He Comes Down To Fight...for Us!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Isaiah 31:4-5 For thus hath the LORD spoken unto me, "Like as the lion and the young lion roaring on his prey, when a multitude of shepherds is called forth against him, he will not be afraid of their voice, nor abase himself for the noise of them: so shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion, and for the hill thereof. As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also He will deliver it; and passing over He will preserve it."

Those are two fascinating verses. The Lord spoke to Isaiah telling him (and us) that the lion stalking children of God, wanting to spiritually rip them to pieces.... will not fear the voices of His shepherds...we are His shepherds that He has called forth against him.

We, as His shepherds, have been given power over serpents and scorpions but there is one we are given special instructions about....

Matthew 17:21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.​

Even Michael is an example on "this kind."

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

So we are told before the event that this will happen. Satan will not fear us but we have....the Lord! The Lord Himself will come down to fight. Spiritually we, His children, are His Jerusalem. If we are the man child, the very elect then we are also His mount Zion. How does He do this? How does He fight for us.....as birds flying. :huh:

What does that mean?

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Hello whirlwind,

You stated: What does that mean?

My response: I agree that most scripture has a spiritual application. However, there are passages which have literal applications which many overlook. This is one of these passages which are literal. Literally, at Chris's advent: "shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion, and for the hill thereof. As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also He will deliver it; and passing over He will preserve it."

Isaiah 31:4-5 For thus hath the LORD spoken unto me, "Like as the lion and the young lion roaring on his prey, when a multitude of shepherds is called forth against him, he will not be afraid of their voice, nor abase himself for the noise of them: so shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion, and for the hill thereof. As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also He will deliver it; and passing over He will preserve it."

This is confirmed be Zechariah 14: 3 Then the LORD will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights in the day of battle. 4 On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south. 5 You will flee by my mountain valley, for it will extend to Azel. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.

This is also confirmed by Joel 2: 32 And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the LORD has said, among the survivors whom the LORD calls.

In order for Christ to fight and protect these survivors, they must first get there on there own, from the beginning of the GT.
Guy

SoldierforChrist

Sep 21, 2008
This is not simply a spiritual meaning Whirlwind. God will fight physically on earth for his people in the battle of Armageddon(when he returns). All of the nations will rise up against Israel and God will split the Mount of Olives making a valley that is 1600 furlongs(181 miles) long that all of the nations will march into. God will then come down form heaven on white horses and slay them all. He will "tread them under his feet as a wine press". The blood will be so deep in the valley that it will come up to the "horses bridle"(about 4 feet deep).

These verses tell all about it!

Zechariah 14:1-21
Revelation 19:11-21
Revelation 14:20
Ezekiel 39:1-29