Heaven and Earth Shall Pass Away

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
"This generation" that Jesus was referring to was their generation.
Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Jesus was speaking to his disciples who were Jews and they understood that the physical heaven and earth referred to the place where man and God did meet. It did pass away in 70AD, their generation!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
You certainly have my interest.

How did heaven and earth pass away in 70 A.D.?
As one reads the bible they find that the only place that God would speak to his people was through the Holy of Holies. The high priest was the only one allowed to enter. This was also the only place where Heaven (God) and earth (man) came together and that just happens to be in the garden of Eden.

The temple was destroyed in 70AD.

Today we, Christians, are the temple of God.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um...I think that by heaven and earth He was talking about the heavens and the earth that were created in Genesis chapter 1.

For example, we have this scripture...

Mat 5:17, Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18, For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19, Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:20, For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus is saying that the law will exist as a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ, not, until 70 A.D., but that one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law until the end of time when the literal heaven and earth will pass away.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
"This generation" that Jesus was referring to was their generation.
Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Jesus was speaking to his disciples who were Jews and they understood that the physical heaven and earth referred to the place where man and God did meet. It did pass away in 70AD, their generation!
ERROR. only what they practice, their religion. and two, the Jews nor the temple is center of God's acceptance, for the world is to worship God in Spirit and in truth. so no temple in Jerusalem, or anywhere else will do.

and as for this physical created earth, and heaven. scripture, 2 Peter 3:10 "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."
2 Peter 3:11 "Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,"
2 Peter 3:12 "Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?"

so do that mean the earth and the heavens are physically destroyed? no, but re-newed ........ completely from scratch. for this is our home and the center of his KINGDOM will be here on earth. and no, we're not dwelling in heaven, nope but right here on earth. Revelation 5:10 "And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth." well God is going to be here on earth, and he said, John 14:3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

so if the Lord Jesus after his "RETURN IN APPERANCE" is setting up his throne here on earth, so why are you in heaven?........ did he not say, "that where I am, there ye may be also." .... well why are ripping a roaring on your why to heaven when the Lord said plainly, "that where I am, there ye may be also." ..... :rolleyes: Duh?

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Reactions: jshiii

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is Colossians 1:5 and 1 Peter 1:4 in reference to heaven; also Revelation 21:9-27.

The saints reigning on the earth will be during the millennial period.

We will not be dwelling on the same earth that we now dwell on, when we get to "heaven".

That will be a "new heavens and a new earth."

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is Colossians 1:5 and 1 Peter 1:4 in reference to heaven; also Revelation 21:9-27.

The saints reigning on the earth will be during the millennial period.

We will not be dwelling on the same earth that we now dwell on, when we get to "heaven".

I don't believe so, heaven is coming to to, the earth, Revelation 21:24 "And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it." (those Kings are us, see Rev 1:6)
Revelation 21:25 "And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there."
Revelation 21:26 "And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it."
Revelation 21:27 "And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life."

well, well, well, "And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth". that BRIDE is here on earth, and not in heaven and we're in it, going in and out. and that's here on earth.... and get this the gold being brought into it, just read Numbers 31:50 and understand the spiritual aspect of it.

so as Kings we're here on earth. BINGO.

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe so, heaven is coming to to, the earth, Revelation 21:24 "And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it." (those Kings are us, see Rev 1:6)
Revelation 21:25 "And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there."
Revelation 21:26 "And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it."
Revelation 21:27 "And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life."

well, well, well, "And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth". that BRIDE is here on earth, and not in heaven and we're in it, going in and out. and that's here on earth.... and get this the gold being brought into it, just read Numbers 31:50 and understand the spiritual aspect of it.

PICJAG

Keep studying.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
ERROR. only what they practice, their religion. and two, the Jews nor the temple is center of God's acceptance, for the world is to worship God in Spirit and in truth. so no temple in Jerusalem, or anywhere else will do.

and as for this physical created earth, and heaven. scripture, 2 Peter 3:10 "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."
2 Peter 3:11 "Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,"
2 Peter 3:12 "Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?"

so do that mean the earth and the heavens are physically destroyed? no, but re-newed ........ completely from scratch. for this is our home and the center of his KINGDOM will be here on earth. and no, we're not dwelling in heaven, nope but right here on earth. Revelation 5:10 "And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth." well God is going to be here on earth, and he said, John 14:3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

so if the Lord Jesus after his "RETURN IN APPERANCE" is setting up his throne here on earth, so why are you in heaven?........ did he not say, "that where I am, there ye may be also." .... well why are ripping a roaring on your why to heaven when the Lord said plainly, "that where I am, there ye may be also." ..... :rolleyes: Duh?

PICJAG
ERROR: Do you believe any of the old testament?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR: Do you believe any of the old testament?
first thanks for the reply, second, believe
Sure I do, but I believe in the NEW HEAVEN and the NEW EARTH, "Spirit and Truth",,,,, listen. John 4:21 "Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father."J ohn 4:22 "Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews." John 4:23 "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him."
John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." not in some building, but in FREEDOM, and truth.

and here's the catcher to the time of the END..... listen, John 4:23 "But the hour cometh, and now is, BINGO. .... and NOW IS. that's why this Generation will not pass away. this is too easy. oh well one day one will learn.

PICJAG

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Well, maybe not, exactly.
Maybe so.

Are you saying that the New Heavens and new Earth are created after the 1000 yrs Reign of Jesus?

Consider that you'll be in Israel, if you are born again, where my home is located.
So, did it disappear when the "new earth" was made??
Did the "eastern Gate" disappear when the earth burns up?
And Jesus will be there, ruling from the Old City....So, why didnt it burn up, when the earth burned up?
For example, if the earth burns up and a new one is created, then what happened to the city where Jesus will be seated on a certain throne of David?

I think the issue with what you are thinking is that the word "new" means, ' another."

Kinda like this..
We are "new Creations", but do you look any different?
We are "in Christ", yet Christ is seated next to the Father, and you are seated there on earth looking at my text.

What we'll have do, with some of this is just wait till we meet God to find out what "new" means.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

PICJAG

Yes.
There is a New Jerusalem.
There is a Father's House that has "many mansions" in it.

When Jesus said...>"i go to prepare a place for you'"< He was telling the truth.

Reactions: jshiii and 101G

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
first thanks for the reply, second, believe
and here's the catcher to the time of the END..... listen, John 4:23 "But the hour cometh, and now is, BINGO. .... and NOW IS. that's why this Generation will not pass away. this is too easy. oh well one day one will learn.

PICJAG

"Now is" the end of the age of law!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Now is" the end of the age of law!
thanks for the reply, second, no, an end to sacarfice. remember, Hebrews 10:26 "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins," that's why we have confession.

Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

now as for the Law, it is not ended......... for only those, not in Christ will face it.... Romans 2:6 "Who will render to every man according to his deeds:"
Romans 2:7 "To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:"
Romans 2:8 "But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,"
Romans 2:9 "Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;"
Romans 2:10 "But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:"
Romans 2:11 "For there is no respect of persons with God."
Romans 2:12 "For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;"
Romans 2:13 "(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified."
Romans 2:14 "For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
"Romans 2:15 "Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)"

but those in Christ, whom he has fulfiled, listen, Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers," 1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

so, the law is in effect to those outside the of Christ.

PICJAG

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As one reads the bible they find that the only place that God would speak to his people was through the Holy of Holies. The high priest was the only one allowed to enter. This was also the only place where Heaven (God) and earth (man) came together and that just happens to be in the garden of Eden.

The temple was destroyed in 70AD.

Today we, Christians, are the temple of God.
God is not heaven ( His domain) and man is not earth.
The Holy of Holies was destroyed the moment Jesus died. The temple of God was empty. We became the temple of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.
In Matthew 24, the disciples asked Jesus a two-part loaded question. The destruction of the physical Temple happened in 70 AD was one part and the other part, His Second Coming which dealt with a different generation. Jesus went back and forth speaking of two different time periods. However, one could think of the Christian generation as including the entire body throughout the wages, but I think He was describing a future generation. Many of the descriptions and signs that He gave that would alert us to His Coming would appear to have occurred throughout the the ages: pestilence, wars, earthquakes, famines, etc. But there is one sign He pointed to that has never happened in previous centuries, verse 14: "And thus gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness into all nations; and then shall the end come."
That just recently happened. No other generation could have claimed that. And besides so much of scripture speaks of a Judgement Day, a Great Tribulation period that effects the entire world, not just a small city! "For the coming if the Son Of Man will be just like the days of Noah." Vs. 37
We can also say that Jesus did not return as the angles described he would - just as He ascended in the clouds so shall He return in like manner.
Many would also claim that most of the events from Revelation 6-22 have not happened yet. I think the Rider of the White Horse has arrived. The Antichrist brought a crown (coronavirus) with him And a bow and went out to conquer the world. With all the lies, deception, fear and control surrounding this epidemic, it cannot be anything other than diabolical.
70AD was small change to what is coming.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
God is not heaven ( His domain) and man is not earth.
The Holy of Holies was destroyed the moment Jesus died. The temple of God was empty. We became the temple of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.
In Matthew 24, the disciples asked Jesus a two-part loaded question. The destruction of the physical Temple happened in 70 AD was one part and the other part, His Second Coming which dealt with a different generation. Jesus went back and forth speaking of two different time periods. However, one could think of the Christian generation as including the entire body throughout the wages, but I think He was describing a future generation. Many of the descriptions and signs that He gave that would alert us to His Coming would appear to have occurred throughout the the ages: pestilence, wars, earthquakes, famines, etc. But there is one sign He pointed to that has never happened in previous centuries, verse 14: "And thus gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness into all nations; and then shall the end come."
That just recently happened. No other generation could have claimed that. And besides so much of scripture speaks of a Judgement Day, a Great Tribulation period that effects the entire world, not just a small city! "For the coming if the Son Of Man will be just like the days of Noah." Vs. 37
We can also say that Jesus did not return as the angles described he would - just as He ascended in the clouds so shall He return in like manner.
Many would also claim that most of the events from Revelation 6-22 have not happened yet. I think the Rider of the White Horse has arrived. The Antichrist brought a crown (coronavirus) with him And a bow and went out to conquer the world. With all the lies, deception, fear and control surrounding this epidemic, it cannot be anything other than diabolical.
70AD was small change to what is coming.
The Old Testament dealt with the place where God and man would come together. The man, High Priest, was the only one that could enter into the Holy of Holies.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Old Testament dealt with the place where God and man would come together. The man, High Priest, was the only one that could enter into the Holy of Holies.
That's true. But at the end of the Bible it talks about the former things (first heavens and earth) will pass away.
"Then I saw a great white throne and Him who was seated on it. From His presence earth and sky fled away and no place was found for them. Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, New Jeusalem, coming down out of heaven from God ... Rev. 20:11; 22:1, 2
Vs. 5 states "I am making everything new!"
Vs. 11-23 describe a city with streets of gold, pearlyy gates, foundations and walls of precious stones - nothing light anything in this planet. The size is huge 1400 miles x 1400 miles x 1400 miles. There is no sun or moon anymore.
"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, on which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; noth the earth and the wirjs that are in it will ne burned up." 2 Peter 3:10

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
That's true. But at the end of the Bible it talks about the former things (first heavens and earth) will pass away.
"Then I saw a great white throne and Him who was seated on it. From His presence earth and sky fled away and no place was found for them. Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, New Jeusalem, coming down out of heaven from God ... Rev. 20:11; 22:1, 2
Vs. 5 states "I am making everything new!"
Vs. 11-23 describe a city with streets of gold, pearlyy gates, foundations and walls of precious stones - nothing light anything in this planet. The size is huge 1400 miles x 1400 miles x 1400 miles. There is no sun or moon anymore.
"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, on which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; noth the earth and the wirjs that are in it will ne burned up." 2 Peter 3:10
The old and the new, that is what it is all about!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers," 1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

so, the law is in effect to those outside the of Christ.

The law was made for sinners; including those who proclaim these days that "I am a sinner saved by grace."

Such people are under the law; for the law was made for them; because they are sinners.