Hello Everyone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

katabole

Nov 11, 2010
The true North
Hi all. Good to see so many fellow Christians! I've been a Christian all of my life, was raised as a Catholic but over the last 17 years have been a member of a non- denominational church that is dynamic and growing. I love God's Word and try to read the Bible daily. Though I do study the Bible, I really try and read the Bible for pleasure most days. I use a number of tools to help me understand the Word, including Smith's Bible Dictionary, the Masorrah and Appendices of the Companion Bible. I use a number of Bibles, including Green's Interlinear so I can understand the Word from the Hebrew, Chaldean (Syric) and Greek languages. I like Moffat's Bible because of the excellent work he did on figures of speech but I mainly use the KJV because I found that although newer translations are easier to read in the English language, the KJV is closest in translation to the original manuscripts of the Textus Receptus. God bless you and thank you for creating this forum where Christians can discuss matters of our faith. Ron.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to Christianity Board, Ron! It sounds like we might have a similar background in our studying. I can't say I was ever Catholic, though. ;)

What's your favorite verse? I begun using the newer translations (ESV, HCSB, NASB, etc.) more as of late, but my heart will always have a soft spot for the KJV and of course it will always remain a study tool. I just find the verses are much more memorable and poetic, a quality that God's Word surely has when it comes to the original languages.

katabole

Nov 11, 2010
The true North
Hi HammerStone. Can't say that I have a favorite verse, but Psalm 27:4 I will probably have placed on my tombstone someday LoL. It gives me a great deal of hope for the future and what could be greater to sit in councel with the Almighty. Maybe Zeph 3:8 because it is the only verse in the Bible that contains all the letters of the Hebrew alphabet including the five silent letters. Nice to meet you.:)