Having some Joy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

James the less

Nov 21, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
People read Luke 15 and see it all about the lost being saved, and it just might be that is the correct way to see this chapter.

I am not so sure, you see Jesus was talking to the outcast of society those who knew they were not the beautiful people of their day.

What I see is Joy, Rejoicing, being Glad and knowing HOW to make Merry.
If there is so much rejoicing in heaven over one sinner how come us sinners find it so hard to rejoice over our salvation. It talks in the bible of making merry, killing the fatted calf, well you first need to have a fatted calf. That's like stocking your cupboard with loads of good food for the first opportunity to get it all out and have a party, looking for an occasion to sing and dance.

We talk so much about the love of Jesus. Jesus did what he did for the Joy set before him, can I enter that "joy of the Lord" do I know how to.

When we speak of his joy it always seems to be a deep Holy Joy it is never seen as a get down and get with it joy.

They said "Jesus was a glutton and a wine bidder", rather makes me think Jesus knew how to have a good time, something I do not know a lot about because I am far to busy being a Good Christian albeit with little outward joy for anyone to see.

James

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
James the less said:
People read Luke 15 and see it all about the lost being saved, and it just might be that is the correct way to see this chapter.

I am not so sure, you see Jesus was talking to the outcast of society those who knew they were not the beautiful people of their day.

What I see is Joy, Rejoicing, being Glad and knowing HOW to make Merry.
If there is so much rejoicing in heaven over one sinner how come us sinners find it so hard to rejoice over our salvation. It talks in the bible of making merry, killing the fatted calf, well you first need to have a fatted calf. That's like stocking your cupboard with loads of good food for the first opportunity to get it all out and have a party, looking for an occasion to sing and dance.

We talk so much about the love of Jesus. Jesus did what he did for the Joy set before him, can I enter that "joy of the Lord" do I know how to.

When we speak of his joy it always seems to be a deep Holy Joy it is never seen as a get down and get with it joy.

They said "Jesus was a glutton and a wine bidder", rather makes me think Jesus knew how to have a good time, something I do not know a lot about because I am far to busy being a Good Christian albeit with little outward joy for anyone to see.

James
Greetings,
I understand what you mean about where is the joy when it seems we must watch our every step for the ungodly are awaiting for us to stumble to blame us. But I find the joy of the Lord in my home because I keep my home as a place for God's presence. Jesus said in the world you will have troubles so we can expect that from men who don't know God's joy found by receiving His Word to live by.
I have such peace, and plenty to eat total comfort not so much a lot of money but God owns the entire earth and all that is in it and can give us much prosperity as well and as long as we have learned that money is not so much for us to lavish upon ourselves, it is to meet all of our needs and enough to spread around in giving to others. The joy comes when you really begin to understand that when we put our trust in God He is always going to protect you and provide ways where there seems to be no way for every situtation that we may encounter in our love walk. To love others does not mean to give them everything they want. To show true love means saying no sometimes to spare them from danger down the road. Cause no man harm.That is the purpose of the Bible, the Word reveals to us the Father and how He desires His children to behave and when we learn how to walk in the Word.. Blessings begin to come in all shapes and sizes and in all areas of our life. Psalm 23 tells us alot about the type of life a believer can look forward to when he remains in Christ.
God is a party person, yet most parties now days are aimed at the celebration of a person, a job promotion, or drunkeness. My kind of party would be to celebrate God ALWAYS and everytime for we would have nothing or no one in this world if it were not for God's goodness towards us. But no one seems to want to have a Feast to God anymore. But one day the people of God will celebrate with joy in Feasts for the LORD again.. some day soon.
Blessings