Have an addiction to MacDonald's? You are like me!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So this is intended as a thread in which to share the burden of being addicted to McDonald's, but also to brainstorm ways of beating the addiction.

Off the top of my head, it might help to meditate on MacDonald's food, as if it is decaying and dying - that is a Tibetan Buddhist trick, to kick over-eating in general.

Also, there is prayer: I have asked my faithful Mum a couple of times, to pray that my addiction would go away.

Part of it, is just staying clear (from McDonalds') altogether, not going in for a pancake or a piece of cheesecake.

What is your experience? There are some people, that eat it every day without fail - I don't envy them!

In my life, I haven't really eaten that much, it is just that I had a craving for it from a very early age and I reached the point where I realised "Hey, I really don't have self-control in this area of my life".

Tell me what you think? Would Jesus eat McDonald's?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not if he was in the U.K. ……….the Size of the burgers ect wouldn’t satisfy anyone. I do understand why children like it though and I have had a few meals with My daughter and grand daughter. I guess as children it becomes a comfort food if you went there as a treat ect, so as an adult it can be something you are drawn to ……..food in general does that anyway.
I am like that with Costa coffee ……

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe if you knew the trash that you're ingesting when you eat McDonald's and most other fast foods, and what it does to the body ....it would help you not even want to put it in your body. Also, try looking on YouTube for healthy knockoffs that you can cook at home.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before they built the Starbucks a block away, I used to stop in at the McCafe for coffee on the way to work. They actually do have decent coffee and specialty drinks like lattes.

I've transferred that addiction to Starbucks, but I try to limit it to one visit per week.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
McDonalds is good "safe" place to eat when we're on a long road trip. There's usually at least one in every town. Sadly, since we don't have much family left within driving distance, we haven't been on a road trip in years.

Now, much as I love Japanese food, when I went to Japan for an extended business trip, that Mickey D's in the Tokyo train station was a welcome sight! I think the fries were fried in fish oil (they tasted fishy), but I didn't care. A Big Mac is a Big Mac!

Speaking of having a jones for American fast food... I was wandering around Seoul on a Sunday afternoon and ran across a Burger King, and I just had to get some American food. (My GI tract had rebelled at the bright-red kimchi soup I'd had the previous evening.) They had a picture menu above the counter, and I wanted a number eight, but I didn't know the Korean word for "eight", so I had to order a sam (number three). Afterwards, I said to myself, "Stupid American! Why didn't you just hold up eight fingers?" It didn't matter; when you're a stranger in a strange land, a tastes just a good as a .

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before they built the Starbucks a block away, I used to stop in at the McCafe for coffee on the way to work. They actually do have decent coffee and specialty drinks like lattes.

I've transferred that addiction to Starbucks, but I try to limit it to one visit per week
I buy/get..Starbucks Coffee (ground)..from the grocery store.
- 'Pike Place Roast'..my favorite.
- Also, Starbucks Instant coffee.

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife gets the Starbucks' Keurig cups, which I can use at home or at work (I have a Keurig in the lab; Housekeeping doesn't want to clean up spilled coffee grounds). When I go to Starbucks in person, it's for the specialty drinks. This month it's Pistachio Latte. Oh, and a double-chocolate brownie.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to just love a good McDonalds quarter pounder. Wow long time since I ate one. Perhaps I'll go pick one up later. But I switched to Jack in the Box as it is healthier food there. You can get the real meat burgers and such without the soy meat. The fries are less saturated in oil too. Love the fries with Ranch dressing. Super good.

Also love Panda Express and their mushroom chicken. Super good eats. We also have a Teriyaki shop nearby which is way more healthier for you. You could get like two meals for $10. Cheap at that shop and tasty.

Anyways, just some ideas you could try other places.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what I used to get when I drank real coffee. Now I just drink instant to save on money. The Pike Place Roast is the best. Seattle here where I live has a Pike Place Market so it tastes like home roast to me. Super good coffee.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me what you think?

“…all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.” (1 Corinthians 6:12)

Would Jesus eat MacDonald's?

Yes, he would. He would use the opportunity to preach the gospel.

if you knew the trash that you're ingesting when you eat McDonald's and most other fast foods, and what it does to the body ...

“…whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.” (1 Corinthians 10:27)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a lot of other places better than McDonald's.

Don’t know what most fast-food operations advertise, but have heard McDonald’s advertise 100% beef, which means they only use cow meat for their burgers. What part of the cow? TRIMMINGS from any parts of the cow that is cut and packaged and sold as meat. Might want to have a look at what butchers cut and sell as cow meat.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So this is intended as a thread in which to share the burden of being addicted to MacDonald's, but also to brainstorm ways of beating the addiction.

Off the top of my head, it might help to meditate on MacDonald's food, as if it is decaying and dying - that is a Tibetan Buddhist trick, to kick over-eating in general.

Also, there is prayer: I have asked my faithful Mum a couple of times, to pray that my addiction would go away.

Part of it, is just staying clear (from MacDonalds') altogether, not going in for a pancake or a piece of cheesecake.

What is your experience? There are some people, that eat it every day without fail - I don't envy them!

In my life, I haven't really eaten that much, it is just that I had a craving for it from a very early age and I reached the point where I realised "Hey, I really don't have self-control in this area of my life".

Tell me what you think? Would Jesus eat MacDonald's?

MacDonald's is very unhealthy food. Buy some organic beef, some quality bread and cook your own for 25% of the cost. I like mine medium, little ponk and juicy on the inside. Most fast food restautants cook them well done.
Home made fries are better too - made with clean, fresh, quality oil. They burn that oil all day - who knows how often they change it? It 100% beef but low quality. It is injected with antibiotics and hormones thay pass down to us and screw up our digestive tract AND cause us to gain weight. The older I get, the less I desire to eat out anywhere and the more I am concerned about health.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So this is intended as a thread in which to share the burden of being addicted to MacDonald's, but also to brainstorm ways of beating the addiction.
Just go and ask someone from an impoverished country if they eat every day at McDonalds

Haggai 1
6 Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes.

Just realize the level of shameful decadence we live in the west and how there are people who are happy if they just have bread once every few days.

Reactions: Wrangler

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“…whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.” (1 Corinthians 10:27)
This is way out if context. lol
That verse is not telling us to go to McDonald's to eat. lol
IF someone wanted to pay for your meal and God was leading, I could see it ... maybe. But even then, that's not likely to happen since someone wanting to bless you will ask where you want to eat. Are you then going to say, "Take me to McDonald's"? lol

That is a really bad application for that scripture. In context, it is speaking of eating what is sat before you when a meal is being prepared while you're a guest in someone's home. Going to McDonald's is a choice. Eating their food is a very bad and unwise choice.

Reactions: amigo de christo

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a lot of other places better than McDonald's.
I agree. McDonald's isn't food. I don't trust most restaurants, especially fast food. McDonald's was actually in the news several years ago after human flesh was found in the freezers of several of their restaurants. Aside from that ....there are so many preservatives in it, even bugs won't eat it.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. McDonald's isn't food. I don't trust most restaurants, especially fast food. McDonald's was actually in the news several years ago after human flesh was found in the freezers of several of their restaurants. Aside from that ....there are so many preservatives in it, even bugs won't eat it.
That is nasty my dear sister .