Has the Reformation truly finished????

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Floyd said:
Are you against Israel?
That all depends on how one defines “Israel”. Am I against the true descendants of the Israelite ten tribes that were scattered after the Assyrian captivity (1Pet. 1:1)? Certainly not!
However, yes I do find multiple faults with the modern geo-political Jewish state in the Middle East that calls itself “Israel”.

"Strictly speaking it is incorrect to call the modern day Jew, an Israelite or a Hebrew." --1980 Jewish Almanac

This fact is confirmed by several other Jewish sources such as The Jewish Encyclopedia (1905), The Universal Jewish Encyclopedia (1941), the Encyclopaedia Judaica (1971), The New Standard Jewish Encyclopedia (1977), as well as individual Jewish authors such as Nathan M. Pollock, Professor of Medieval Jewish History of Tel Aviv, Bernard Lazare, Robert Quillan, Dr. Benjamin Freedman, Arthur Koestler, James Yaffe, Paul Meyer, Jack Bernstein, Brother Nathanael Kapner etc.

"The return from Babylon and the introduction of the Babylonian Talmud marked the end of Hebraism and the beginning of Judaism." --Rabbi Stephen S. Wise

Floyd said:
However; I agree that much is in need of change in Israel and Protestantism. this will happen when the events of the "Tribulation" are over; and IMO, not before!
Am I to interpret your position above as completely resigning from Christians attempting to elicit change in either the policies and affairs of the modern geo-political Jewish state in the Middle East that calls itself “Israel” as well as making any reasonable changes in Protestantism in the end times?

There’s no doubt that there will be drastic changes after the Tribulation, but does that mean we are powerless to effect constructive changes in our present day? Are you advocating fatalism, i.e., that all events are predetermined and inevitable?

Do you believe that Jews (currently alive or deceased) after 33AD can/will be saved without ever confessing Christ Jesus as LORD and Messiah?

Floyd said:
There are many variations of belief in Christendom which divide us, but one is essential; the belief in the Deity of Christ Jesus; and His salvation offered to all mankind, which binds us together!
Amen to that, Floyd!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More contradiction......

More collisions of sacred cows

Hating rebellion, yet fearing unity

Exulting eternal life, yet longing for the death of the planet and the end of mortal existence

Hating big government, yet longing for justice from big government as long as it is punishing evil doers

It is all vanity

Jesus did not look to the government for justice. He did not fear unity - instead, He encouraged it - loving God and neighbor was His primary message. Love in the face of tyranny - all other responses are rooted in vanity. Jesus did not exult eternal life over mortal life, either - if He did, He would not have cared about loving people on Earth through service. Meeting people's physical needs was valued by Him

B

brakelite

aspen said:
More contradiction......

More collisions of sacred cows

Hating rebellion, yet fearing unity
Mmmmm, an interesting response aspen. The rebellion you speak of...against whom? And by whom? Not all rebellion is a bad thing. Yet rebellion against God and His laws must always be viewed with abhorrence, yet unity based upon anything other than truth must be avoided. To compromise truth in favor of those things upon which various factions agree regardless of whether they be truth or not maybe unity, but hardly a unity that ought to be embraced by the truth loving Christian. It is this type of unity, ecumenism, that ought to be opposed and exposed for the farce that it is.

aspen said:
Exulting eternal life, yet longing for the death of the planet and the end of mortal existence
Re 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

In the verse from Rev. God's wrath is promised to those who hate this planet and contribute to its demise. Pollution,sin, corruption, violence in all its varied forms will be judged. This planet and the life of all things upon it must be protected and cherished and loved...they belong to God. But this doesn't contradict our hope fpr a future of a new heavens and a new earth where all those corruptions mentioned above are no more.

aspen said:
Hating big government, yet longing for justice from big government as long as it is punishing evil doers
Now there is something I can agree on. As far as I am concerned, government is in place to accomplish only one thing. To protect the rights of the individual, so long as those rights do not impinge on the rights of other individuals. Maintaining law and order is in full accord with this. To lobby government however to convince the powers that be to implement legislation in favour of a majority where the minority suffer, is an abomination and against all human freedom which is God's gift to mankind.

aspen said:
Jesus did not look to the government for justice. He did not fear unity - instead, He encouraged it - loving God and neighbor was His primary message. Love in the face of tyranny - all other responses are rooted in vanity. Jesus did not exult eternal life over mortal life, either - if He did, He would not have cared about loving people on Earth through service. Meeting people's physical needs was valued by Him
Jesus encouraged unity yes...but not a unity with the tyranny that prevailed at that time. Do you think Jesus would have favored unity with the tyrannical RCC of the dark ages? Or do you think He favored departure from it Do you think He favors unity with Rome today? Or do you think He favors remaining part from it? On what basis is any unity with Rome a favorable proposal?

As to Jesus exultation of this life....Jesus exalted all of life...He is the Giver of life....promising a more abundant life for those who believed and kept His commandments. No argument re service and love. In fact, it is only as we serve and love even our enemies that we find the true purpose for life...not just here and now but also later in glory.

James Forthwright said:
A very poignant question, Brakelight! It is rather curious that it's always "the other guys doctrine" that is errant. The Christians that disagree with us are spreading 'doctrines of demons' but our own personal interpretations and doctrinal stance are unequivocally synonymous with all that is true, righteous and spirit-filled. :rolleyes:

Could it be we all have a tendency to be too quick to condemn and could mutually benefit from some careful personal introspection on many of our per-conceived doctrinal opinions?

What continues to baffle me is how so many Christians in this generation have so whole-heartedly embraced the modern state of Israel (and practically all things Jewish) even though many of their policies are ill-guided (to put it mildly) and they as a spiritually rebellious people/nation continue to reject Jesus Christ as the only one true Messiah?

It appears that the "Reformation" that is most needed at this time is a reformation of Protestantism itself!
Hi James. I have no problem with any who sincerely and forthrightly teach what they believe to be true. I have a very great problem with those who while teaching their perspective, suggest, claim outright, or even infer that any who do not or cannot agree with them are therefore morally, intellectually, Biblically or psychologically challenged.
Nor do I have a problem with those who teach with great passion and fervor, but again I have a great problem with those who realize that their efforts are going unrewarded thus they then elicit the assistance of government in legislatively imposing their particular religious views upon the rest of us, compelling others to obey by force or threat of punishment for the rebellious.

Religious freedom or liberty of conscience is fast taking upon the appearance of the classic automobile. Something only brought out for show, while in their daily business Government drive rough-shod over the populace using bull-dozers tanks, or drones.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Please excuse my late reply.

Floyd, on 31 May 2014 - 3:36 PM, said:
Floyd said:
Are you against Israel?
That all depends on how one defines “Israel”. Am I against the true descendants of the Israelite ten tribes that were scattered after the Assyrian captivity (1Pet. 1:1)? Certainly not!

We are in line then. All my ref. to "Israel", unless otherwise stated; are to the "Millennial Jeshuran". The present state and populous are a "pre-curser"; and out come of the last 2000 years plus, of Pharisaic teaching and control.

However, yes I do find multiple faults with the modern geo-political Jewish state in the Middle East that calls itself “Israel”.

"Strictly speaking it is incorrect to call the modern day Jew, an Israelite or a Hebrew." --1980 Jewish Almanac

This fact is confirmed by several other Jewish sources such as The Jewish Encyclopedia (1905), The Universal Jewish Encyclopedia (1941), the Encyclopaedia Judaica (1971), The New Standard Jewish Encyclopedia (1977), as well as individual Jewish authors such as Nathan M. Pollock, Professor of Medieval Jewish History of Tel Aviv, Bernard Lazare, Robert Quillan, Dr. Benjamin Freedman, Arthur Koestler, James Yaffe, Paul Meyer, Jack Bernstein, Brother Nathanael Kapner etc.

"The return from Babylon and the introduction of the Babylonian Talmud marked the end of Hebraism and the beginning of Judaism." --Rabbi Stephen S. Wise

See above.

Floyd said:
However; I agree that much is in need of change in Israel and Protestantism. this will happen when the events of the "Tribulation" are over; and IMO, not before!
Am I to interpret your position above as completely resigning from Christians attempting to elicit change in either the policies and affairs of the modern geo-political Jewish state in the Middle East that calls itself “Israel” as well as making any reasonable changes in Protestantism in the end times?

Probably!

There’s no doubt that there will be drastic changes after the Tribulation, but does that mean we are powerless to effect constructive changes in our present day? Are you advocating fatalism, i.e., that all events are predetermined and inevitable?

Not fatalism as commonly held; but the inevitability of the outcome of God's Plan of ultimate redemption; and dealing with the "Mystery of Iniquity".

Do you believe that Jews (currently alive or deceased) after 33AD can/will be saved without ever confessing Christ Jesus as LORD and Messiah?

A very interesting point; I have dwelt on this often. There are passages in Scripture which seem to say so "and so, all Israel shall be saved"! I rest at present on Zech. 12:10; which seems to be relevant to your question.
However; I firmly believe that there are different destinations for people, which are "Age" dependant; and will dependant. For example; from Pentecost to Acts 28:28, the Jew was first in the Order of God (ie "the Jew first" Paul's statement). From Acts 28:25-28, the order changed, and Paul stated that "the gospel will go to the Gentiles, they will hear" (IE the Gentile first), with Jew still able to enter through Christ into Salvation.
In the former, the destination, ie inheritance is Abrahamic; in the latter the inheritance is "in the heavenly" , with Christ Jesus as Head of the Body!
As said; in the case of post Millennial Israel, they are a special case as the "first born son"; and have a duty promised in Ex. as a "kingdom of Priests" in "the Promised Land"; to the enlarged borders of the promises in OT.

Floyd said:
There are many variations of belief in Christendom which divide us, but one is essential; the belief in the Deity of Christ Jesus; and His salvation offered to all mankind, which binds us together!
Amen to that, Floyd!

Indeed James:

Floyd.

B

brakelite

Just this month pope Francis has met with 50,000 charismatic/pentecostals in the Rome Olympic stadium, and was prayed for by them at his request. Present at this meeting was a delegation of 15 leading lights in the evangelical circle, among them Joel Osteen, who quote, "was proud to represent the Pastors of America at that meeting".

A few days later Francis met with Osteen and the other 14 leaders in a private meeting in the Vatican.

Then, a few days after that the busy pope met with the Netanyahu (Israel), Abbas (Palestine), and Bartholomew of the Orthodox church. Friends, the coming world superchurch under the leadership of the Roman apostate power is just around the corner. The reformation is going to have to be fought all over again, and believe me, if you are going to decide for Truth, then it will be your blood that will be spilt. Has the papacy and Protestantism come so far now that there is now no reason to be divided? This is a question you are going to have to decide on. It will not go away...you cannot ignore it as of little or no consequence. The uniting of the religious world under Rome is inevitable...it is prophetic...it is happening as we speak...and it is going to result in the greatest conflagration between truth and error in the history of mankind.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
brakelite said:
Just this month pope Francis has met with 50,000 charismatic/pentecostals in the Rome Olympic stadium, and was prayed for by them at his request. Present at this meeting was a delegation of 15 leading lights in the evangelical circle, among them Joel Osteen, who quote, "was proud to represent the Pastors of America at that meeting".

A few days later Francis met with Osteen and the other 14 leaders in a private meeting in the Vatican.

Then, a few days after that the busy pope met with the Netanyahu (Israel), Abbas (Palestine), and Bartholomew of the Orthodox church. Friends, the coming world superchurch under the leadership of the Roman apostate power is just around the corner. The reformation is going to have to be fought all over again, and believe me, if you are going to decide for Truth, then it will be your blood that will be spilt. Has the papacy and Protestantism come so far now that there is now no reason to be divided? This is a question you are going to have to decide on. It will not go away...you cannot ignore it as of little or no consequence. The uniting of the religious world under Rome is inevitable...it is prophetic...it is happening as we speak...and it is going to result in the greatest conflagration between truth and error in the history of mankind.
Informative and concerning Brake !
Floyd.

Ecumenical Movement

[SIZE=16pt]Revelation 2:2a[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]V.2 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]I know thy [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]works[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] and labour, and patience, [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]and how thou canst not bear them [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]which are evil,[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] and thou hast tried them which [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt](a)http://www.revelationsmessage.co.uk/chapter2.htm[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]say they are apostles,[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] and are not and hast found them liars:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt](a)[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]"Say they are apostles," [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]many examples in the Acts, which indicates that the characteristics of this future time to be similar to the Acts period (Jews are again "first priority", and probably again "Ammi", Hos. 1:10-11;2:1).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]At the present time, many people say they are Christians, but are not! These people are easily discerned, they do not like to study the Bible, and tend to devalue it "as only one of the churches founding documents." They[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] cannot use the name of Christ in conversation without embarrassment, and tend to refer to "God" frequently, when The Lord's name should be used. When asked to express their faith, they usually express anger, or they will use the noun "Jesus," but[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]cannot say "my Lord and Saviour Jesus The Christ.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] Their "Jesus" is One of the impostors, as Jesus Barabbas, and they will undoubtedly be in the category described in Matt.7:22-23. They are also often very active in the Ecumenical movement: [/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]Ecumenical (The) Movement and the Bible:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] (Separate study)[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]which is powered by Rome, which teaches, "we must all live together, not concentrate on our differences, and there are many ways to God, and pray for world peace." This of course chimes well with the world's politicians, who are afraid of religious conflict becoming uncontrollable. [/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]In short, many of the world's established churches are now little more than social clubs, with music, and many other activities taking the place of true evangelising.[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]The Acts 4:12 principle is now forbidden, "so as not to offend people." [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]The insights of Martin Luther and the other worthy reformers are ignored and devalued in the inexorable march towards "Ecumenical peace." This false "peace" will arrive, first for Israel, and then the world, under Anti-Christ! At that stage the ref. in Zech. 1:11, and Rev.6:4 will apply.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]In the Old Testament Jewish context, the false leaders and bad shepherds were not challenged, and the damage and evil that followed are evident up to the present day. The false and corrupt shepherds of Israel are destined for special judgement (Jer.25:34-36, Ezk. 34.) It is certain that the false shepherds of today, and their helpers in the congregations will meet a similar fate.[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] This subject has been laboured because throughout the Ages [/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]The Lie (Rev.14:5); [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] propagated by Satan in many guises has held sway. It holds sway now. [/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]The truth of Acts 4:12 is denied worldwide.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]In the example above, Jews are saying they are Jews, but are not! Here men claim Apostleship: (one who is a special messenger, App. 189 Comp. Bible), for purpose of false teaching causing dispute and dissent.[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]The same in Rev. 3:9. The punishment for these and all liars is shown in Rev. 21:27, and 22:15. The purpose in this case is to cause weakness of resolve, and to work against "the angel." The object is to engender failure of the "Ephesus church," and failure [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]as the anti-thesis. This also indicates an early event, and a "filling full" in the yet future![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]In these 7 churches, with the special focus of Christ, [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]all Satan's wiles are to be resisted[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]hence the many references to Old Testament situations and characters. They are showing to be the "anti-thesis," with Christ's help to [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Israel's failure and[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]perversion,[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] when in their "Ammi" state, prior to Christ's first advent. "Christ's help" here means access to Holy Spirit empowerment, as was the case for Jewish and some Gentile believers up to Acts 28:28![/SIZE]

B

brakelite

Floyd said:
[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]The insights of Martin Luther and the other worthy reformers are ignored and devalued in the inexorable march towards "Ecumenical peace." This false "peace" will arrive, first for Israel, and then the world, under Anti-Christ! [/SIZE]
Hi Floyd, yes, very concerning. I am interested in the above quote from your web site study. It says that the insights of Martin Luther and the other reformers have been ignored, devalued, and I would add, forgotten. Quite true. And I agree with the statement re world peace. Precisely the premise under which Francis is gathering people around him. Peace is at the top of his agenda to unite theworld's religions under him. Yet you don't recognise two things.
First, all the reformers, almost without exception, taught that the antichrist was none other than the papacy, second, the current pope, as the leader of the papal power, is perfectly fulfilling that role assigned to him through prophecy and as identified by the blood bought testimony of God's men and women for the past 1500 years.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
brakelite said:
Hi Floyd, yes, very concerning. I am interested in the above quote from your web site study. It says that the insights of Martin Luther and the other reformers have been ignored, devalued, and I would add, forgotten. Quite true. And I agree with the statement re world peace. Precisely the premise under which Francis is gathering people around him. Peace is at the top of his agenda to unite theworld's religions under him. Yet you don't recognise two things.
First, all the reformers, almost without exception, taught that the antichrist was none other than the papacy, second, the current pope, as the leader of the papal power, is perfectly fulfilling that role assigned to him through prophecy and as identified by the blood bought testimony of God's men and women for the past 1500 years.
Hi Brake:
No; I am aware of the common view re the Anti-Christ; but I don't at present agree with it.
There is so much evidence in Scripture that he is "Assyrian"; that at present I hold that opinion.
I also am very taken with the fact that as Daniel shows, the Jews will accept a "peace deal" (covenant Dan.9:27) which has been hinted at as "of their fathers"; (Dan.11:24); ie they would trust him, because he will be of their blood! ( this may or not be so; depending on the interpretation od v24).
Because of the times the Jews were taken to Babylon, and Syria; and as the northern route would always be taken due to the need for sustenance etc. it is certain that the seed of the Jews was established north of Israel. Also; some of the "dispersed" did no go to Babylon, but to Syria; and became the forebears of the Samaritans.
The fact of the Samaritans involvement with Christ's future is borne out by Christ's meeting with the Samaritan woman at the well.
Floyd.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I vote no. The Reformation can never truly end without completely stripping the altars. If there is one symbol left, the work of the Reformers is left unfinished. Of course, the whole idea of trying to destroy all symbolism from Christianity is like trying to separate oxygen from breathing. Everything that makes us human beings and allows us to communicate is based in symbolism. The Reformers tried their hardest to scare everyone into believing that symbols are going to damn us, but in fact, they are as intricate to human existence as DNA. The closest any church has gotten to gutting Christianity is the JW church and if you have ever attended a service, you will know just how hollow and empty a service can be. I remember going to a KH on Christmas, one year. They had a dead branch decorating the room and spent the entire hour talking about how scary the world was and how we all deserved worse. They are truly at the farthest reaches of the Reformation.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
aspen said:
I vote no. The Reformation can never truly end without completely stripping the altars. If there is one symbol left, the work of the Reformers is left unfinished. Of course, the whole idea of trying to destroy all symbolism from Christianity is like trying to separate oxygen from breathing. Everything that makes us human beings and allows us to communicate is based in symbolism. The Reformers tried their hardest to scare everyone into believing that symbols are going to damn us, but in fact, they are as intricate to human existence as DNA. The closest any church has gotten to gutting Christianity is the JW church and if you have ever attended a service, you will know just how hollow and empty a service can be. I remember going to a KH on Christmas, one year. They had a dead branch decorating the room and spent the entire hour talking about how scary the world was and how we all deserved worse. They are truly at the farthest reaches of the Reformation.
They are not in any way "reformation"; they work for our great enemy !

Floyd.

The Bible clearly states that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where the apostasy of Jehovah's Witnesses, Unitarians and others that think along similar lines deny!
Reading and listening to their weasel words is like reading Genesis 3:4 and Satan's words to Eve; "Ye shall not surely die" (KJV), after God had said the opposite only a short time before!

The interesting point of Satan's attack on Eve, is that Satan wanted to bring mankind low (out of the special relationship Adam and Eve had with God);

Satan also wanted to do the same with Jesus just after His baptism by John the Baptist; and showed his power with his temptation of Jesus; and offered Him "all the kingdoms of the world", if He would fall down and worship him (Matt. 4; and Luke 4). This action by Satan also confirmed that at that time (and the present) he was/is "the prince of this world"; as both Paul and Jesus acknowledged!

Jehovah Witnesses and Unitarians et-cetera, have different teachings on Satan; even though the Bible is clear on his origins, his fall, and his purpose now and in the future.

That means that some in their teaching do not believe that, Satan tempted Eve! Some teach that evil is in man from the Eden stage, but not by Satan! This confusion means that many believe that God introduced temptation and evil; which means in their teaching that God created evil, with all its consequences!

That of course does not hold true to Scripture; so that all their teaching is not valid to the Bible; so where does that leave their teachings but in the rubbish tip of the worst of the heretical sects and false churches, and false Christ's that Jesus warned about during His first Advent on earth, (Matt. 24:4; Mk.13:6; and Luke 21:8)!

As well as denying Christ's Deity, they deny also the Deity of the Holy Spirit. They protest that they "praise and worship God as other Christians do". However; as they deny the Holy Spirit's Deity; and as God is "Spirit" (Jn. 4:23); and "all that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth"; (Jn. 4:24); they cannot worship Him, as they deny Him! Therefore; if they think they worship the True God (1 Cor.8:4); they are deluded; and using false scripture, which is often the case (their own translations; corrupting the main points of God's Truth throughout)!

This places these people and especially their leaders in the same category as the "false shepherds of Israel"; and as per. Scripture prophecy means that they have severe judgement to look forward to; when Christ Jesus begins His clearing to Truth from "the lie of Satan"; at the beginning of His Reign on earth; see:

Organisations that deny the deity of Christ
Mormonism - Latter Day Saints
Founded By: Joseph Smith, Jr., 1830.
Mormons believe that God has a physical, flesh and bones, eternal, perfect body. Men have the potential to become gods as well. Jesus is God's literal son, a separate being from God the Father and the "elder brother" of men. The Holy Spirit is also a separate being from God the Father and God the Son. The Holy Spirit is regarded as an impersonal power or spirit being. These three separate beings are "one" only in their purpose, and they make up the Godhead.

Jehovah's Witness
Founded By: Charles Taze Russell, 1879. Succeeded by Joseph F. Rutherford, 1917.
Jehovah's Witnesses believe that God is one person, Jehovah. Jesus was Jehovah's first creation. Jesus is not God, nor part of the Godhead. He is higher than the angels, but inferior to God. Jehovah used Jesus to create the rest of the universe. Before Jesus came to earth he was known as the archangel Michael. The Holy Spirit is an impersonal force from Jehovah, but not God.

Christian Science
Founded By: Mary Baker Eddy, 1879.
Christian Scientists believe the trinity is life, truth and love. As an impersonal principle, God is the only thing that truly exists. Everything else (matter) is an illusion. Jesus, though not God, is the
Son of God He was the promised Messiah but was not a deity. The Holy Spirit is divine science in the teachings of Christian Science.

Armstrongism
(Philadelphia Church of God, Global Church of God, United Church of God)
Founded By: Herbert W. Armstrong, 1934.

Traditional Armstrongism
denies a Trinity, defining God as "a family of individuals." Original teachings say Jesus did not have a physical resurrection and the Holy Spirit is an impersonal force.

Christadelphians
Founded By: Dr. John Thomas, 1864.
Christadelphians believe God is one indivisible unity, not three distinct persons existing in one God. They deny the divinity of Jesus, believing he is fully human and separate from God. They do not believe the Holy Spirit is the third person of the trinity, but simply a force—the "unseen power from God.

Oneness Pentecostals
Founded By: Frank Ewart, 1913.
Oneness Pentecostals believe that there is one God and God is one. Throughout time God manifested himself in three ways or "forms" (not persons), as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Oneness Pentecostals take issue with the Trinity doctrine chiefly for its use of the term "person." They believe God cannot be three distinct persons, but only one being who has revealed himself in three different modes. It is important to note that Oneness Pentecostals do affirm the deity of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

Unification Church
Founded By: Sun Myung Moon, 1954.
Unification adherents believe that God is positive and negative, male and female. The universe is God's body, made by him. Jesus was not God, but a man. He did not experience a physical resurrection. In fact, his mission on earth failed and will be fulfilled through Sun Myung Moon, who is greater than Jesus. The Holy Spirit is feminine in nature. She collaborates with Jesus in the spirit realm to draw people to Sun Myung Moon.

Unity School of Christianity
Founded By: Charles and Myrtle Fillmore, 1889.
Similar to Christian Science, Unity adherents believe God is an unseen, impersonal principle, not a person. God is a force within everyone and everything. Jesus was only a man, not the Christ. He simply realized his spiritual identity as the Christ by practicing his potential for perfection. This is something all men can achieve. Jesus did not
resurrect from the dead, but rather, he reincarnated. The Holy Spirit is the active expression of God's law. Only the spirit part of us is real, matter is not real.

Scientology
Founded By: L. Ron Hubbard, 1954.
Scientology defines God as Dynamic Infinity. Jesus is not God, Savior or Creator, nor does he have control of supernatural powers. He is usually overlooked in Dianetics. The Holy Spirit is absent from this belief system as well. Men are "thetan" - immortal, spiritual beings with limitless capabilities and powers, though often they are unaware of this potential. Scientology teaches men how to achieve "higher states of awareness and ability" through practicing Dianetics.

New Age Religion

And of course the New Age movement; which may be combined with any or all of the above, due to the nature of their "Organisation".