Have I grieved/quenched the Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Cheer up. I have been like that before. There is definitely an escape. This happens so that we would draw closer to God. Are you reading your bible? I know your heart is broken because of this and have you read that the Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit?
Nah. If you had been through what I have you would agree with me that it was sadistic cruelty that has only driven me away from God. As for being close to the broken hearted, he allowed Satan to attack me instead and left me unhealed. I am never laying down my life for anyone again if that’s what happens

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I don’t have time to wait 25 years for healing from the supernatural stuff. I was perfectly fine before it happened and it’s much like expecting a bully who keeps punching you in the face to one day change his mind and give you an expensive Botox
I hear you! I know that if with a humble heart you honestly seek from God that which you need, He is our loving Creator, and He knows and does what is best for us.

Are you a regular Bible reader?

Much love!

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Four questions I would like an answer from the Holy Spirit (and if you don’t want to ask the Holy Spirit or want to post something else please don’t bother)

How exactly are things like supernatural death threats “what is best for us”

What was the point of putting me through all the supernatural stuff

Did I blaspheme the Holy Spirit

Am I ever going to get healed and if not why

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Nah. If you had been through what I have you would agree with me that it was sadistic cruelty that has only driven me away from God. As for being close to the broken hearted, he allowed Satan to attack me instead and left me unhealed. I am never laying down my life for anyone again if that’s what happens

Four questions I would like an answer from the Holy Spirit (and if you don’t want to ask the Holy Spirit or want to post something else please don’t bother)

How exactly are things like supernatural death threats “what is best for us”

What was the point of putting me through all the supernatural stuff

Did I blaspheme the Holy Spirit

Am I ever going to get healed and if not why
Did you blaspheme? No. As I said, I experienced this, we can even talk about the whole story of how Jesus healed me. I'd love to share with you if you want to.

Are you going to be healed? Absolutely yes, if you would only let God. However, I'm not sure if you are angry with God because of unanswered prayer, but I want to remind you that God encourges us to wait because he is God and waiting is a way of humbling ourselves. Getting angry is pride and will absolutely hinder your healing. Just think like, would a patient be angry at the doctor who heals freely?

God said blessed are those who wait for the Lord. He does not afflict willingly. Only believe and wait.

Lamentations 3:31-36 KJV
For the Lord will not cast off for ever: [32] But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies. [33] For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men. [34] To crush under his feet all the prisoners of the earth, [35] To turn aside the right of a man before the face of the most High, [36] To subvert a man in his cause, the Lord approveth not.

For questions 1 and 2, could you explain a little bit more?

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Still waiting for an answer from the Holy Spirit

Incidentally a doctor who deliberately hurts a patient and then refuses to heal them would be struck off

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines

Incidentally a doctor who deliberately hurts a patient and then refuses to heal them would be struck off
I assure you that you will not get an answer except you humble yourself. Have you heard the story of Naaman? How he was angry when he didn't get what he expected when he wanted to be healed? But when he humbled himself and did the strange but simple thing that Elisha commanded him to do, he was healed immediately. The same way God wants us to wait and not be demanding.

I believe one reason you are experiencing the torment is to deal with your pride. God wants you to bear fruit. When he wants his children to grow he purges them. Purging is painful but in the end you will bear fruit. Don't fight with God, only he can save you. The devil is feeding you with lies that God is bad and doesn't want to help you. You will believe the lies if you don't read the bible and know the truth.

Satan is telling you that God doesn't want you to be saved whereas God said he does not want anyone to perish.

2 Kings 5:1,9-14 KJV
Now Naaman, captain of the host of the king of Syria, was a great man with his master, and honourable, because by him the Lord had given deliverance unto Syria: he was also a mighty man in valour, but he was a leper.
[9] So Naaman came with his horses and with his chariot, and stood at the door of the house of Elisha.
[10] And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean.
[11] But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the Lord his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.
[12] Are not Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? may I not wash in them, and be clean? So he turned and went away in a rage.
[13] And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it ? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean?
[14] Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You know, it would be easier and the Christian thing to do to just ask the Holy Spirit instead of lecturing people, especially when you haven’t the slightest idea what they have been through

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines

Would you consider Job as well? I know you are suffering so I'm sure reading Job would give you comfort and hope about your trial.

Job 2:3-10 KJV
And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause. [4] And Satan answered the Lord, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life. [5] But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face. [6] And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life. [7] So went Satan forth from the presence of the Lord, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown. [8] And he took him a potsherd to scrape himself withal; and he sat down among the ashes. [9] Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die. [10] But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
You know, it would be easier and the Christian thing to do to just ask the Holy Spirit instead of lecturing people, especially when you haven’t the slightest idea what they have been through
Am I not telling you what the Holy Spirit says? Am I not quoting you the words of God? The Word is the Spirit. So I'm giving you the answer of the Holy Spirit is to humble yourself before God.

Ephesians 6:17 KJV
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Hebrews 3:7-13 KJV
Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
8] Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9] When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
[10] Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
11] So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
[12] Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
[13] But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
May I ask how you expect the Holy Spirit to answer you? I'm not sure if you want to hear a literal voice or something.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You know, if I had the Holy Spirit and you were the one asking me those questions, I would ask him and give you the answer. Not my own opinion

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
You know, if I had the Holy Spirit and you were the one asking me those questions, I would ask him and give you the answer. Not my own opinion
Yes, I don't give you my own opinion. I tell you what is written in the bible.
John 6:63 KJV
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

It is not a literal voice. The answer is in the bible. You ask and we find answers in the bible. If you don't know the answer, we help you by referring to the bible and not with our own words.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In other words you don’t want to ask the Holy Spirit and instead would rather post verses that, with all due respect, have absolutely nothing to do with what I went through

I suggest you don’t waste our mutual time

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Satan is continually probing and sifting the minds of every human on earth looking for weak spots which he can exploit to make us unhappy.
Christians know when he's doing it and can therefore simply ignore him..:)

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think I’d rather have my healing

Incidentally it’s extremely hard to ignore death threats, being told you’re going to hell, and that you blasphemed the Holy Spirit. Where if you believe it you’re gullible for believing lies and if you don’t believe it you’re in trouble for ignoring God

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello

During the coronavirus lockdown I decided to convert to Christianity and since the churches were all closed I decided to self baptise

I was immediately “sifted” by Satan and subjected to all sorts of things in my head. I was a smoker previously and made me smoke even more

So have I grieved/quenched the Holy Spirit and if so what should I do? I recently quit smoking but it doesn’t seem to have made any difference

Christianity is for life.

Start to think in terms of the good life (three score years and ten (70 years) - according to Solomon).

What kind of things can you pray, that will have an effect for the rest of your life, up to the good life to come?

You could pray for family to come to know the Lord, you could pray for someone to ask you about God, you could volunteer with the Church, etc.

The point is, the Holy Spirit has tonnes of things to say about Jesus, you need to exercise your faith and do some thing about some of them.

Wait for the Holy Spirit, He'll tell you!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Been waiting for months and nothing
Yes, but listen to what I am saying "you probably have decades".

You don't think the Holy Spirit can use you, if you commit to something of this timescale?

If I am wrong, what do you lose? That you were motivated for a time, and then the end came?

You are never going to feel great about your sin, the point is to let the Holy Spirit lead you beyond that.

What do you have in your life, that is distracting you? At some point you won't just "not like it" you will 'hate' it?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.- Philippians 3:14

Spiritual battles? Good sign it is God working his way into the heart! I would continue to press my way in! I would recommend one saturating his way in with the Smith Wigglesworth teachings until one has arrived!

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, but listen to what I am saying "you probably have decades".

You don't think the Holy Spirit can use you, if you commit to something of this timescale?

If I am wrong, what do you lose? That you were motivated for a time, and then the end came?

You are never going to feel great about your sin, the point is to let the Holy Spirit lead you beyond that.

What do you have in your life, that is distracting you? At some point you won't just "not like it" you will 'hate' it?
Decades of asking for healing and not getting it, when I was perfectly fine before the supernatural stuff I mentioned?

What’s going on in my life is the days are being sped up (I’m 41 and older people I used to know in my 20s definitely had more time in their 50s and 60s than I do now)

In any case, and I don’t say this to brag, what is there after you have been attacked/sifted by Satan himself. Is it a case of I’ve reached the top and had to stop and that’s what bothering me???