Have you fasted before?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poppin

Jan 16, 2014
jesusfreak0829 said:
Hey all. I want to bring you a question that has been on my heart lately. Fasting. Have you ever done a fast, and if so, how long did you do it for and what were your results?

I've only been able to complete a 2 day fast so far. I'm planning to do another one soon. I just wanted some testimonies of those who have fasted.
hello. i fasted once, for 3 weeks. but it wasn`t planned by me. i was called to do it. i can explain another time what that was like, and why i was called by the Lord to do it.
i ate only twice a day, nothing more than a handful of nuts and berries, a small piece of bread with just water. for 3 weeks.
it was the greatest time of prayer and communion and learning i have ever had in my christian life. but i didnt set out to do it. i`m not sure i could again, not without the Spirit doing it with and for me. but it was so very beneficial in every way. perhaps i will pray He call me and help me to fast again.

God bless you!

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
laid renard said:
I eat fast, does that count ?
:D :D
jesusfreak0829 said:
Hey all. I want to bring you a question that has been on my heart lately. Fasting. Have you ever done a fast, and if so, how long did you do it for and what were your results?

I've only been able to complete a 2 day fast so far. I'm planning to do another one soon. I just wanted some testimonies of those who have fasted.
When I was younger I wanted healing. It never came from prayer so I decided to fast. I attempted a 5 day fast, only managed 1 day. I then attempted a 3 day fast, only managed 1 day. I then attempted a 1 day fast, only managed to bypass breakfast and lunch. I ended up feeling worse. Like I let God down. But now I know better. God looks down at us trying and smiles. He sees our heart in everything we do. All I had to do was judge myself truthfully 1 Cor 11:31 then God would hear my prayer. Every prayer request has TWO conditions. 1. That we be worshippers of God (John 9:31) and 2. That it be His will. We all fast for the latter. Either to convince God to change His mind or to find His will. As Christians who have entered into a close relationship with God / now know Him as Father, fasting should be a last resort after prayer and bible study. As fasting imho tends to reek of 'religion'.