HAS REAL CHRISTIANITY ELUDED THE "CHRISTIAN" MASSES TODAY?!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Muse

Jun 7, 2014
Can you truly love Jesus and yet remain a pet and bait for all and everything around the world! cheaply indulge anything for whatever end or reason?! Is it just a reformation or a regeneration?!
well, I thought Christianity means a total change, equal to dying out of one world and resurrecting in another, Rom. 6, or was I mistaken to have received IT that WAY, while others seem to have it on a silver plate, the kind of Christianity which the Bible is deliberately quiet about! A CHRISTIANITY THAT CANNOT HURT ANYTHING LEAVE ALONE THE DEVIL! is it a culture of Western civilization or a personal encounter with Jesus Christ penitently crying for mercy till the burden of sin rolls away never to be again! Then Jesus is born within sweeping the old Egyptian garlic and cucumbers away, through the BLOODY SEA leading the way till in Canaan I rest?!

People hating, lying, cursing, swearing, jesting, coveting, committing lewdness, DRINK ANY KIND OF VULGAR MUSIC AND SHOWS, hoarding all kinds of mammon's worm-eaten riches in the name of Jesus, yet turn around on Sunday claiming Christianity, as if all about Christianity is to keep a certain day?! well, I don't understand that! Excuse my wondering but I can't help it! Is Col. chapter 3 no more in the Bible, or Matt. chapter 5,6 and 7; or has God who never can change suddenly changed? is the way to heaven become broad? or was Jesus mistaken when He warned us of the narrow way into life, bidding us take our cross following Him, as we part from the world of sin and evil?!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
This is true bruv.

I didnt really understand the first part of what you wrote but I agree with the latter and no I wouldnt think that that's Christianity mate. I work around the clock and unfortunately I miss a lot of Church, but I can tell you from what Ive seen going to church certainly doesn't make one a Christian.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Muse said:
Can you truly love Jesus and yet remain a pet and bait for all and everything around the world! cheaply indulge anything for whatever end or reason?! Is it just a reformation or a regeneration?!
well, I thought Christianity means a total change, equal to dying out of one world and resurrecting in another, Rom. 6, or was I mistaken to have received IT that WAY, while others seem to have it on a silver plate, the kind of Christianity which the Bible is deliberately quiet about! A CHRISTIANITY THAT CANNOT HURT ANYTHING LEAVE ALONE THE DEVIL! is it a culture of Western civilization or a personal encounter with Jesus Christ penitently crying for mercy till the burden of sin rolls away never to be again! Then Jesus is born within sweeping the old Egyptian garlic and cucumbers away, through the BLOODY SEA leading the way till in Canaan I rest?!

People hating, lying, cursing, swearing, jesting, coveting, committing lewdness, DRINK ANY KIND OF VULGAR MUSIC AND SHOWS, hoarding all kinds of mammon's worm-eaten riches in the name of Jesus, yet turn around on Sunday claiming Christianity, as if all about Christianity is to keep a certain day?! well, I don't understand that! Excuse my wondering but I can't help it! Is Col. chapter 3 no more in the Bible, or Matt. chapter 5,6 and 7; or has God who never can change suddenly changed? is the way to heaven become broad? or was Jesus mistaken when He warned us of the narrow way into life, bidding us take our cross following Him, as we part from the world of sin and evil?!
Muse........welcome back..............don't fret it...............since ya got it down...(This whole Jesus thing)..........battle for those who God puts into your path.

You be amongnst WARRIORS HERE...
And ......there really isn't that many Christians...in name sure...in reality no.
God has not changed
But many minds have been changed by satan about God.
Sooooooooooooooooo that's where we come in.
TO BATTLE THE PRICK OUT OF THEIR LIVES
YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ride on.

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Muse said:
People hating, lying, cursing, swearing, jesting, coveting, committing lewdness, DRINK ANY KIND OF VULGAR MUSIC AND SHOWS, hoarding all kinds of mammon's worm-eaten riches in the name of Jesus, yet turn around on Sunday claiming Christianity, as if all about Christianity is to keep a certain day?! well, I don't understand that!
Unfortunately, that is my family.

They do all of that, and more.

Then, go to church on Sunday..... And have scripture apon scripture memorized...... :mellow: :blink:

Why I removed myself from them. They are wicked, wicked people, and I truly question their salvation.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Thank you folks for caring!

Decades ago I was on fire in a large Church 24/7 seemed like, but not quite, enjoying every minute. Our doctorate Minister was teaching me ancient Hebrew, and was a very humble Godly man. Most of the Church goers were the typical 1.5 hour Sunday worshippers (today, I know, it's the "1" hour routine) where 10% or less were the 24/7 gang. One day the Minister was gone and a meeting was called where the leaders of the Church were in tears apologizing for signing off on a mortgage of the Church property giving the Minister legally 10 grand where he immediately took off with the money - there went my Hebrew, trust in the leaders in the Church and Doctorates - spare you the details on the other horrors. I had to get to the bottom of this, being a new Christian.

The conclusion I came to, still long ago, before Google (Now I just google up), and still strongly feel it's at the core of the problem is Rom.3:18 (Ps.36:1), "There is no fear of God before their eyes." I feel if one realizes this Psalm in their heart, daily inculcating and imbibing raising the bar from simple memorization, this would be a giganic step in the right direction.

btw I did ask an esteemed Minister why I never hear then give a message on Rom.3:18, and associated passages. His response was something similiar (long ago) to "We never want to offend anyone from the pulpit Jack." Now you can understand why I don't go out of my way not to offend even a brother Christian.

Old offending Jack, agreeing to disagree.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
shturt678 said:

Decades ago I was on fire in a large Church 24/7 seemed like, but not quite, enjoying every minute. Our doctorate Minister was teaching me ancient Hebrew, and was a very humble Godly man. Most of the Church goers were the typical 1.5 hour Sunday worshippers (today, I know, it's the "1" hour routine) where 10% or less were the 24/7 gang. One day the Minister was gone and a meeting was called where the leaders of the Church were in tears apologizing for signing off on a mortgage of the Church property giving the Minister legally 10 grand where he immediately took off with the money - there went my Hebrew, trust in the leaders in the Church and Doctorates - spare you the details on the other horrors. I had to get to the bottom of this, being a new Christian.

The conclusion I came to, still long ago, before Google (Now I just google up), and still strongly feel it's at the core of the problem is Rom.3:18 (Ps.36:1), "There is no fear of God before their eyes." I feel if one realizes this Psalm in their heart, daily inculcating and imbibing raising the bar from simple memorization, this would be a giganic step in the right direction.

btw I did ask an esteemed Minister why I never hear then give a message on Rom.3:18, and associated passages. His response was something similiar (long ago) to "We never want to offend anyone from the pulpit Jack." Now you can understand why I don't go out of my way not to offend even a brother Christian.

Great post sir Jack..................
It reminds me of Jimmy Swaggart..........I'm sure you have heard of him..............

Well...........here's my take........I watched on TV how many in his congregation have had it with him and how they have been giving to his church for all these years and how terrible they thought of him for hiring a prostitute.

I laughed out loud and this is what I said.

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!! what did they do last night, yesterday or today?
They say they have been giving to his church...
and now are walking away because of what he did.
Soooooooooooo...that tells me...they never knew Christ
they were giving money to the church and not Christ.

There is a very high percentage of Christians who do not tithe.............they think when they do give money...
they give to organizations where they know where or who is handling the money they give to.

God doesn't need are money.....that's the last thing He needs.............however He wants our obedience.

if every Christian tithed...................there would be no hunger...etc etc.

And this is the gospel truth.........................the Christian who does not tithe....misses out on God's miracles pertaining to tithing.

And good for you JAck.............................for keeping your eyes on God and not man.
Bless your heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, TITHE CHRISTIANS!

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
shturt678 said:

The best post I have seen from you Jack; I understand you more now.
That experience, is something akin to one I had 35 years ago; which started a prayerful one to one with my Lord for His truth and understanding.
As well as knowing more of the Bible and what is important to my Lord; A big lesson is the corruption of mankind.
Floyd.
(We will still disagree!)

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Floyd said:
The best post I have seen from you Jack; I understand you more now.
That experience, is something akin to one I had 35 years ago; which started a prayerful one to one with my Lord for His truth and understanding.
As well as knowing more of the Bible and what is important to my Lord; A big lesson is the corruption of mankind.
Floyd.
(We will still disagree!)
Thank you for your response!

The way you care about our Godman Lord Jesus Christ and the Cross where most in today's time could care less has always really shined exponentially brightly from my view. Thank you for sharing!!! Sorry hard on you at times.

Ol' grumpy old man Jack

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
shturt678 said:
Thank you for your response!

The way you care about our Godman Lord Jesus Christ and the Cross where most in today's time could care less has always really shined exponentially brightly from my view. Thank you for sharing!!! Sorry hard on you at times.

Ol' grumpy old man Jack
Your not hard on me Jack; we just differ re interpretation.
I feel safe in saying that you love the Lord; and therefore you are in His Body; and we shall meet someday; even if not in Oct/Nov.
My wife and I have taken very hard knocks in many areas of life; but He is our stalwart and Rock.
I hope to get through to you though on some things before we leave planet earth!
Floyd.

Muse

Jun 7, 2014
shturt678 said:

So I see that the problems always lies at the feet of the clergy who care more for their meal ticket, popularity and prosperity than caring for the sheep! are they therefore just hirelings? I thank God Jesus is no hireling! He deals with apostasy quickly and dismissively. Can't we join hands and ask Him as His sheep to come on the scene with a whip in the temple again!?

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Muse said:
So I see that the problems always lies at the feet of the clergy who care more for their meal ticket, popularity and prosperity than caring for the sheep! are they therefore just hirelings? I thank God Jesus is no hireling! He deals with apostasy quickly and dismissively. Can't we join hands and ask Him as His sheep to come on the scene with a whip in the temple again!?
It will be more than a whip next time! After the "sheep and goat judgement"; there will be extreme punishment (Matt.25:31-46)!
Floyd.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013

Sadly have to agree to agree on these posits!

I found out long ago I couldn't trust them for my forever abode even though they insisted I would inherit eternal life no matter what. What I found out is try to tell great Christian Church goers not to trust anyone for one's forever abode no matter what credentials, or whatever they have or appearances. Each must personally scrutinize the Word at every chance - won't bother to share the so few 'hearers.'

Old Jack's opinion only

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
shturt678 said:

I found out long ago I couldn't trust them for my forever abode even though they insisted I would inherit eternal life no matter what. What I found out is try to tell great Christian Church goers not to trust anyone for one's forever abode no matter what credentials, or whatever they have or appearances. Each must personally scrutinize the Word at every chance - won't bother to share the so few 'hearers.'

Old Jack's opinion only
Thumbs up Jack!!!
Floyd.

Muse

Jun 7, 2014
shturt678 said:

Old Jack's opinion only
True!!! but some spent years personally scrutinizing the Word at every chance only to become worse! I guess you know some? I think the beginning point matters: is one looking for Salvation sincerely or a suitable religious out fit?? ask and you will be given......our Fathergives nobody a serpent for a fish sure? BUT BALAAM INSISTED TO HAVE A SERPENT INSTEAD OF FISH, AND HE GOT IT??? all hangs on what kind of birth sets you in motion!

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Muse said:
True!!! but some spent years personally scrutinizing the Word at every chance only to become worse! I guess you know some? I think the beginning point matters: is one looking for Salvation sincerely or a suitable religious out fit?? ask and you will be given......our Fathergives nobody a serpent for a fish sure? BUT BALAAM INSISTED TO HAVE A SERPENT INSTEAD OF FISH, AND HE GOT IT??? all hangs on what kind of birth sets you in motion!
Going to have to pull up my trump card trumping the antichristian's parousia (presence) - nothing to do with you good folks, only the antichrist and his boys, ie, IIThess.2:10b and Heb.1:14 if I recall correctly. Anyone that has an agape for the truth, and bumps into enough truth even though mixed with errors - in the sense of Matt.13:44 (hidden treasure) - angelic activity will make sure that one does not become the recipient of IIThess.2:11, 12 even this moment.

My point is if one understands the concept of God's agape, and heartfully has this agape for the truth bumping into enough truth, look around you, they are there (angelic activity).

Old Jack

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
shturt678 said:
Going to have to pull up my trump card trumping the antichristian's parousia (presence) - nothing to do with you good folks, only the antichrist and his boys, ie, IIThess.2:10b and Heb.1:14 if I recall correctly. Anyone that has an agape for the truth, and bumps into enough truth even though mixed with errors - in the sense of Matt.13:44 (hidden treasure) - angelic activity will make sure that one does not become the recipient of IIThess.2:11, 12 even this moment.

My point is if one understands the concept of God's agape, and heartfully has this agape for the truth bumping into enough truth, look around you, they are there (angelic activity).

Old Jack
Sincerity, and love for the Truth is key !
Floyd.

Muse

Jun 7, 2014
Floyd said:
Sincerity, and love for the Truth is key !
Floyd.
I must say a loud AMEN! to that, FLOYD. One time PILATE wondered what the TRUTH is?! what of "My sheep know my Voice?": these must be the sincere lovers of TRUTH! " BLEESED EYES, BLESSED EARS", MUST PLAY THEIR PART.