Have you been to any church ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Amira

Dec 18, 2007
(Thunder1;39935)
Amira, is Moominpappa created by Swedish ?
The Moomins were created by a Swedish speaking Finn. They have been translated into English, too (although I have not read the translated versions, so I don't know about the quality of the translation). They are some of my favourite books.
smile.gif

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Amira;39941)
The Moomins were created by a Swedish speaking Finn. They have been translated into English, too (although I have not read the translated versions, so I don't know about the quality of the translation). They are some of my favourite books.
smile.gif

how funny, I'm a Finn.

Amira

Dec 18, 2007
(Thunder1;39943)
how funny, I'm a Finn.
Really? That's interesting. Were you born in Finland or is your family from there? Do you live there (or have you lived there) or have you visited? Can you speak Finnish? Sorry if I'm too nosy.
smile.gif

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Amira;39945)
Really? That's interesting. Were you born in Finland or is your family from there? Do you live there (or have you lived there) or have you visited? Can you speak Finnish? Sorry if I'm too nosy.
smile.gif

I was born in Finland and all my family is over there except my husband. His family is over there too. We speak Finnish at home or should I say mixture of Finnish and English = Finglish. I visited in Finland in last August to see my family. It's a long trip.

Amira

Dec 18, 2007
(Thunder1;40009)
I was born in Finland and all my family is over there except my husband. His family is over there too. We speak Finnish at home or should I say mixture of Finnish and English = Finglish. I visited in Finland in last August to see my family. It's a long trip.
Oh, that is very interesting. I have lived in Finland, too, and I can speak Finnish.
smile.gif
It's a small world.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Amira;40171)
Oh, that is very interesting. I have lived in Finland, too, and I can speak Finnish.
smile.gif
It's a small world.
Moominpappa books are childrens' books, yeah . 'kokkoonko koko kokon kokkoon?'

Amira

Dec 18, 2007
Yes, Moomin books are children's books, but I think they are suitable for adults, too.
smile.gif
I read them quite recently again.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Amira;40675)
Yes, Moomin books are children's books, but I think they are suitable for adults, too.
smile.gif
I read them quite recently again.
Did you understand that part: Kokkoonko koko kokon kokkoon? It's Finnish.

Amira

Dec 18, 2007
Thunder1: Oh yes, I remember the Kokko... Although the one I've heard is a little different version though. Kokko, kokoo koko kokko? Koko kokkoko? Koko kokko. Oh, that's a tongue twister!
smile.gif
I remember trying to learn it and repeating it over and over. I don't think I will ever forget it though.

Remagoen

Feb 20, 2008
I've been to church many times when I was a kid, with less and less times as I became an adult. As the religious part of my family found out I was an atheist, they all but forced me to come with them to several churches. With the exception of when I was a kid (wasn't paying attention), all I felt were people who were praying to a ceiling, high on endorphins (sp?) released in their brains.