He completed it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
(lastsecman;61632)
That is Christ
Amen! Wonderful. Best thing I've read in a long time. Wow! The "theological dissertation" and "hermenuetics" were excellent! God bless.
smile.gif

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
(waquinas;61756)
"It is finished."!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amen. We enter in to the "Rest" of a "finished work". Hebrews 4:3

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(3rddaymessenger;61761)
(waquinas;61756)
"It is finished."!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amen. We enter in to the "Rest" of a "finished work". Hebrews 4:3Yes it's finished, but not the prophecies to come.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(Jordan;61764)
Yes it's finished, but not the prophecies to come.
You are right Jordan. Taking a passage like "it is finished" to wrest that into believing everything is done is the same thing as claiming all the promises to Israel were fulfilled because of the passage:And, behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth: and ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof. (Joshua 23:14)I actually had people claim all of the promises to Israel (like Genesis 35:11) were fulfilled because God's Word here says so. No this passage does not say that. It meant everything God said He'd do for their situation, time in history and dispensation. Proof of what I say is that Messiah did not come yet in Joshua's time. But that promise was included in the Covenant to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.The problem Jesus had with the religious leaders of the day was not their adamant belief in the Covenant given to their fathers. Jesus agreed with them. The problem he had was regarding the manner they kept their Law by the flesh and traditions of men and were thus blinded.They quote scripture up and down and sideways and yet are too blind to see the spiritual meaning behind it all.There are many covenants in the Bible. All are in effect yet. The only two that distinguish the OT from the NT is the Mosaic v.s. the New Covenant.An example of an enduring covenant is the Davidic Covenant. God's Word demands that a descendant of King David's would reign on this earthly throne "until Shiloh comes" and to Him would the gathering of the people be. Shiloh did not come yet, as there is no obedience to a portion of the Israelites (i.e. the Jews) and the rest of the house of Israel must have a Davidic King on this earth, that is, until Jesus comes to take the throne in Jerusalem where it will be moved to again.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(tim_from_pa;61769)
(Jordan;61764)
Yes it's finished, but not the prophecies to come.
You are right Jordan. Taking a passage like "it is finished" to wrest that into believing everything is done is the same thing as claiming all the promises to Israel were fulfilled because of the passage:And, behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth: and ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof. (Joshua 23:14)I actually had people claim all of the promises to Israel (like Genesis 35:11) were fulfilled because God's Word here says so. No this passage does not say that. It meant everything God said He'd do for their situation, time in history and dispensation. Proof of what I say is that Messiah did not come yet in Joshua's time. But that promise was included in the Covenant to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.The problem Jesus had with the religious leaders of the day was not their adamant belief in the Covenant given to their fathers. Jesus agreed with them. The problem he had was regarding the manner they kept their Law by the flesh and traditions of men and were thus blinded.They quote scripture up and down and sideways and yet are too blind to see the spiritual meaning behind it all.There are many covenants in the Bible. All are in effect yet. The only two that distinguish the OT from the NT is the Mosaic v.s. the New Covenant.An example of an enduring covenant is the Davidic Covenant. God's Word demands that a descendant of King David's would reign on this earthly throne "until Shiloh comes" and to Him would the gathering of the people be. Shiloh did not come yet, as there is no obedience to a portion of the Israelites (i.e. the Jews) and the rest of the house of Israel must have a Davidic King on this earth, that is, until Jesus comes to take the throne in Jerusalem where it will be moved to again.Of course, even this basic statement such as what I'm about to make, they will disregard it. When Christ said he was the Root and offspring of David (Revelation 22:16), when also in numerous times being called son of David in the gospel by random people, did He become King yet? No! He was brutally killed by being crucified, so He still needs to be the King of kings and Lords of lords.

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
(Jordan;61777)
Of course, even this basic statement such as what I'm about to make, they will disregard it. When Christ said he was the Root and offspring of David (Revelation 22:16), when also in numerous times being called son of David in the gospel by random people, did He become King yet? No! He was brutally killed by being crucified, so He still needs to be the King of kings and Lords of lords.
Isn't it amazing (but not surprising) that the serpent seed crowd are still trying to seduce and defile the purity of God's Word. They can't just say "Amen" to declarations of Truth. They must twist, complicate and try to defile the Pure Seed before it births.But God is "on the scene" this time...in a people who won't be deceived by the serpent's beguiling filth. The MAN...the second many-membered Adam is in his proper place of leadership and oversight, protecting the foundations and commandments of God.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(3rddaymessenger;61828)
(Jordan;61777)
Of course, even this basic statement such as what I'm about to make, they will disregard it. When Christ said he was the Root and offspring of David (Revelation 22:16), when also in numerous times being called son of David in the gospel by random people, did He become King yet? No! He was brutally killed by being crucified, so He still needs to be the King of kings and Lords of lords.
Isn't it amazing (but not surprising) that the serpent seed crowd are still trying to seduce and defile the purity of God's Word. They can't just say "Amen" to declarations of Truth. They must twist, complicate and try to defile the Pure Seed before it births.But God is "on the scene" this time...in a people who won't be deceived by the serpent's beguiling filth. The MAN...the second many-membered Adam is in his proper place of leadership and oversight, protecting the foundations and commandments of God.Are you agreeing with me? Cause you have no idea what I'm trying to say and it's not what you think either.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 2:14-18
What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.
Matthew 5:17-18
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Our sins are forgiven only when we ask for forgiveness. Our Lord and Savior has yet to return in White in all of His glory where every knee shall bow. The time is at hand, and it's time to put on the armor of righteousness and go out and work.What is written in the Word is everything, not the Words of man. You can proclaim "Lord, Lord" all you want, but some will be turned away? Will it be you? That's between you and God and no judgment I will dare make, but I do take issues with these threads because we all like to seem to sit around and revel in some basic statement, but love to throw out the meat of the Word because it's hard or we don't like it.All is not over, and we, as the faithful servants - Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21 - still have work to do.Isaiah 61:1-2
The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
Luke 4:17-21
And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.
Do you folks understand the message there? Notice where Yeshua the Christ stopped reading - for it was for a very important reason. The Day of Vengeance comes, all Scripture is not fulfilled. Christ has won the victory, but Satan still works, sheep are still lost.

jonnycool

Oct 25, 2008
...did He become King yet? No!
Jordan, Jesus Christ was Sovereign yesterday and is today and will be forever, how can you say He was not?john.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(jonnycool;61833)
(Jordan;61777)
...did He become King yet? No!...
Jordan, Jesus Christ was Sovereign yesterday and is today and will be forever, how can you say He was not?john.When was He King ever in His life as a human?

jonnycool

Oct 25, 2008
Hello Jordan, nice to meet you.
When was He King ever in His life as a human?
Becoming a Man did not affect His Status as King of Kings and Lord God Almighty.DA 4:35 All the peoples of the earth are regarded as nothing. He does as he pleases with the powers of heaven and the peoples of the earth. No one can hold back his hand or say to him: "What have you done?"john.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(Jordan;61834)
I understand you, Jordan. You are saying what I am. In proper terms, we say that Jesus did not take the throne of David yet. Another presently sits on it (see my genealogy link in my signature).Jesus sits at the right hand of God the Father at present time. God always had that throne and is not the throne of David. The throne of David is the earthly throne paralleling God's throne. It does belong to the Lord, but He entrusts another to sit on it until he takes it. The Kingdom is not yet restored to Israel, i.e. in the land promised to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.But in the meantime, the monarchy exists and the people of Israel exist.I say this emphatically:David's seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun. It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven.I'm saying that this means that as long as there is a sun and moon, that a seed of David is reigning on this earthly throne.

jonnycool

Oct 25, 2008
Hello tim.Who sits on the throne of David? for dominion belongs to the LORD and he rules over the nations. Ps 22:28.john.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(tim_from_pa;61839)
(Jordan;61834)
I understand you, Jordan. You are saying what I am. In proper terms, we say that Jesus did not take the throne of David yet. Another presently sits on it (see my genealogy link in my signature).Jesus sits at the right hand of God the Father at present time. God always had that throne and is not the throne of David. The throne of David is the earthly throne paralleling God's throne. It does belong to the Lord, but He entrusts another to sit on it until he takes it. The Kingdom is not yet restored to Israel, i.e. in the land promised to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.But in the meantime, the monarchy exists and the people of Israel exist.I say this emphatically:David's seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun. It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven.I'm saying that this means that as long as there is a sun and moon, that a seed of David is reigning on this earthly throne.Exactly, I agree. That is what I am saying as well... except I lack on my words but uses words that even a child could understand.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(jonnycool;61842)
Hello tim.Who sits on the throne of David? for dominion belongs to the LORD and he rules over the nations. Ps 22:28.john.
You ought to know that. You claim you are from the country that has it in possession.
biggrin.gif
I'm "British-Israelite" in my beliefs. I say that in quotes because I don't officially belong to that group, but I espouse a lot of their teachings.

jonnycool

Oct 25, 2008
Hello tim.Are you saying Jesus was not King of Kings when He lived in Israel as a Man? That is where the point is. God is Sovereign is He not?I am a part time van driver but that does not make me less royal, 1PE 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy."British-Israelite." I know very little about this, whatever it is, but I know not all of Israel are Israel but only those who trace their line through Isaac, all Christians can do that. All Christians are the true Israel, the shadow is finished with and will go the way of the world.What makes a Jew a Jew is not his family background but whether God chose one for salvation.Christians are the holy nation, the true Israel and none are lost.john.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Are you saying Jesus was not King of Kings when He lived in Israel as a Man? That is where the point is. God is Sovereign is He not?
No, not at all. He's been given a name above all names to which every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that He is Lord to the glory of God the Father.I am talking about the earthly throne of King David. He did not take that one yet until He returns again as clearly pointed out in Acts 1:6-7:When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.Notice Jesus did not confirm that it was restored there yet (in the land) but in its proper time it would be. He did not say He was reigning in heaven in lieu of David's throne. Now lest anyone else here put words in my mouth making me say something I did not, I did not say Jesus is not reigning from heaven. I'm talking about the earth in which Satan is the god of this world. However, this concept is important to understand since we are here on this earth, and the believer's ultimate purpose is to rule and reign with Christ here on this earth (until the millennium is over, then there are yet more plans in the making).Now, as for British-Israelism, I would not want you to get you caught up in a sect, per se, but rather the biblical truths they teach.It's ironic that an American here has to tell the British their heritage (I do so love the Brits). Your Queen has descended from King David and rules on his throne presently. Even our presidents all had royal lineage in them. God's word speaks about the line of Judah ruling over Israel.Now, to get a basic idea of what I am saying, click on the yellow "5 steps" box on this site at the bottom of the page: http://www.britishisrael.co.uk/old/In addition, I have uploaded "Judah's Scepter/Joseph's Birthright" in my signature links below (Bible and book download). This will take about a month to read assuming a chapter a day, but J. H. Allen gives an excellent overview of the tribes of Israel, biblical truth you do not hear taught today.

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
(Swamp Fox;61832)
James 2:14-18Matthew 5:17-18Our sins are forgiven only when we ask for forgiveness. Our Lord and Savior has yet to return in White in all of His glory where every knee shall bow. The time is at hand, and it's time to put on the armor of righteousness and go out and work.What is written in the Word is everything, not the Words of man. You can proclaim "Lord, Lord" all you want, but some will be turned away? Will it be you? That's between you and God and no judgment I will dare make, but I do take issues with these threads because we all like to seem to sit around and revel in some basic statement, but love to throw out the meat of the Word because it's hard or we don't like it.All is not over, and we, as the faithful servants - Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21 - still have work to do.Isaiah 61:1-2Luke 4:17-21Do you folks understand the message there? Notice where Yeshua the Christ stopped reading - for it was for a very important reason. The Day of Vengeance comes, all Scripture is not fulfilled. Christ has won the victory, but Satan still works, sheep are still lost.
When we agree with the fact that "it is finished" and say that "He completed it", we are agreeing with the Scriptures...for one thing, and declaring our faith in God who reigns supreme and will bring to pass every potential of His incorruptible Seed.The SEED IS PLANTED and the stage is SET. We rest in that. The Spirit of God EMPOWERS US IN THAT, and we shall be an integral part of the fulfillment of Christ's return. WE are the harvest of the "seed planted by the Son of man". The work is finished (Heb. 4:3)...and we are just seeing it "played out" in our lives by the prophetic anointing and power of God's Spirit.Others are going to be the fulfillment of the "seed of the wicked one", yes, even those who say "Lord, Lord..."What our brothers are declaring in this thread and in the one called, "Eternal Life is to the Predestinated", is the fact that all is fulfilled in Jesus Christ, the eternal security of the true believer and the sovereignty of God...to complete His objectives and redeem every "one which He came to seek and to save...losing none". (Speaking for myself mainly in these beliefs. Don't mean to put words in their mouths.)Yes, the day of vengeance is at hand...and God will be using the weapons of His indignation to accomplish this vengreance...His army of overcomers. Judging nations, sinners and angels. That judgment beginning in the house of God...here and now.

Status
Not open for further replies.