Heart of Jesus!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consecration of the Human Race to the Sacred Heart

Most sweet Jesus, Redeemer of the human race, look down upon us humbly prostrate before Thy altar. We are Thine, and Thine we wish to be; but, to be more surely united with Thee, behold each one of us freely consecrates himself today to Thy Most Sacred Heart. Many indeed have never known Thee; many too, despising Thy precepts, have rejected Thee. Have mercy on them all, most merciful Jesus, and draw them to Thy Sacred Heart.

Be Thou King, O Lord, not only of the faithful who have never forsaken Thee, but also of the prodigal children who have abandoned Thee; grant that they may quickly return to their Father's house lest they die of wretchedness and hunger.

Be Thou King of those who are deceived by erroneous opinions, or whom discord keeps aloof; call them back to the harbor of truth and unity of faith, so that soon there may be but one flock and one Shepherd.

Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism; refuse not to draw them all into the light and kingdom of God. Turn Thine eyes of mercy toward the children of that race, once Thy chosen people: of old they called down upon themselves the Blood of the Savior; may it now descend upon them a laver of redemption and of life.

Grant, O Lord, to Thy Church assurance of freedom and immunity from harm; give peace and order to all nations, and make the earth resound from pole to pole with one cry: Praise to the Divine Heart that wrought our salvation; to It be glory and Honor forever. Amen.

Litany of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.

God, the Father of Heaven, have mercy on us
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world,
God, the Holy Ghost,
Holy Trinity, One God,
Heart of Jesus, Son of the Eternal Father.
Heart of Jesus, formed by the Holy Spirit in the womb of the Virgin Mother,
Heart of Jesus, substantially united to the Word of God,
Heart of Jesus, of Infinite Majesty,
Heart of Jesus, Sacred Temple of God,
Heart of Jesus, Tabernacle of the Most High,
Heart of Jesus, House of God and Gate of Heaven,
Heart of Jesus, burning furnace of charity,
Heart of Jesus, abode of justice and love,
Heart of Jesus, full of goodness and love,
Heart of Jesus, abyss of all virtues,
Heart of Jesus, most worthy of all praise,
Heart of Jesus, king and center of all hearts,
Heart of Jesus, in whom are all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge,
Heart of Jesus, in whom the Father was well pleased,
Heart of Jesus, of whose fullness we have all received,
Heart of Jesus, desire of the everlasting hills,
Heart of Jesus, patient and most merciful,
Heart of Jesus, enriching all who invoke Thee,
Heart of Jesus, fountain of life and holiness,
Heart of Jesus, propitiation for our sins,
Heart of Jesus, loaded down with opprobrium,
Heart of Jesus, bruised for our offenses,
Heart of Jesus, obedient to death,
Heart of Jesus, pierced with a lance,
Heart of Jesus, source of all consolation,
Heart of Jesus, our life and resurrection,
Heart of Jesus, our peace and reconciliation,
Heart of Jesus, victim for our sins,
Heart of Jesus, salvation of those who trust in Thee,
Heart of Jesus, hope of those who die in Thee,
Heart of Jesus, delight of all the Saints,

Lamb of God, who take away the sins of the world.
Spare us, O Lord.

Lamb of God, who take away the sins of the world,
Graciously hear us, O Lord.

Lamb of God, who take away the sins of the world,
Have mercy on us.

V. Jesus, meek and humble of heart.
R. Make our hearts like unto Thine.

Let us pray. Almighty and eternal God, consider the Heart of Thy well-beloved Son and the praises and satisfaction He offers Thee in the name of sinners; appeased by worthy homage, pardon those who implore Thy mercy in the name of the same Jesus Christ, Thy Son, Who lives and reigns with Thee forever and ever. Amen.

A litany is an ancient form of prayer!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The passion of Jesus Christ shows forth the great love of God! Jn 3:16

The passion of Jesus Christ is the greatest there is to inspire our hearts with love for God and true sorrow for sin!

passion of Christ strengthens us!

precious blood of Jesus, save us!

behold this Heart, which has so loved men!

Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!

אבץ

Oct 27, 2022
Billefjord
Faith
Christian
Country
Norway
For me it wouldn't be prayer without ritual prostration. Praise Ίησοῦϛ for showing the way in ΕΥΑΓΓΕΛΙΟΝ ΚΑΤΑ ΜΑΤΘΑΙΟΝ 26.39.

Attachments

• 120161591_175898707447181_6227696235004862396_n.jpg
    120161591_175898707447181_6227696235004862396_n.jpg
    663.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
For me it wouldn't be prayer without ritual prostration. Praise Ίησοῦϛ for showing the way in ΕΥΑΓΓΕΛΙΟΝ ΚΑΤΑ ΜΑΤΘΑΙΟΝ 26.39.

Welcome to the forum.

You cited a particular example in Matthew. There’s obviously nothing wrong with prostrating oneself in prayer, and you’ve said this is your personal practice. I respect it and think it’s a beautiful practice.

But is that the only physical posture Jesus assumed in prayer? Aren’t there other physical postures described in scripture? Are you opposed to them? Should the physical posture assumed in prayer be a matter of great concern for Christians? (I’m aware that it is in some other religions. Islam, for example.)

אבץ

Oct 27, 2022
Billefjord
Faith
Christian
Country
Norway
Hi Matthias and thanks for the welcome.

There are probably many other valid postures, but I haven't read much more than the book of Matthew, then Genesis and Exodus. Although I've noticed the particular way I prostrate is standardized in Islam and orthodox Judaism. I figure it should be ok for someone influenced by a 'cultural snapshot', which could be seen as the 'middle child', as it were, to appropriate the custom.

That's not to say I think it's the only way. Just the way that happens to work for me. When I first considered getting a rug, it did give me reason for pause. It's strongly associated with a different religion, but my chosen motif is of the first Christian cathedral built. I've also got a menorah, which is not really associated with Christianity as much anymore, but was during the Roman empire. (source forgotten, sry)

edit: cleaned up grammar after editing before posting

Last edited:
Reactions: Matthias