Healing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sadly... the Word of Faith/Prosperity preachers do not teach the true value of suffering...
They promote false and dangerous claims that are not biblical or realistic.

We live in a fallen world... sickness is part of that fallen world... to claim that we don't have to RECEIVE sickness
or any other calamity that might befall is incorrect.. and very damaging to the body of Christ.

I would highly encourage you @GracePeace to read what @GRACE ambassador has posted for you and to you.... He/She... has spoken with GREAT WISDOM.

Reactions: GracePeace

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly... the Word of Faith/Prosperity preachers do not teach the true value of suffering...
They promote false and dangerous claims that are not biblical or realistic.

We live in a fallen world... sickness is part of that fallen world... to claim that we don't have to RECEIVE sickness
or any other calamity that might befall is incorrect.. and very damaging to the body of Christ.

I would highly encourage you @GracePeace to read what @GRACE ambassador has posted for you and to you.... He/She... has spoken with GREAT WISDOM.
I kinda agree WITH BOTH @GRACE ambassador AND
the word of faith lol

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, according to Matthew 7, there will be false prophets who work lawlessness who are capable of working miracles in Christ's Name and they will go to hell. Call me "old-fashioned", but I believe Jesus on this. LOL
Yes, false signs and wonders involving calling fire down from heaven, per Revelation - not healing people physically...
I’ve never heard of any false Messiahs such as David Koresh or Sun Myung Moon, or Guru Maharajah, etc, healing a single person physically.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, false signs and wonders involving calling fire down from heaven, per Revelation - not healing people physically...
I’ve never heard of any false Messiahs such as David Koresh or Sun Myung Moon, or Guru Maharajah, etc, healing a single person physically.
What's the difference?
Casting out demons too. That's helpful to Christians too. Just like healing.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I kinda agree WITH BOTH @GRACE ambassador AND
the word of faith lol

You don’t have to receive sickness, that’s very true.

Jesus healed every sickness and disease before the cross and on the cross, and by His stripes we’re already healed - believers just have to learn how to receive what Jesus already did, by faith.

If physical healing isn’t available by faith, then neither is salvation - because His atonement paid the price for our healing spiritually. emotionally, and physically, says scripture -not spiritual healing (forgiveness of sins) only.

That’s why the Greek word SOZO is translated interchangeably as both SAVED and HEALED, because it means both.

BTW scripture warns us to stay away from those in the last days, who have a FORM of Godliness, but deny Gods POWER thereof.

Power being the Greek word DUNAMIS which means dynamic miracle working Holy Spirit power.

Cessationists who claim God doesn’t heal today and who also deny spiritual gifts are for today, are denying the POWER of God, and are to be shunned.

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Ironic isn’t it? Cessationists warn to shun churches with miracles and spirit gifts operating there, while simultaneously the Bible is warning us to shun THEM!

Wow.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's GRACE in our infirmities... continued:

(7!) ”And HE That Searcheth the hearts Knoweth What Is The
Mind Of The Spirit, Because HE Maketh Intercession for the
saints According To The Will Of God. Likewise The Spirit Also
Helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray
for as we ought: But The Spirit Itself Maketh Intercession
For us with groanings which cannot be uttered!”
(
Romans_8:27-28 KJB!)

(8!) "Blessed Be God, Even The Father Of our LORD JESUS CHRIST,
The Father Of Mercies, And The God of ALL Comfort; Who Comforteth
us in All our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which
are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves Are
Comforted Of God!" (
2_Corinthians_1:3-4 KJB!)

(9!) Please, always be “watching, Patiently waiting And Looking For”
That Blessed HOPE, The Imminent Return Of our LORD To Take us
Home To HEAVEN, In GLORIFICATION!
{Thus, ENDING ALL of our
"infirmities, trouble, trials, afflictions, sufferings, And persecutions!”}
(
Ephesians_6:18; 1_Corinthians_15:51-57; 2_Corinthians_5:1-9;
2_Thessalonians_4:13-18 KJB!) = WONDERFUL Comfort! Amen?

(10) ”And we know That All things Work Together For Good To
them that love God, to them who Are The Called According To
HIS Purpose!” (
Romans_8:28 KJB!)

(11a) Please memorize 2 Timothy_4:8 KJB!:

"Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness,
which The LORD, The Righteous Judge, Shall Give me At That Day:
and not to me only, but unto all them also that love HIS Appearing!"

(11b) Please Prayerfully/Carefully study 1_Corinthians_3:8-15 KJB!,
And "know" that, At "That Day {The JUDGMENT Seat}” Of CHRIST,
In HEAVEN, ALL "good works of preaching The Gospel of GRACE,
studying The Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided, and, loving/helping others"
WILL Surely Be "rewarded As gold, silver, And precious stones!"

Amen?

(12) For ALL those who humbly:
Trust CHRIST As their Personal SAVIOUR, The Bible Says:

a): “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of
power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
(
2_Timothy_1:7 KJB!)

b): “Be careful [anxious] for nothing; but in every thing by
prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests
be made known unto God. And the PEACE Of God, Which Passeth
all understanding, Shall Keep your hearts and minds through
CHRIST JESUS.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are True, whatsoever
things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever
things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever
things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there
be any praise, think on these things.”
(
Philippians_4:6-8 KJB!)

c): # “Those things, which ye have both learned, and
received, and heard, and seen in me, [Paul!] do: # And
The God Of PEACE Shall Be With you.”
(
Philippians_4:9 KJB!)

Conclusion, for ALL of the “just who live BY FAITH” {NOT feelings…}:

"For unto you It Is Given in the Behalf Of CHRIST, not only
to believe on HIM, But Also to suffer for HIS Sake"
(
Philippians_1:29 KJB!)
+
If we suffer, we shall also reign with HIM...” (2 Timothy 2 : 12a)

Good News,
eh, Precious friend?

------------------------------

Again, ALL Precious friends, please:
Always Be Very RICHLY Blessed In The LORD And Saviour, JESUS CHRIST!

More Distinctive "studies":
God's Approval/TWO Gospels In Prophecy vs Mystery
"Distinctions" of Prophecy vs MYSTERY

A lot of your proof texts don’t even apply to sickness, such as tribulation, which means trouble, not sickness.

But you left out a few facts, such as God forgives ALL our iniquities and heals ALL our sickness. and MANY are the AFFLICTIONS of the righteous, but God delivers them out of THEM ALL.

Here’s some scripture that actually applies to how physical healing works in the Christians world of faith, and physical healing.

Physical healing Is part of the Atonement of Jesus, that’s why the word SOZO is translated as both SAVED and HEALED in the Bible - because the word means to be completely made whole, spiritually, emotionally and physically, NOT just spiritually.

Romans 10:13 for just one example: whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be SOZO (saved).

SOZO: (made completely whole - spiritually, emotionally, and physically)

The Bible shows us healing is available for everyone who has been saved, because of His Atonement.

1) Healing is the children’s bread; (Matt. 15:22-28)

2) Jesus already healed us by His stripes (1 Peter 2:24).

3) Jesus healed everyone who was sick, in fulfillment of Isaiah’s prophesy that He took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses

Matthew 8:16-17, (refers to Isaiah 53:4-5, the Atonement of Jesus).

4) The benefits of God is He forgiveness ALL our sins and heals ALL our diseases Psalm 103:3;

Also, MANY are the afflictions of the righteous but God delivers them out of THEM ALL.
(Thus we are promised 1) many afflictions and 2) deliverance from ALL of them)

Psalm 34:19

5) Healing is such a part of His atonement that Jesus healed a paralytic by forgiving his sins: “pick up your mat and walk, your sins have been forgiven”. Luke 5:20-25

Psalm 103:3, Luke 5:20-25, and James 5:13-15 all link physical healing with forgiveness of sin.

Why? It’s part of salvation - of being made completely whole, spiritually, emotionally, and physically - SOZO - interchangeably translated in the Bible, as ‘saved’, and ‘healed’.

The Hebrew in Isaiah 53:5 means: by His wounds, bruises, and stripes, we are made completely whole.

Not partially whole, with just our sins forgiven, but made completely whole.

One of the ways to be healed is when you thank Him and praise Him that you were already healed of your sickness 2,000 years ago, by Jesus’ stripes, and thus appropriate by faith what Jesus already provided.

Kenneth Hagin came off his death bed as a teenager, by reading the Bible, and believing Mark 11:23-24, and acting on his faith.

Another way is in James 5:14-16 where we are promised:

James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

Jas 5:15 And the prayer of faith SHALL save (SOZO) the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

And Jesus promised that a sign that will follow those who believe, is their laying hands on the sick, and they will recover, in Mark 16:17-18.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t have to receive sickness, that’s very true.

Jesus healed every sickness and disease before the cross and on the cross, and by His stripes we’re already healed - believers just have to learn how to receive what Jesus already did, by faith.

If physical healing isn’t available by faith, then neither is salvation - because His atonement paid the price for our healing spiritually. emotionally, and physically, says scripture -not spiritual healing (forgiveness of sins) only.

That’s why the Greek word SOZO is translated interchangeably as both SAVED and HEALED, because it means both.

BTW scripture warns us to stay away from those in the last days, who have a FORM of Godliness, but deny Gods POWER thereof.

Power being the Greek word DUNAMIS which means dynamic miracle working Holy Spirit power.

Cessationists who claim God doesn’t heal today and who also deny spiritual gifts are for today, are denying the POWER of God, and are to be shunned.

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Ironic isn’t it? Cessationists warn to shun churches with miracles and spirit gifts operating there, while simultaneously the Bible is warning us to shun THEM!

Wow.
Thanks!
I think when it says "have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof" it must be talking about people like Pharisees who reject the power to live righteously but just have an appearance of living righteously.

Last edited:

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jesus promised that a sign that will follow those who believe, is their laying hands on the sick, and they will recover, in Mark 16:17-18.
Precious friend, why have I not heard that YOU, as a "believer," has NOT yet went to
YOUR local hospital, and "laid YOUR hands on the sick, and they Will ALL recover."? Does that mean YOU are an UNbeliever? = "THESE SIGNS Shall Follow
those who BELIEVE!"
Obviously, there is a problem, Correct?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, why have I not heard that YOU, as a "believer," has NOT yet went to
YOUR local hospital, and "laid YOUR hands on the sick, and they Will ALL recover."? Does that mean YOU are an UNbeliever? = "THESE SIGNS Shall Follow
those who BELIEVE!"
BTW I believe both you and Curtis are correct in your own ways.
Obviously, the most important is being saved by grace through faith and then righteous living, but healing is the children's bread too.

Thanks!

Reactions: Wynona

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
those who BELIEVE!"

Same reason Jesus didn’t clear out leper colonies that existed back then, but waited for those with faith to be healed, to go to Him.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guys, thanks for praying for me.

Please keep it up, because after I got a better understanding of salvation, I prayed and I got more sensations of energy on my kidneys, and then when I went to pee this morning it was different and seemed closer to normal (more volume, and it's hard to explain but I will just say it felt more normal).

Thanks!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After I wrote about my struggle to understand Christianity, it occurred to me that I was trying to be saved from hell... but that that was what Jesus and His sacrifice was for. So I am now trying to cease from my labors and accept that I'm at peace with God only because of the blood of Jesus.

Thanks for praying for me.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After I wrote about my struggle to understand Christianity, it occurred to me that I was trying to be saved from hell... but that that was what Jesus and His sacrifice was for. So I am now trying to cease from my labors and accept that I'm at peace with God only because of the blood of Jesus.

Thanks for praying for me.

Have you read Romans 10:8-13 which tells how to be saved?

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

GB

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

GB
Many times, yes.
I still struggled with how I'd perceived many other Scriptures.
The Bible has many other Scriptures. (LOL)

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

GB
Many times, yes.
I still struggled with how I'd perceived many other Scriptures.
The Bible has many other Scriptures. (LOL)
In fact, I still don't know what to do with those Scriptures, but I am resting on Christ's death and resurrection for now.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In fact, I still don't know what to do with those Scriptures, but I am resting on Christ's death and resurrection for now.

Here’s what I wrote about salvation:

First step is to make sure you are really a child of God through faith in Jesus.

To become a child of God, you must choose to receive Jesus, (John 1:12),by asking Him into your heart (Revelation 3:20), where He then dwells (Ephesians 3:17and Colossians 1:27), plus you must choose to repent and ask Him to forgive your sins so they are forgiven (Acts 3:19 and Acts 20:21), and call upon His name to be saved Romans 10:13.

Prayer for salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe you died for my sins and rose again - please come into my heart, forgive my sins, save my soul, and make me a new creation. In your name, amen.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here’s what I wrote about salvation:

First step is to make sure you are really a child of God through faith in Jesus.

To become a child of God, you must choose to receive Jesus, (John 1:12),by asking Him into your heart (Revelation 3:20), where He then dwells (Ephesians 3:17and Colossians 1:27), plus you must choose to repent and ask Him to forgive your sins so they are forgiven (Acts 3:19 and Acts 20:21), and call upon His name to be saved Romans 10:13.

Prayer for salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe you died for my sins and rose again - please come into my heart, forgive my sins, save my soul, and make me a new creation. In your name, amen.
Even with that, there is a way of viewing (a "persuasion" Galatians 5:8) how to "be perfected" (do God's will, grow to maturity) Galatians 3:3 that effectively negates one's initial faith profession, and results in such a person being cut off from Christ and fallen from His grace Galatians 5:4-7--because of so many Scriptures on what seem to be requirements for salvation, I stopped believing the blood of Jesus was enough. I have to pray to build my foundation on Christ, but without losing focus on those other Scriptures.

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
those who BELIEVE!"
You know, I can't say I agree with every single word, but I can say I am grateful for people who have and promote God's grace--and knowing God is better than any healing!