He Knows My Heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sunday 7-3-22 1st. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tammuz 3, 5782 13th. Summer Day

He Knows My Heart
odb20220703.jpg

Read: Isaiah 11:1–5 | Bible in a Year: Job 25–27; Acts 12
Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears. Isaiah 11:3

After a customer at a grocery store self-checkout station had completed her transaction, I made my way to the station and proceeded to scan my goods. Unexpectedly, a visibly angry person confronted me. I’d failed to notice that she was actually next in line for checkout. Recognizing my mistake, I sincerely said, “I’m sorry.” She replied (though not limited to these words), “No, you’re not!”

Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you were wrong, acknowledged it, and tried to make things right—only to be rebuffed? It doesn’t feel good to be misunderstood or misjudged, and the closer we are to those we offend or those who offend us, the more painful it is. How we wish they could see our hearts!

The prophet Isaiah’s snapshot in Isaiah 11:1–5 is that of a God-appointed ruler with wisdom for perfect judgment. “He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears; but with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth” (vv. 3–4).

This was fulfilled in the life and ministry of Jesus. Though in our sinfulness and weakness we don’t always get it right, we can take heart that the all-seeing, all-knowing God of heaven knows us fully and judges us rightly.

When have you been misunderstood or misjudged? How does it encourage you to know that God sees and knows you fully, even when others don’t?

Father, thank You for knowing everything about me. Please forgive me when I’m harsh in my judgments of others.

INSIGHT
Isaiah 11:1 says, “A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.” Jesse was the father of David, the shepherd who became Israel’s greatest king.

Therefore, the Branch of Jesse referred to one who would descend from David’s line to rule. The genealogy of Matthew 1 makes it clear that Jesus would be the Branch (see v. 1). The Jewish people saw their long-awaited Messiah as the Son of David—a phrase repeatedly used by people Christ encountered in the Gospels.

Most notably, we see this title given to Him during His triumphal entry into Jerusalem (21:9–11), as the people cried out to Him, “Hosanna” (Lord save us). Indeed, Jesus would in a very few days go to the cross for that very purpose.

By Arthur Jackson|July 3rd, 2022

Judging Isaiah Eleven:1-5

1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;

3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

Love, Walter and Debbie

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sunday 7-3-22 1st. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tammuz 3, 5782 13th. Summer Day

He Knows My Heart
odb20220703.jpg

Read: Isaiah 11:1–5 | Bible in a Year: Job 25–27; Acts 12
Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears. Isaiah 11:3

After a customer at a grocery store self-checkout station had completed her transaction, I made my way to the station and proceeded to scan my goods. Unexpectedly, a visibly angry person confronted me. I’d failed to notice that she was actually next in line for checkout. Recognizing my mistake, I sincerely said, “I’m sorry.” She replied (though not limited to these words), “No, you’re not!”

Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you were wrong, acknowledged it, and tried to make things right—only to be rebuffed? It doesn’t feel good to be misunderstood or misjudged, and the closer we are to those we offend or those who offend us, the more painful it is. How we wish they could see our hearts!

The prophet Isaiah’s snapshot in Isaiah 11:1–5 is that of a God-appointed ruler with wisdom for perfect judgment. “He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears; but with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth” (vv. 3–4).

This was fulfilled in the life and ministry of Jesus. Though in our sinfulness and weakness we don’t always get it right, we can take heart that the all-seeing, all-knowing God of heaven knows us fully and judges us rightly.

When have you been misunderstood or misjudged? How does it encourage you to know that God sees and knows you fully, even when others don’t?

Father, thank You for knowing everything about me. Please forgive me when I’m harsh in my judgments of others.

INSIGHT
Isaiah 11:1 says, “A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.” Jesse was the father of David, the shepherd who became Israel’s greatest king.

Therefore, the Branch of Jesse referred to one who would descend from David’s line to rule. The genealogy of Matthew 1 makes it clear that Jesus would be the Branch (see v. 1). The Jewish people saw their long-awaited Messiah as the Son of David—a phrase repeatedly used by people Christ encountered in the Gospels.

Most notably, we see this title given to Him during His triumphal entry into Jerusalem (21:9–11), as the people cried out to Him, “Hosanna” (Lord save us). Indeed, Jesus would in a very few days go to the cross for that very purpose.

By Arthur Jackson|July 3rd, 2022

Judging Isaiah Eleven:1-5

1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;

3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

Love, Walter and Debbie
Such a lovely thread that I can easily relate to, in a different way although judgment or prejudgment is definitely involved that can hurt either or both parties...

I have a niece who lost both of here parents, the last one in May this year. My wife and I want to help her improve her career in the nursing field by paying her way through this specialized school. She also works full time and has 3 kids in HS and one in the 3rd grade. Her time as well as her funds are very slim.

So recently I approached here with a proposition across the miles, that we would pay her nursing program if she would find time to at least attend school. of one course, once a semester. Yes she will have to spend several years to complete her study at that rate.

Now the subject of judgment. We really do not know this niece of ours too well although we want the best for her and your family. She is a single parent. I'm a go-getter and so is my wife. We have high expectations of ourselves and others. We expect proper and complete feedback, showing gratitude and care as appropriate and reciprocated, a key feature of our relationship.

Well the Fall semester is upon us, and I've already greased all the skids for my niece, so she knows the plan of action and the placement tests and courses to take. Eventhough she has repeatedly said she is very interested in this gift and opportunity to further her career with the promise of more pay she already has declines two visits to campus as she promised she said she would make to set up the Fall semester course. She said she will go again on the 11th. I'm now not so sure she is honest will herself let alone with us. I do not want to prejudge although I have already stamped her as 'loser' already and she will be missing out on an opportunity of a lifetime.

So now I resign myself with grudging patience and a don't care attitude on this subject. I'll still of course love her although I'm already disappointed with her. Maybe my expectations are set too high.

I know this is not exactly the story painted in the thread, although it is a form of re-judgment that I may regret and if I display any of it to my niece she may be very sad and hurt. I will keep it to my vest and I really do not want to prejudge just yet. There are still weeks to go. I will let My lord and the Father take the reigns on this one...

God indeed he knows my heart and my niece's as well. And I cannot know her heart now can I as she does not know mine either?

I just pray about this subject that all will work out in the end as it should..

Last edited: