Heart Problems.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Gone into AF...thank God it’s slow AF..I’m also staying with my Son, he will call ambulance if it goes into fast AF....my consultant told me to take another 2.5 mg Bisoprolol..which I’ve done..I can’t sleep because of this AF...it’s nearly 2am here..I hope this medication takes effect soon.....Praise God , it could be so much worse...I always think of what Jesus must have gone through, when he hung on that cross.....my health problems are just minuscule to what he had to endure....plus he had no pain killers to ease his “ AGONY “!!

Reactions: Lambano

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for posting dev..

I have AF at times, my heartbeat can go from 60 beats per minute to over a 130 in a second..it comes on all of a sudden, I then have to dial 999 emergency ambulance arrives, Then I’m blue lighted into emergency department...scary..just wondering if anyone else has suffered with this...

Wow, 130 beats per second, that's fast!

Just kidding, which I wouldn't do if hadn't suffered from V-Tach for 50 years. When I first was diagnosed around 1970, they called it Pulmonary-A Tachycardia or PAT. My mom had it, too. Then they called it Supra-ventricular Tachycardia or SVT for a while. Now I guess it's just V-Tach. I stopped looking it up.

Mine used to get up to 160 (really scares my family) but I reversed it with exercise, nutrition, and natural supplements. I used to take max dosages of Ditiazem and Metoprolol to control it but that stuff kept my heart and head so wound down that I couldn't sleep, climb stairs, or exercise.

The Metoprolol stops the pineal secretion of Melatonin, so I had to take Benzos and Benadryl to sleep and it wasn't the restorative kind—just a mid-quality unconsciousness. So Metabolic Syndrome started setting in and I had to do something because my pill bag was getting too big and I was looking at insulin injections shortly down the road.

Sorry if this sounds like medical advice more than encouragement or testimony but I don't have any A-Fib or surgery experience.

I can say that healthy habits will improve your quality of life more than most folks imagine, no matter what particular health problems you're having.

It ain't easy, but God is good and He's good and ready to help!

Hope and pray that you are blessed with peace in Christ, Sis, and that you'll bask in Him who came that we might have life, and that we might have it more abundantly! (John 10:10) :hearteyes:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, 130 beats per second, that's fast!

Just kidding, which I wouldn't do if hadn't suffered from V-Tach for 50 years. When I first was diagnosed around 1970, they called it Pulmonary-A Tachycardia or PAT. My mom had it, too. Then they called it Supra-ventricular Tachycardia or SVT for a while. Now I guess it's just V-Tach. I stopped looking it up.
What’s a V- Tach?..please tell me what it is, if that’s ok with you?
Mine used to get up to 160 (really scares my family) but I reversed it with exercise, nutrition, and natural supplements. I used to take max dosages of Ditiazem and Metoprolol to control it but that stuff kept my heart and head so wound down that I couldn't sleep, climb stairs, or exercise.
Glad you reversed it, unfortunately I can’t reverse my heart problem, because I refused surgery for a while, it made my mitral valve worse, she did say why I keep going into AF...I can’t for the life of me remember why...I must take a note pad next time I visit my consultant and write everything down
The Metoprolol stops the pineal secretion of Melatonin, so I had to take Benzos and Benadryl to sleep and it wasn't the restorative kind—just a mid-quality unconsciousness. So Metabolic Syndrome started setting in and I had to do something because my pill bag was getting too big and I was looking at insulin injections shortly down the road.
Crikey, this sounds real complicated
Sorry if this sounds like medical advice more than encouragement or testimony but I don't have any A-Fib or surgery experience.

I can say that healthy habits will improve your quality of life more than most folks imagine, no matter what particular health problems you're having.

It ain't easy, but God is good and He's good and ready to help!

Hope and pray that you are blessed with peace in Christ, Sis, and that you'll bask in Him who came that we might have life, and that we might have it more abundantly! (John 10:10) :hearteyes:

Thank you Barney..I am an exercise bunny.

Medics were called at around 3am,I went into fast AF...thankfully they managed to get the heart beat down, with medication...

Amen about our life, yet, if it’s Gods will, then I can’t stop it...I will be starting a new life up there with the Lord.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s a V- Tach?..please tell me what it is, if that’s ok with you?

Sure thing, Sis!

Like I said, I haven't been keeping up on the terms in recent years but, after scouting around a bit, I spotted the last term I remember hearing it called by my cardiologist—Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia. It is basically a short-circuit in the upper chamber of the heart that can be instantly triggered or untriggered (yeah, I don't think that's a word - lol) by a number of things, including physical force, vascular stimulation by things like fat, sugar, salt, caffeine, THC from marijuana (as I sadly but, as it turns out, advantageously found out in my very early twenties), irritating spices, etc., or stress. From what they say, I suspect that I also have atrial flutter, which is skipped or very forceful heartbeats. Some of this, I'm sure you know.

When I was a kid they sent me to school a few times with a big old tape recorder and a bunch of leads hooked up to me (that was fun!—well, at least for the other kids - lol) to see if they could catch an episode/attack. Never happened. They were very adamant, though, that what I had never killed anyone. Well, that was then - lol.

By the time I actually did get one on an EKG machine I was in my thirties, and it was quite a show for some interns who rushed down to the ER to see it. (By that time I had collected a number of ways to make the attacks go away, but sometimes they didn't work until they had been underway for some time and had lost some steam, so to speak.) And I remember asking the Doc, after the interns oohed and ahhed for a few minutes: "Can I make it stop now, Doc?" At that time I don't think they liked to use the jab on younger folks to slow the heart rate, but they liked to have you in the hospital in case it became absolutely necessary. They really got a kick out watching me make it stop!

They had a procedure to fix the short-circuit called an "SVT ablation," I believe, but the practice was in its infancy, and I elected to wait until it was more a matter of routine practice.

Glad you reversed it, unfortunately I can’t reverse my heart problem, because I refused surgery for a while, it made my mitral valve worse, she did say why I keep going into AF...I can’t for the life of me remember why...I must take a note pad next time I visit my consultant and write everything down

I completely understand. It sounds like you're doing everything you can to minimize the damage anyway.

I managed, by God's grace, to undergo a comprehensive lifestyle intervention called NEWSTART (see my signature below) early enough in life that it has kept my condition well under control for some time now.

The biggest factors are exercise, proper nutrition, adequate rest, sunshine, lots of fresh water and air, moderation in good things, abstention from harmful things, and trust in divine power. I also use a saffron supplement that functions as a calcium channel inhibitor, which reduces the need for Diltiaxem, a pharmaceutical calcium channel blocker. And I take Hawthorn Berry extract which is just a circulatory system conditioner that can help normalize blood pressure (which I probably don't need :) ).

If and when I let enough of these things slide, I incur the consequences.

Crikey, this sounds real complicated

Not after I got the basics down. But like with many things you can dig into the details as much or as little as you like.

Thank you Barney..I am an exercise bunny.

Good for you, Sis! And, no doubt, with a resting heart rate of 60bpm!

Medics were called at around 3am,I went into fast AF...thankfully they managed to get the heart beat down, with medication...

I hate that for you. I've been on that ambulance ride a time or two. One time, about 15 years ago, I had to call an ambulance from my car. I had lost my job and I couldn't afford the Diltiazem XR formula so I was taking the cheaper, 3x daily instant stuff which meant I had to take it every 8 hours on the dot. Otherwise, an attack could slip through. I waited for about half an hour at 160 bpm on the side of the road in the summer heat before they got there with the needle.

Amen about our life, yet, if it’s Gods will, then I can’t stop it...I will be starting a new life up there with the Lord.

AMEN, Ssister! :hearteyes:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for posting dev..

I have AF at times, my heartbeat can go from 60 beats per minute to over a 130 in a second..it comes on all of a sudden, I then have to dial 999 emergency ambulance arrives, Then I’m blue lighted into emergency department...scary..just wondering if anyone else has suffered with this...
How do you know when that happens?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sure thing, Sis!

Like I said, I haven't been keeping up on the terms in recent years but, after scouting around a bit, I spotted the last term I remember hearing it called by my cardiologist—Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia. It is basically a short-circuit in the upper chamber of the heart that can be instantly triggered or untriggered (yeah, I don't think that's a word - lol) by a number of things, including physical force, vascular stimulation by things like fat, sugar, salt, caffeine, THC from marijuana (as I sadly but, as it turns out, advantageously found out in my very early twenties), irritating spices, etc., or stress. From what they say, I suspect that I also have atrial flutter, which is skipped or very forceful heartbeats. Some of this, I'm sure you know.

When I was a kid they sent me to school a few times with a big old tape recorder and a bunch of leads hooked up to me (that was fun!—well, at least for the other kids - lol) to see if they could catch an episode/attack. Never happened. They were very adamant, though, that what I had never killed anyone. Well, that was then - lol.

By the time I actually did get one on an EKG machine I was in my thirties, and it was quite a show for some interns who rushed down to the ER to see it. (By that time I had collected a number of ways to make the attacks go away, but sometimes they didn't work until they had been underway for some time and had lost some steam, so to speak.) And I remember asking the Doc, after the interns oohed and ahhed for a few minutes: "Can I make it stop now, Doc?" At that time I don't think they liked to use the jab on younger folks to slow the heart rate, but they liked to have you in the hospital in case it became absolutely necessary. They really got a kick out watching me make it stop!

They had a procedure to fix the short-circuit called an "SVT ablation," I believe, but the practice was in its infancy, and I elected to wait until it was more a matter of routine practice.

I completely understand. It sounds like you're doing everything you can to minimize the damage anyway.

I managed, by God's grace, to undergo a comprehensive lifestyle intervention called NEWSTART (see my signature below) early enough in life that it has kept my condition well under control for some time now.

The biggest factors are exercise, proper nutrition, adequate rest, sunshine, lots of fresh water and air, moderation in good things, abstention from harmful things, and trust in divine power. I also use a saffron supplement that functions as a calcium channel inhibitor, which reduces the need for Diltiaxem, a pharmaceutical calcium channel blocker. And I take Hawthorn Berry extract which is just a circulatory system conditioner that can help normalize blood pressure (which I probably don't need :) ).

If and when I let enough of these things slide, I incur the consequences.

Not after I got the basics down. But like with many things you can dig into the details as much or as little as you like.

Good for you, Sis! And, no doubt, with a resting heart rate of 60bpm!

I hate that for you. I've been on that ambulance ride a time or two. One time, about 15 years ago, I had to call an ambulance from my car. I had lost my job and I couldn't afford the Diltiazem XR formula so I was taking the cheaper, 3x daily instant stuff which meant I had to take it every 8 hours on the dot. Otherwise, an attack could slip through. I waited for about half an hour at 160 bpm on the side of the road in the summer heat before they got there with the needle.

AMEN, Ssister! :hearteyes:

Very interesting read ,Brother, thanks for sharing.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife