He will not work

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've known someone for several years at a couple of Christian forums. This person always thinks others should donate money to him. He has given sad stories for years and posts them at Christian forums regularly.

I talked with this person last year about getting a job to help them through hard times. But this person told me that they will not get a job.

I know what the Bible says about someone who will not provide for his own family.

1 Timothy 5:8
But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

I understand the above doesn't apply to disabled or ill people. But the person I talked to about finding a job was in good health at the time of the conversation. Others tried to reason with him about this as well.

Just wanting to express this as I can't understand this person's refusal to work....to support his family.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've known someone for several years at a couple of Christian forums. This person always thinks others should donate money to him. He has given sad stories for years and posts them at Christian forums regularly.

I talked with this person last year about getting a job to help them through hard times. But this person told me that they will not get a job.

I know what the Bible says about someone who will not provide for his own family.

But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

I understand the above doesn't apply to disabled or ill people. But the person I talked to about finding a job was in good health at the time of the conversation. Others tried to reason with him about this as well.

Just wanting to express this as I can't understand this person's refusal to work....to support his family.
I think it would be wrong to donate to someone like that.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Limit your contact to people like this, to recommending they seek he.p from their church minister.
Do not give money to people you do not know through having meet them or who are recommended by people you know and trust who can confirm this case is genu.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Ah Debbie, they often like to milk the emotions of the people on the forums, who because of the emotional pull of the posters cannot see the tree for the forest presented.

I knew a girl who was asked to obtain her final school examination certificate. She prayed that God would help her to pass the exams, and she asked others to pray that God would help her pass.

Many of her friends advised her to do the study necessary to obtain her leaving certificate, but all she did was pray to pass the exams.

They want God to bless them with what they want and are unwilling to play their part so that God can actually Bless them.

If this girl had received her leaving certificate, then the Bible Colledge she studied at a degree level, would have awarded her with a Bachelor of Theology, after she had obtained her leaving certificate, after successfully completing the leaving exams which would have entitled her to do higher level studies.

Sadly, her understanding of God and how He works, was lacking.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I know a dude like that as well, he lives well off and is on the mental pension. it's really good money and all the perks they get is astounding, he had to by a new car because he had to buy a $50.000 car to reduce his money in the bank that he had saved over the years.
There is nothing wrong with him he is 62yo and cares for his mum and gets extra for that as well ! He is smart and spends all his time on how to play the government = Tax payer.
I have known him for 24 years and his brother, who hates that his bro is such a lazy leach. but he is a leach himself at work full on union man, smart tho and bleeds the system totally if he can get away with it. But they are Jews and that is typical.
They look at everyone as the enemy and work to bring industry down, communist at heart in fact.
They will never lift a finger to help in any way society as a whole. and totally refuse to do jury duty even, the one who works will still get payed 100% his wage even. but i being self employed will cost me hugely, but i do my duty to my Nation. Just as i do my duty to Christ Jesus for it's a pleasure to serve, i get some pride out of such and it's an education in serving, you do learn !
If one runs and hides from performing a life of duty, then one will never grow

If one does not serve anyone you will not learn anything worthy and will not grow as a person and this is how we see the dregs of society are the way they are for they will not pick themselves up and happy to serve others, but only want to be served themselves not to mention claiming to be hard done by 24/7 but the squeaky wheel gets payed attention too. so they get serviced !

My wife has a no hopper relation, a thief and all, but he is mollycoddled ! poor X he is hard done by, regardless by some, Poor X ! poor X dived into my wife's hand bag directly when she walked away but caught it out the corner of her eye and went for him !
They do the wrong thing by everyone ! that's all they know, for they have never grown. they are a cursed Rat. a blight on society that should be called out directly when ever you seen such trash.
They are like an outhouse Rat !

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it would be wrong to donate to someone like that.
Yes, because it is enabling him in his refusal to find employment.

One of the others who tried to reason with him last year said if the guy was trying to work, he might have sent him a little donation. But the guy just refuses to work....expects donations.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians chapter 3 Addresses this. starting with vs 6. Blessings!
Here it is....
6But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us. 7For you yourselves know how you ought to follow us, for we were not disorderly among you; 8nor did we eat anyone’s bread free of charge, but worked with labor and toil night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you, 9not because we do not have authority, but to make ourselves an example of how you should follow us.

10For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat. 11For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies. 12Now those who are such we command and [c]exhort through our Lord Jesus Christ that they work in quietness and eat their own bread.

13But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary in doing good. 14And if anyone does not obey our word in this epistle, note that person and do not keep company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15Yet do not count him as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they often like to milk the emotions of the people on the forums, who because of the emotional pull of the posters cannot see the tree for the forest presented
It seems that this is the man's "work". Going to Christian forums posting the same sad stories or problems.... hoping for donations.

If he wouldn't spend so much time posting on forums, he could do some type of job. Even if it is some type of self employment.

I think he would feel better about himself if he applied himself to try to provide for his wife and young children.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Limit your contact to people like this, to recommending they seek he.p from their church minister.
Do not give money to people you do not know through having meet them or who are recommended by people you know and trust who can confirm this case is genu.
This particular person is in a foreign country. He doesn't seem to have a regular church. He claims his extended family is in ministry.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and TLHKAJ

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are grifters by nature and lazy to boot. We see and I have seen the same ones on multiple forums as well.

Always in prayer forums," as if", others prayers for miracles will solve their problems, when they themselves seem as you say, to lazy to work.

When I observe the same ones, I just automatically put them on ignore.

Wise up, fellow believers, these will probably be the ones that turn you in bc you pray and believe!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hard hearted I suppose I'm called, but I cannot abide whiners or feel sorry for me ppl either.

They never give praise or encouragement to others, it's ALL about ME, ME, ME!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes you can only give them the gift of Christ Jesus.

Remember the man at the beautiful gate? Silver and Gold I do not have.

Acts 3

New International Version

Peter Heals a Lame Beggar​

3 One day Peter and John were going up to the temple at the time of prayer—at three in the afternoon.

2 Now a man who was lame from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts.

3 When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money.

4 Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, “Look at us!”

5 So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them.

6 Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”

7 Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man’s feet and ankles became strong.

8 He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God.

9 When all the people saw him walking and praising God,

10 they recognized him as the same man who used to sit begging at the temple gate called Beautiful, and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.

Reactions: Debp

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't give drug addicts money - because they will go and spend it on their habit.

You have to protect not only yourself from being used, but also them from going to abuse themselves.

It's hard, and the poor are always around according to Jesus, and you can always do good to them.

(That goodness could be encouraging faith).

Mark 14

Jesus Anointed at Bethany​

14 Now the Passover and the Festival of Unleavened Bread were only two days away, and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were scheming to arrest Jesus secretly and kill him. 2 “But not during the festival,” they said, “or the people may riot.”

3 While he was in Bethany, reclining at the table in the home of Simon the Leper, a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard. She broke the jar and poured the perfume on his head.

4 Some of those present were saying indignantly to one another, “Why this waste of perfume? 5 It could have been sold for more than a year’s wages[a] and the money given to the poor.” And they rebuked her harshly.

6 “Leave her alone,” said Jesus. “Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 7 The poor you will always have with you,[b] and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me. 8 She did what she could. She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial. 9 Truly I tell you, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”​

10 Then Judas Iscariot, one of the Twelve, went to the chief priests to betray Jesus to them. 11 They were delighted to hear this and promised to give him money. So he watched for an opportunity to hand him over.

Reactions: Nancy and Debp

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
DebP evil has crept into your heart you talk with me nicely but behind me you bring such threads even bearing false witness.

Reactions: goforit/leap

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DebP evil has crept into your heart you talk with me nicely but behind me you bring such threads even bearing false witness.

It is not bearing false witness if what I say is true.

I am simply exhorting you to try to get work so you can provide for your family. Providing for your family is scriptural. You should not totally depend on others' donations to support your family.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
It is not bearing false witness if what I say is true.

I am simply exhorting you to try to get work so you can provide for your family. Providing for your family is scriptural. You should not totally depend on others' donations to support your family.

You are bearing false witness .
it's not exhorting neither in this way some is exhorted enemy is using you

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are bearing false witness .
it's not exhorting neither in this way some is exhorted enemy is using you

A few others at Worthy also tried to encourage you to get some kind of work when you were concerned about getting arrested. You weren't interested.

I've continued trying to get through to you. But I guess I will soon give up, too.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
E
A few others at Worthy also tried to encourage you to get some kind of work when you were concerned about getting arrested. You weren't interested.

I've continued trying to get through to you. But I guess I will soon give up, too.

you know Evil has crept into your heart and mind your thread regarding me makes it clear to me