Hello

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sharla

Jan 27, 2011
Earth
My name is Sharla, I am excited to be here on the forum. I can't seem to get any days off for church so I was thinking perhaps this would be a better option. I hope for a good experience here on this forum. I want to talk to a pastor about certain questions and thoughts I have. But everyone seems to be too busy at my church and I do not want to be a burden. I think what I am really seeking is a deeper relationship with God, and certain curiosities I may have I want to talk about them. I do not have doubts, just want to have a better understanding of God's word and His path for me to live in. I hope I do not offend anyone, But I decided to participate in Lent and give up the blackberry for Lent by using a plain cell phone. :lol:

So far so good! But anyways, it's nice to meet you all, I hope I can make some new friends here on the forum. I feel like I need some brothers and sisters of Christ.

Thanks
Sharla

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the community, Sharla. I urge you to use caution, patience and wisdom in an environment like this, but you are always more than welcome here. I hope God speaks to you through this community and elsewhere.

Sometimes giving up the distractions can work wonders. I gave up sweet tea and news media for 21 days last year and those were 21 great days. Fasting is not always about food, there are a myriad of other things distracting us out there. Your relationship will bear much fruit with the extra work. He's always willing to speak to a listening heart.

Sharla

Jan 27, 2011
Earth
Welcome to the community, Sharla. I urge you to use caution, patience and wisdom in an environment like this, but you are always more than welcome here. I hope God speaks to you through this community and elsewhere.

Sometimes giving up the distractions can work wonders. I gave up sweet tea and news media for 21 days last year and those were 21 great days. Fasting is not always about food, there are a myriad of other things distracting us out there. Your relationship will bear much fruit with the extra work. He's always willing to speak to a listening heart.

I am going to learn a lot from this forum. Thanks Hammerstone

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
Land of the Long White Cloud
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
 Hi Sharla!

I'm in the same predicament. Not being able to fellowship because of work responsibilities can be tough. :huh:

That is why I have been searching for my people on-line and hopefully I have found them right here... :)

Nice to meet you!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome Angelina, we're glad to have you as well!

I do hope we can provide a place for you to fellowship. Are there any churches where you two might can find something in the evening? I know sometimes tradition limits when the services are scheduled for and I know how evenings can be, but just a thought. (Besides, your evenings might not be the typical evenings.) :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
Land of the Long White Cloud
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Welcome Angelina, we're glad to have you as well!

I do hope we can provide a place for you to fellowship. Are there any churches where you two might can find something in the evening? I know sometimes tradition limits when the services are scheduled for and I know how evenings can be, but just a thought. (Besides, your evenings might not be the typical evenings.) :)

Hi Hammerstone!

I'm so sorry, I did not see your post till now. On Sunday evenings, I am on-air ( Christian radio)...so I guess that that idea is out unless someone in my area comes up with a Saturday get together.  :)

I'll give an intro real soon...sorry for high jacking your thread Sharla...

Bless you sis!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God bless you all. Good to see some pleasant posters on this board! All of you are very much welcome... God's Blessings!

I work about seven days a week, sometimes twelve hours a day. My Grandmother who took me in as a teenager passed away last year so I have been dealing with a lot of changes. My church is having trouble finding a pastor and the guy we have now has weeks to live. I have got a web site in which I have(for my own good) a lot of faith teachings...

http://www.youtube.com/rockytopva

I also pray along with the Bible Broadcasting Network everyday at 1:15 PM, and at 4:00 AM (EST) so if any would like to call in prayer requests I normally will give them a "Father, undertake these needs in the name of Jesus!"

http://bbnradio.org/

Keeping good things in the ears!

Blessings in Christ Jesus!

rockytopva