Heart Talks on Holiness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you actually want to know, do a search of "hindu girl" on epis' threads. You'll see his explanations of people being accepted by God outside of faith in Christ, or the Bible, or YHWH, on the basis of their well intentioned good works.

Much love!
exactly my friend . This is the gospel of lies indeed . Paul and the other apostels always went about
preaching the dire need to believe on Christ . so do the true lambs .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perhaps you don't really want to know what he says about this . . .

Much love!

Sadly, in my searching I found this...perhaps I should answer you with your own words...

Is it necessary or useful or beneficial to share your low expectations of others? Can we avoid this kind of posting? What would you call this? Contempt?

I point to this to appeal to your better nature, in the hope that goodness will follow.

Much love!
hmmm.... :(

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not so the saints. The saints walk in the faith OF Christ...NOT their own faith.
Hi Episkopos.......I find this interesting, I understand that we walk in the faith of Christ, because it is “ God given”....I must say I have bumped heads in the past, with quite a few on this subject and still am confused by their answers.....for faith to manifest itself, ( not sure that’s the right wording) then one must be drawn to Jesus by God, ..it’s God Through the power of the Holy Spirit who gives us the faith to believe, I call that being birthed in the Spirit/ regenerated/ brought Alive by the power of the Spirit.....I even believe it was God who brought me to “ believe “ in Jesus, of course without believing in Jesus, which must come first, there would have been no supernatural birth....the more I look back at how God drew me to Jesus, the more it “ Blows” my mind...the birth is a living spiritual birth, that only God can do, through the power of the Holy Spirit.....words could never express that moment, when God birthed me in the Spirit....as I’ve said many times, it truly blew my mind and it still does...that was over 30 yrs ago....of course this is mostly my testimony..and I’m ok, if some don’t believe it,..humans can never erase what God’s word said to my spirit.

My belief is, how can anyone walk in their own faith, it must be given by God...a supernatural gift, being birthed in the Spirit?.....do you understand my post?...

On saying all that I’ve said, we don’t know how God draws us to JESUS,so, those who walk in their own faith, that could be the start of God drawing them, by planting an interest in reading the Bible....

Everyone has their own testimony on how they were saved, it can’t be proven imo, only God knows who are his children.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Episkopos.......I find this interesting, I understand that we walk in the faith of Christ, because it is “ God given”
Amen...and hi! Yes the works of God are beyond our own capacity.

....I must say I have bumped heads in the past, with quite a few on this subject and still am confused by their answers.....for faith to manifest itself, ( not sure that’s the right wording) then one must be drawn to Jesus by God, ..it’s God Through the power of the Holy Spirit who gives us the faith to believe, I call that being birthed in the Spirit/ regenerated/ brought Alive by the power of the Spirit.....I even believe it was God who brought me to “ believe “ in Jesus, of course without believing in Jesus, which must come first, there would have been no supernatural birth....the more I look back at how God drew me to Jesus, the more it “ Blows” my mind...the birth is a living spiritual birth, that only God can do, through the power of the Holy Spirit.....words could never express that moment, when God birthed me in the Spirit....as I’ve said many times, it truly blew my mind and it still does...that was over 30 yrs ago....of course this is mostly my testimony..and I’m ok, if some don’t believe it,..humans can never erase what God’s word said to my spirit.
This is where an proper understanding of "scale"...or "depth" we are experiencing God at, is vital to NOT be led astray.

There is a wilderness walk in our own faith...whereby we are tested to see if we are ready to take on the full weight of responsibility for holiness. We are born again into a wilderness walk. Even Jesus when the Spirit descended upon Him...was led immediately into the desert.

Then there is the higher walk which is by a gift of faith INTO a kingdom walk that is without any spot or wrinkle of sin. At that level we have put on His perfection to walk as He walked.

My belief is, how can anyone walk in their own faith, it must be given by God...a supernatural gift, being birthed in the Spirit?.....do you understand my post?...

Yes. We can indeed follow Christ in our own faith. That's the whole point of being quickened into new life by the Spirit. We are to allow ourselves to be swept up in the ways of God. We are to follow Christ purposefully from the inner man of faith.
On saying all that I’ve said, we don’t know how God draws us to JESUS,so, those who walk in their own faith, that could be the start of God drawing them, by planting an interest in reading the Bible....

This is true at the beginning. After that it depends on our own faithfulness. At least that is so in the wilderness walk. God is testing us...remember.
Everyone has their own testimony on how they were saved, it can’t be proven imo, only God knows who are his children.
Why must salvation be something in the past? Most here claim a justification for a past event. That isn't wise. We are to walk every day in faithfulness to God.

But the better way is to seek God's face in a full surrender...to enter into the kingdom walk above sin.

The hard walk in the wilderness requires only a human level of faith. At that level we carry our own cross.

The easy walk is HARD to enter into...but after that initial difficulty the cross of Christ carries us. His burden is light. :)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is where an proper understanding of "scale"...or "depth" we are experiencing God at, is vital to NOT be led astray.

There is a wilderness walk in our own faith...whereby we are tested to see if we are ready to take on the full weight of responsibility for holiness. We are born again into a wilderness walk. Even Jesus when the Spirit descended upon Him...was led immediately into the desert.
We are born again into a wilderness walk, where does it say that in God’s word?

For me, my belief, when we are born again ,we become children of God, that is when our journey of faith begins, for we have the indwelling Holy Spirit.....And yes we do walk in the wilderness at times of course, that is when our faith is tested....but, we have the indwelling Holy Spirit, who gets us through all of our trials,etc, we can’t do it alone, we put our faith and trust in Christ, I depend solely on the Holy Spirit ,we are nothing without him ,..many a hissy fit I have had with God and tell him I’ve had enough of a certain mission he has sent me on,....through my hissy fits I have solely learnt to depend on God...it can only be done in His strength/ his timing....I can’t rush God..took me many years to get to this place......he has taught me great patience.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

For me, my belief, when we are born again ,we become children of God, that is when our journey of faith begins, for we have the indwelling Holy Spirit.....And yes we do walk in the wilderness at times of course, that is when our faith is tested....but, we have the indwelling Holy Spirit, who gets us through all of our trials,etc, we can’t do it alone, we put our faith and trust in Christ, I depend solely on the Holy Spirit ,we are nothing without him ,..many a hissy fit I have had with God and tell him I’ve had enough of a certain mission he has sent me on,....through my hissy fits I have solely learnt to depend on God...it can only be done in His strength/ his timing....I can’t rush God..took me many years to get to this place......he has taught me great patience.
Amen, and actually we sure do tend to have a blessed "honeymoon" period for a while when we are first born again, don't we? :) This is to establish us in the faith.....to fill us up with the strength of joy and the seed of His word (to ensure fruit). This phase is depicted in scripture here and maybe elsewhere too:

Deu 24:5

When a man hath taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war, neither shall he be charged with any business: but he shall be free at home one year, and shall cheer up his wife which he hath taken.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amen,

The process of Sanctification at work in your life. Which God has promised, he will complete that work in you

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The process of Sanctification at work in your life. Which God has promised, he will complete that work in you
It’s the role of the Holy Spirit, to make us into the image of Christ and it can and does take years, from the minute we are born again, our becoming more like Jesus begins, Praise God.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen, and actually we sure do tend to have a blessed "honeymoon" period for a while when we are first born again, don't we? :) This is to establish us in the faith.....to fill us up with the strength of joy and the seed of His word (to ensure fruit). This phase is depicted in scripture here and maybe elsewhere too:
Amen!!....I was on honeymoon with the Lord for years..LOL...my family thought I had lost the plot,LOL.

I must say though, it’s not an easy path as we well know, but,I have found the more I put my trust and faith in God, it does get easier, it’s taken years to get to this place.

Isn’t it amazing how the Holy Spirit works in us to be more like Jesus...I can remember being the most argumentative person on the planet......can I argue now...nope!!....all thanks to my being brought to a place of submitting and being obedient to God’s word....of course we are all at different stages in our walk with Christ.....I still have my moments, nothing like I used to be,LOL

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen!!....I was on honeymoon with the Lord for years..LOL...my family thought I had lost the plot,LOL.

Where does it say we will have a honeymoon?
I must say though, it’s not an easy path as we well know,

The wilderness walk is not easy
but,I have found the more I put my trust and faith in God, it does get easier, it’s taken years to get to this place.

This is an exercise in our own faith.
Isn’t it amazing how the Holy Spirit works in us to be more like Jesus..

Not more like Jesus so much...Jesus is selfless. Most believers will never get beyond what is beneficial to themselves.
.I can remember being the most argumentative person on the planet......can I argue now...nope!!....all thanks to my being brought to a place of submitting and being obedient to God’s word....of course we are all at different stages in our walk with Christ.....I still have my moments, nothing like I used to be,LOL
As we get older we mellow out.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

i didn’t say it was in scripture, I explained that I was on honeymoon because I had just been birthed in the Spirit.....blew my mind....God birthed me in the Spirit, were talking GOD here, not joe bloggs, LOL.

The rest of your post I will study and then get back to you.lol.

Reactions: marks

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s the role of the Holy Spirit, to make us into the image of Christ and it can and does take years, from the minute we are born again, our becoming more like Jesus begins, Praise God.
Amen

we not only have the assurance we have eternal life

we have assurance that he who began a good work in us will complete it..

And it is all of God..

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Deu 24:5

When a man hath taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war, neither shall he be charged with any business: but he shall be free at home one year, and shall cheer up his wife which he hath taken.

To the Church in Ephesus​

Revelation 2

2 “To the angel of the church in Ephesus write:

These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands. 2 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. 3 You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.

4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. 5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. 6 But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

7 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Matthew 22:36-40
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.

Matthew 24:12
Because of the multiplication of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i didn’t say it was in scripture, I explained that I was on honeymoon because I had just been birthed in the Spirit.....blew my mind....God birthed me in the Spirit, were talking GOD here, not joe bloggs, LOL.

The rest of your post I will study and then get back to you.lol.
sadly,

some people do not like the peace we have with God. nore do they understand we are babes in Christ when we come to him and are adopted by him. they do not understand progressive sanctification.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
sadly,

some people do not like the peace we have with God. nore do they understand we are babes in Christ when we come to him and are adopted by him. they do not understand progressive sanctification.
Maybe it takes time for the Spirit to get them to this understanding,Brother.

I knew I was born again from day, that was all I knew...the rest I’ve learnt, was obviously from God’s word...
I believe everything is in his timing, even all the learning, what do you believe?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Progressive sanctification means to me....we are progressing in Christ, being made into his image, by the power that is within us...the Holy Spirit...is that right,EG?

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen

we not only have the assurance we have eternal life

we have assurance that he who began a good work in us will complete it..

And it is all of God..
Amen. And that is assuming we remain in Him, remain in His love and continue following/obeying Him the best we know how. He will do the work if we just keep following Him....because that is where He is leading us to.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To the Church in Ephesus​

Revelation 2

2 “To the angel of the church in Ephesus write:

These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands. 2 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. 3 You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.

4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. 5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. 6 But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

7 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Matthew 22:36-40
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.

Matthew 24:12
Because of the multiplication of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold
The love for sin has abounded . Inquity has abounded and the love for the truth has grown cold in many .
This other love is what many now embrace . A love that honors all paths , a love that honors pronouns ,
a love that honors gay marriage . its a love that hollers judge not , all the while it attacks and condemns TRUTH
and those who bring Truth . A dark love which is of the world has entered in and established itself
even within the realm of christendom . Inquity has abounded and more and more
now even honor and embrace darkness and not Light . All the law and the prophets DO hang on those two commandments .
SO if any version of love GOD and love thy neighbor as thyself is overlooking sins , is accepting sins
or other paths , IT AINT COMING FROM GOD , FOR it trangresses the law . NO LOVE of GOD would trangress
rather IT WOULD FULLFILL .