Hello from Utah!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fether

Jan 2, 2022
Utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't just decide because of the little I know about the Church of Christ of Latter Day Saint's, it was apart of my research leading me out of the Mormon belief system that I followed for year's.
Oh good so you should know that the church says about this since you did research. Why did you ask then?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't just decide because of the little I know about the Church of Christ of Latter Day Saint's, it was apart of my research leading me out of the Mormon belief system that I followed for year's.
Oh good so you should know that the church says about this since you did research. Why did you ask then?
Hi @I.O.U , I agree with the previous posters that a "welcome" thread isn't a good place to have these conversations. If you want, @Fether gave you some good links, or I'd be happy to answer questions myself via PM. I'm an active member of the Church of the Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, nicknamed "Mormon".

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Hi @I.O.U , I agree with the previous posters that a "welcome" thread isn't a good place to have these conversations. If you want, @Fether gave you some good links, or I'd be happy to answer questions myself via PM. I'm an active member of the Church of the Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, nicknamed "Mormon".
WWJD?

Fether

Jan 2, 2022
Utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean by, that I asked?
You told me you did research on all these topics and decided to leave the church… yet here you are asking a question you said you already studied about.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You told me you did research on all these topics and decided to leave the church… yet here you are asking a question you said you already studied about.
I asked you a direct question. (I didn't ask me a question for you)

Fether

Jan 2, 2022
Utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked you a direct question. (I didn't ask me a question for you)
yep! Then I answered that question and asked you a question… I believe this is called a conversation.

Reactions: Rita

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
yep! Then I answered that question and asked you a question… I believe this is called a conversation.
You will have to wait after tomorrow when I am free to sort over the information you provided in those links.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey everyone!

I’ll be popping in and out as often as I need. I have a ton of questions for my Protestant friends and I don’t really have any place to go with those questions. I also love the spirit Protestants carry with them and their passionate love for Christ. I hope to learn a lot here.

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (or Mormon) in the heart of Utah so I dont have a lot of exposure to Christians that are not Mormon. I have tried hopping on A couple different Christian forums now but many of them have strict rules saying I couldn’t participate because I wasn’t their definition of a Christian. We consider ourselves to be Christian, but acknowledge there is a line of people who are ready to tell me otherwise.

I understand keeping a community of faithful members is important and should moderators feel they don’t want me here, I get it .

I’m not here seeking to convert anyone, I just want to further understand the Protestant faiths and their views on the gospel. Should anyone want to debate or discuss in detail my faith, I’ll respect all rules and keep those conversations to the apologetics and debate sections of the forum.
Howdy. Welcome to the forum. Actually, the Mormon church and all other Christian churches that have disobeyed Acts 2:38 are equally wrong and not the body of Christ. All Acts skippers are brethren from the same mother(RCC).

All Acts skippers have this in common, no matter what twist their denominations add.

Fether

Jan 2, 2022
Utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Howdy. Welcome to the forum. Actually, the Mormon church and all other Christian churches that have disobeyed Acts 2:38 are equally wrong and not the body of Christ. All Acts skippers are brethren from the same mother(RCC).

All Acts skippers have this in common, no matter what twist their denominations add.

the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints practices repentance, baptism and confirmation of the Holy Ghost. What specific requirements do you put on acts 2:38 to suggest that our church doesn’t meet the requirements? Why exactly do you claim us to be “acts skippers”?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The Book of Mormon and the Origin of Native Americans from a Maternally Inherited DNA Standpoint - FAIR
(This information is LDS apologetics)

DNA and the Book of Mormon - FAIR

Book of Mormon and DNA Studies
(This information is by a LDS defender)

DNA - The CES Letter: A Closer Look
(This information verifies Native Americans do have a different DNA linage; contradicting the accounts of the BOM. A snippet "In order to imply that DNA studies contradict the claims of the Book of Mormon, critics embrace extremely narrow interpretations of the Book of Mormon text that are not justified. The criticisms break down when the the claims are placed in an historical setting")

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome Fether. Gods Blessings upon you to find what you seek.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Mormon and the Origin of Native Americans from a Maternally Inherited DNA Standpoint - FAIR

DNA and the Book of Mormon - FAIR

Book of Mormon and DNA Studies
(This information is by a LDS defender)

DNA - The CES Letter: A Closer Look
(This information verifies Native Americans do have a different DNA linage; contradicting the accounts of the BOM. A snippet "In order to imply that DNA studies contradict the claims of the Book of Mormon, critics embrace extremely narrow interpretations of the Book of Mormon text that are not justified. The criticisms break down when the the claims are placed in an historical setting")
Rather than going through studies and having a thoughtful conversation you just defer to what one anti group says.

Well, whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The source you deferred to, the CES Letter, is very anti-“Mormon “. Biases exist everywhere.
According to Biblical theology. Mormon is not a real Angel: Here's why.

Galatians 1:8
8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Biblical theology. Mormon is not a real Angel: Here's why.

Galatians 1:8
8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!
And rather than address the point at hand, you an atheist, quote the Bible. It’s not even with answering.

I’m sorry, but the overwhelming amount of evidence hear points to you just trolling. Have a nice day.