Headship, Submission and Women in Ministry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:
Again, it is not up to you or to any QUALIFIED people to make that kind of judgement. Especially about someone who is not a part of your own denomination.
Of course it is. We are to test the spirit of any thing to see if it is of the flesh or the Spirit of God. The point is, that qualification is NOT self declarative, and to insinuate ALL but your own are unacceptable, is just that, unacceptable.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
StanJ said:
Of course it is. We are to test the spirit of any thing to see if it is of the flesh or the Spirit of God. The point is, that qualification is NOT self declarative, and to insinuate ALL but your own are unacceptable, us just that, unacceptable.
I am not your pastor, now am I? You do not have to agree with anything I believe, do you?
And I do not have to agree with your beliefs either.
That's the beauty of living in a country like America.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:
I am not your pastor, now am I? You do not have to agree with anything I believe, do you?
And I do not have to agree with your beliefs either.
That's the beauty of living in a country like America.
Truth is absolute Barrd, as is the Bible. It does not ebb and flow based on any one person's POV, but on consensus. Matt 18:19
To place yourself above proven spiritual eldership, regardless of how old you are, is presumptuous to say the least. The Bible has much to say about knowledge and understanding, and NOT in the negative fashion you display. If everyone was to take your example to heart, we would have a much greater plethora of denominations than we have now. The goal should be to seek the truth and recognize it, regardless of where it comes from.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2Tim 3:16-17

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Truth is absolute Barrd, as is the Bible. It does not ebb and flow based on any one person's POV, but on consensus.
Actually it does that is why christianity is so messed up and why we have so many denominations all based on Mens theology and learning.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
StanJ said:
Truth is absolute Barrd, as is the Bible. It does not ebb and flow based on any one person's POV, but on consensus. Matt 18:19
To place yourself above proven spiritual eldership, regardless of how old you are, is presumptuous to say the least. The Bible has much to say about knowledge and understanding, and NOT in the negative fashion you display. If everyone was to take your example to heart, we would have a much greater plethora of denominations than we have now. The goal should be to seek the truth and recognize it, regardless of where it comes from.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2Tim 3:16-17
You believe a few things that are not a part of any "consensus" yourself.
Most mainstream Christian denominations do not believe in being "slain in the spirit" or "holy laughter" or such things...many barely believe in tongues, and not the way Pentecostals do it.
I can only think of one other denomination that believes in a hadean paradise. There may be others, but it's not very wide spread.

You "sought the truth" and you are sure you found it in the Charismatic movement. Most mainstream denominations disagree, but you're sure you're right.

So much for following a "consensus"...

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:
You believe a few things that are not a part of any "consensus" yourself.
Most mainstream Christian denominations do not believe in being "slain in the spirit" or "holy laughter" or such things...many barely believe in tongues, and not the way Pentecostals do it.
I can only think of one other denomination that believes in a hadean paradise. There may be others, but it's not very wide spread.

You "sought the truth" and you are sure you found it in the Charismatic movement. Most mainstream denominations disagree, but you're sure you're right.

So much for following a "consensus"...
Actually that is not factual, and simply based on your own personal bias. As you don't even attend a recognized denom, I have no idea how you can make this assertion? You seem to live by exceptions rather than by established rules, which means you do whatever you want. I think even on this comparitively small site, the consensus would be that you are NOT reprentative of the vast majority of Christendom.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually that is not factual, and simply based on your own personal bias. As you don't even attend a recognized denom, I have no idea how you can make this assertion? You seem to live by exceptions rather than by established rules, which means you do whatever you want. I think even on this comparitively small site, the consensus would be that you are NOT reprentative of the vast majority of Christendom.
Jesus never walked in conseus with anyone that is why the pharisees hated Him so much, He didnt agree with the established consortium.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Jesus never walked in conseus with anyone that is why the pharisees hated Him so much, He didnt agree with the established consortium.
True, but what Stanj is talking about is that the majority of her theology is way out in left field picking daisies. She relies solely on her own understanding. Its been ongoing.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe you should read this

Id like to know what any of tah thas to do with God.

Joh 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
Joh 7:18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Far to may christians wont take things too God.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth,

Once again, you are belittling other believers to honor and exalt yourself. So that you know, "apologetics" has everything to do with God.

“The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel.” (Philippians 1:16, NIV84)

“But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,” (1 Peter 3:15, NIV84)

The Greek word used in these text is "apologia," where we get the English word, "apologetics." The word simply means "to make a defense." Christians are encouraged to make a defense for their faith and we are shown how the Apostle Paul became all things to all men that he might save some. Now I know that you do not esteem Scripture highly and so it is of little use to quote from Peter or Paul, (even though the Gospel's themselves were written by disciples and not written by Jesus!) but there is plenty of precedent to reason with people and try to help them understand the Gospel, as well as to "destroy every lofty argument that sets itself up against the knowledge of God" (cf. 2 Cor. 10:5). Thus, apologetics is about confronting the worldviews and intellectual gods of our day and helping those who are captive by them to see Christ.

One day, mj, you will realize that God uses the gifts people have such as intellect, teaching, mathematics, and so forth for His glory and that not all gifts and acts of the Holy Spirit come by random impulses and gut feelings. Sometimes the Spirit works though study and diligence in various fields when coupled with worship in prayer (2 Tim. 2:14-26). Hopefully that day will be soon, so you can stop this incessant criticism and maligning of God's children because they are different from you.

Reactions: StanJ

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Once again, you are belittling other believers to honor and exalt yourself.
Hmm and how is that. I was just demonstrating that poor Barrd was not the only one relying on her own understanding, how is that Exalting one self?????
So that you know, "apologetics" has everything to do with God.
Jesus taught the truth not aplogetics, He never used big words, he came for teh common man, most who couldnt read ot write, that has never changed.

Il lcombine the next two

“But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,” (1 Peter 3:15, NIV84)
you are belittling
Yes i know what its like to be belitlle its usually 4 agsinst one, with me the one thats being belittled, plenty of posts around,
2:14-26). Hopefully that day will be soon, so you can stop this incessant criticism and maligning of God's children because they are different from you.
Yes its intersesting, im teh one being accused yet also teh one being ignored. I stil read posts of those who dont read mine because i cannot not agree with teh truth when it is written, even if its only head knowledge. Seems im the one who is being segregated for being different. or is it because Jesus who had never studied was so filed with wisdom taht they could not comprehend. And tah twas becuase His wisdom was from God not man, he was filled with teh Spirit whcih is where we are supposed to be.

Yes I agree God uses science and maths to prove Himself to scientists and mathematicans who soon discover that everything has order and must of being created. But what has big words got to do with those who are not learned, it proves nothing to them, except one boats of His learning . We have young christians come here to learn the truth, and ge tshouted down by some with big words, to confound them. Jesus never did, why does it need to be like that.??

This bit

Joh 7:14 Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.
Joh 7:15 And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?

Would would you do if a 9 year old child came and taught you how it was. Must really peave some.

Christ would never allow me to Exalt myself, as i am reminded of where I come from. and its not a pretty picture.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm and how is that. I was just demonstrating that poor Barrd was not the only one relying on her own understanding, how is that Exalting one self?????
You are always portraying others as acting in the flesh and you alone listen and act in the Spirit. How is that not exalting yourself?

Jesus taught the truth not aplogetics, He never used big words, he came for teh common man, most who couldnt read ot write, that has never changed.
Just because you think it is a big word does not mean that it means something carnal. God gave us intellects and He expects us to use them, mj. We are called to "study" and "meditate" and "be prepared in season and out of season." Trying to learn so you can reach other is not arrogance, nor is it opposed to the things of God. It is only "carnal" when it leads to pride and self-exaltation, and you are the primary one on here that I have seen exhibit those characteristics. God cares about our character and the way we treat others, not what size words we use.

Yes i know what its like to be belitlle its usually 4 agsinst one, with me the one thats being belittled, plenty of posts around,
1. Two wrongs do not make a right.
2. Usually people gang up on you because you constantly make everyone feel bad about themselves and as if they disappoint God.

Yes its intersesting, im teh one being accused yet also teh one being ignored.
When dozens of people who love Jesus and his word no longer want to fellowship or listen to you, then perhaps the Lord is trying to tell you something.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1. Two wrongs do not make a right.
2. Usually people gang up on you because you constantly make everyone feel bad about themselves and as if they disappoint God.
If reading a bit of scripture is making you feel bad, maybe you need to ask the Lord why it is so,
When dozens of people who love Jesus and his word no longer want to fellowship or listen to you, then perhaps the Lord is trying to tell you something.
He also said, They love me with there lips but there hearts are far from me" And yes you are right, God is telling me as He has for years that very few will listen to Him. One thing Baard had going for herself, at least she believed Jesus spoke to her.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The purpose of this forum is not to discuss you or those you approve or disapprove of. Lets move on. Thank you.

r4hnsn

Feb 18, 2016
Unless it be false that Adam was formed first and women from man, and the woman who was beguiled 1 Tim 2:12, then women should not have positions of authority over men. There are ample things women may do and ample female disciples to teach.

I freely admit i do not know how i would feel if the boot was on the other foot, but with Satan whispering feelings of discontent it is easy to see why we are seeing this phenomena.
But really men also must learn to crucify the flesh and believe God over their feelings and rational when it goes against His word. I myself want to marry the first pretty woman who loves me, but God has said no many a time so far, 26 yrs so far.

On a pragmatic note, have you ever seen men sorting out a heated issue and then added a wife or woman into the mix? the dynamics are suddenly changed and now the men are defending, withdrawing, fighting, puffing chest etc etc. Yes woman can hold their own, but should they?

Again, generally speaking, when a man raises his voice to be heard it is usually pleasant to fellow mens ears, but when a woman does, not so much. Thats why boys turn off when being taught by a woman or unmanly man, unless compensated for this.
A local church here in NZ noticed they were losing their men, until they changed the songs sung to suit mens vocal range. True story and first hand account. Try it you will notice a huge difference in man participation.