe that not every protestant Church will obey the scriptures containing what to do for a sick brother or sister. They will have to answer to God for that. But, my experience in the Church's I attended, did do these things allot, especially the Church I belong to now. It's a ministry in itself as, there are many old folks there and many get sick. There is also (among many others) a ministry to visit those in prison. Our elders and congregants are very busy doing the work of God.

Agreeable Nancy... lol.

Reactions: Helen and Marymog