Hearing Him in the small things!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already mentioned it, but this is so important to understand!! Yes, He can tell you big things, because He is God. Yet we read in the Bible that He like to guide our steps, and that we will hear a voice behind us every time we turn to the right or to the left. Way too often we tend to think to ask God for the really big things, instead of seeking Him for the really small things. So I like this testimony:

One day I got into my car and saw that someone had place a coupon for a pizza on the window. It was a great price. I think it was $3.99 for a large pizza. So I looked at the location but it was not close to where I lived. Still I was thinking, "Wow, what a great price for a pizza Lord."

The thing is, that when you get used to talking to Him you start to find yourself just throwing out statements to Him, just like He was next to you in your car. And it turns out that He is next to you in your car (body) so you start getting answers when you were not even expecting an answer. He answered - "Yeah, that is a great price. You should give it to S...."

Now S... was an employee where I work, but I worked a good 20 minutes away and I had no idea where she lived. I did know she had a kid, but where and whether she even like pizza was a mystery to me. Still I took the coupon to work to give it to S..., based upon what the Lord told me.

It turned out that the pizza place was right around the corner from her and she used the coupon. It also turned out that she like the pizza. Of course I told her I felt the Lord wanted me to give her the coupon, so He got the glory.

This wasn't the only testimony with S... I try and remember to give you a 'big' testimony concerning her and her child also. He also does big important things - but the little things can make even a bigger impact.

Reactions: Nancy