He will not work

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see @Debp , you are the evil one here bc you've exposed one's sin.

Exhort; definition
strongly encourage or urge (someone) to do something.

Keep it up, expose those you find to be false among us !

Reactions: Debp

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This particular person is in a foreign country. He doesn't seem to have a regular church. He claims his extended family is in ministry.
Foreign countries often run internet scams. If they were a disabled person that might be different. But in my experience watch out for foreign countries, too many scammers come from other countries where the laws allow them to be internet predators.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hard hearted I suppose I'm called, but I cannot abide whiners or feel sorry for me ppl either.

They never give praise or encouragement to others, it's ALL about ME, ME, ME!
I often find myself feeling this way, but if we go too far in this direction, it can turn out that we are just as "me-centered" as we accuse them of being, and we can miss an opportunity to bless or help someone who is in no position to help us in return. In other words, we may misjudge someone of being selfish and me-centered when it's actually deep wounding that needs attention.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I often find myself feeling this way, but if we go too far in this direction, it can turn out that we are just as "me-centered" as we accuse them of being, and we can miss an opportunity to bless or help someone who is in no position to help us in return. In other words, we may misjudge someone of being selfish and me-centered when it's actually deep wounding that needs attention.

A wise observation. My experience of visiting the Indian sub-continent, but not as far south as where Mel lives, in Nepal, is that there are many financial needs and that I cannot always help them all. I have to let the Holy Spirit give me leading as to who I should help and who is trying to "scam" me for money. Many will use posts designed to pull on our heart strings to gain support for their dependency on others for monetary or "spiritual" security. The advice to teach a person to fish is far better than to give that person a fish to eat. I have invested in self-help programs by financing the purchases of goats to give to the poor in regional areas to supplement their incomes. I have also spoken into these programs giving wise counsel as to how they should administer the program so that the program can flourish, and the goats do not get inbreed. Some of these programs have involved raising chickens, pigs and sheep.

In helping out third world nationals, I believe that it is important for them to play an active part in the program and for them to pay forward the help that they have received.

I am reluctant to help those who will not also work at the solution to improve their circumstances.

I am also reluctant to pray for the outcomes that they request for me to pray for, as if my prayers are more effective than theirs. I am happy to pray for them as the Lord leads me, however when I have posted what I was praying for people, they have often rejected what the Lord has led me to pray and accused me of being disrespectful of them and preaching at them a "gospel" that they do not adhere too.

Now this post is not directed at any particular person. I am only recounting my experiences in praying for and/or helping others whether at home or abroad.

Shalom

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A wise observation. My experience of visiting the Indian sub-continent, but not as far south as where Mel lives, in Nepal, is that there are many financial needs and that I cannot always help them all. I have to let the Holy Spirit give me leading as to who I should help and who is trying to "scam" me for money. Many will use posts designed to pull on our heart strings to gain support for their dependency on others for monetary or "spiritual" security. The advice to teach a person to fish is far better than to give that person a fish to eat. I have invested in self-help programs by financing the purchases of goats to give to the poor in regional areas to supplement their incomes. I have also spoken into these programs giving wise counsel as to how they should administer the program so that the program can flourish, and the goats do not get inbreed. Some of these programs have involved raising chickens, pigs and sheep.

In helping out third world nationals, I believe that it is important for them to play an active part in the program and for them to pay forward the help that they have received.

I am reluctant to help those who will not also work at the solution to improve their circumstances.

I am also reluctant to pray for the outcomes that they request for me to pray for, as if my prayers are more effective than theirs. I am happy to pray for them as the Lord leads me, however when I have posted what I was praying for people, they have often rejected what the Lord has led me to pray and accused me of being disrespectful of them and preaching at them a "gospel" that they do not adhere too.

Now this post is not directed at any particular person. I am only recounting my experiences in praying for and/or helping others whether at home or abroad.

Shalom
Thank you for your reply.
a very dear friend has often said to me that love involves sacrifice. And that is very true. (That may or may not be relevant to the OP, but it comes to mind here while reading your post.)

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've known someone for several years at a couple of Christian forums. This person always thinks others should donate money to him. He has given sad stories for years and posts them at Christian forums regularly.

I talked with this person last year about getting a job to help them through hard times. But this person told me that they will not get a job.

I know what the Bible says about someone who will not provide for his own family.

1 Timothy 5:8
But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

I understand the above doesn't apply to disabled or ill people. But the person I talked to about finding a job was in good health at the time of the conversation. Others tried to reason with him about this as well.

Just wanting to express this as I can't understand this person's refusal to work....to support his family.
They could be lying.

I think if someone is openly admitting they are fit to work but refuse, and then ask others to send them money, that they're really not to be taken seriously.

Many forums I know of prohibit soliciting, for obvious reasons.
I wonder if they actually do receive monies using that tactic.

Reactions: Nancy and Debp

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They could be lying.

I think if someone is openly admitting they are fit to work but refuse, and then ask others to send them money, that they're really not to be taken seriously.

Many forums I know of prohibit soliciting, for obvious reasons.
I wonder if they actually do receive monies using that tactic.
Welcome to CB.

If it's a liar or a scammer both are sin and need repentance.

These use the prayer forums most often and rarely interact with believers of which they claim to be, except to present their dire sad story of problems and needs.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Limit your contact to people like this, to recommending they seek he.p from their church minister.
Do not give money to people you do not know through having meet them or who are recommended by people you know and trust who can confirm this case is genu.
Locate the Love Inc in your area to send people to. They coordinate with Churches for them to avoid wasting funds on people like him.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see @Debp , you are the evil one here bc you've exposed one's sin.

Exhort; definition
strongly encourage or urge (someone) to do something.

Keep it up, expose those you find to be false among us !

Thanks for recognizing that he didn't like my correction, so he then accused me of evil.

The Bible says...

Rebuke a wise man, and he will love you.
Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser;
Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
Proverbs 9:8-9

Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.
Galatians 6:1

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Debp, you can only point the way a person should go. If that person will not take your advice, pray that God will draw that person to Himself so that they are saved, and let God be God.

People are not blind and many show great compassion towards those who will not listen. God is listening for a humble person and waiting for them to repent of their sins.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Locate the Love Inc in your area to send people to. They coordinate with Churches for them to avoid wasting funds on people like him.

Christian Aid in Charlottesville, Virginia funnels money from the Western world to poor pastors, missionaries in third world countries.... including hundreds of ministries in India.

However, they thoroughly check out each ministry before taking them on for regular support. They require not only sound doctrine but also wise use of the finances given to the indigenous ministry.

If a third world country ministry is found lacking in the above, Christian Aid no longer offers financial support.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they were a disabled person that might be different.

I was in Indonesia years ago while in the travel field.

A local told me about a shop across the street where disabled people carved items. Then they sold the items in the shop to make an income. I wanted to buy something from them since they were trying to be self-sufficient, but the shop was already closed.

On the way to the shop, there were many trishaws (similar to a rickshaw). The local person told me those drivers slept in their trishaws (no homes). Also, they only made two dollars a day.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If hes able body, he must work. Disabled people get help from the government.
2 thessalonians chapter 3:10. . Dont enable someone who is lazy, able body and won't work.
If he starves, he will get job.
This is tough love.
Able body people must have jobs.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 thessalonians chapter 3:10. . Dont enable someone who is lazy, able body and won't work.
This is tough love.

I agree. If someone continually refuses to do any work to help themselves, when we give to them, it enables them to continue in their refusal to work.

"...nor did we eat anyone’s bread free of charge, but worked with labor and toil night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you, not because we do not have authority, but to make ourselves an example of how you should follow us.

For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat..."
2 Thessalonians 3:8-10

Reactions: Nancy and GTW27

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is tough love.
I'm a little cautious to accept this advice. You said able "bodied" people. I was part of a church when I became schizophrenic and lost my ability to function 9-5 at a job. I asked the church for help before turning to the government. They provided me one bag of groceries and then after that looked at my body and said "NO, There's nothing wrong with you". It wasn't my body that was disabled, it was my mind. And he couldn't discern that from looking at my body. I was bitter against that church after that seeing that I had paid over $25,000 in tithes when I was able to work. After that I turned to the government and they were setup to recognize my disability. They have been helping ever since.

Reactions: Nancy and Debp

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hard hearted I suppose I'm called, but I cannot abide whiners or feel sorry for me ppl either.

They never give praise or encouragement to others, it's ALL about ME, ME, ME!
IF any WILL NOT work neither should he eat . We cannot feed the slothfulness of man .
Those who CANNOT work , well that is another thing . But those who can and wont , WONT GET ONE DIME FROM ME .
We do not feed SIN . idleness and slothfulness and being dishonest IS SIN . IT WONT BE FED peroid .
We take care of those WHO NEED , not those who are lazy .

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a little cautious to accept this advice. You said able "bodied" people. I was part of a church when I became schizophrenic and lost my ability to function 9-5 at a job. I asked the church for help before turning to the government. They provided me one bag of groceries and then after that looked at my body and said "NO, There's nothing wrong with you". It wasn't my body that was disabled, it was my mind. And he couldn't discern that from looking at my body. I was bitter against that church after that seeing that I had paid over $25,000 in tithes when I was able to work. After that I turned to the government and they were setup to recognize my disability. They have been helping ever since.
Hello friend. Abel body person has no physical disabilities. And doesn't have mental disorders.
Those with mental disorders or physical disabilities, are disabled and the government has to help them.
Luke 14:12/14. People who were lame, blind or crippled came to Jesus for help. Jesus healed them.
Able body people are different story.
Deuteronomy 27:18. Not to mistreat a handicapped person.
Luke chapter 14:12 to 14. Jesus says invite the poor, the crippled, the lame and blind. Stop inviting friends, brothers, relatives or rich people.
Disabled people need help.
Mental disability or physical disability.
Able body people don't need help. They must work for living.
Jesus is focused on handicapped people. Not able body people.
Last year. Able body person asked me for handout. I declined. Because he's not disabled. I discerned the situation.
Month later. I was walking on side walk, across the street. This same person and friends verbally attacked me. I ignored them.
In my city. There's lot of folks who are able body and won't work. They stand on street corners asking for handouts. They don't have physical disabilities or mental disorders.
These are BUMBS who won't work. I'm not judging anyone.
I'm being honest. I told the truth. Take care.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do not feed SIN . idleness and slothfulness and being dishonest IS SIN . IT WONT BE FED peroid .
We take care of those WHO NEED , not those who are lazy .

Amen. (Let me clarify....I believe disabled people should receive help.)

In an earlier post where I mentioned disabled people in Indonesia carving items to sell (to support themselves), I was commending them. I was thinking it was a wonderful thing for them to do.

Isn't it commendable that those disabled people were actually willing to do something to try to earn a living??
And that particular island of Indonesia was Java....where the people are mostly Hindu! (Other Indonesian islands are mostly Muslim.)

So when a Christian, able bodied man with family won't work, it's sad.

Last edited: