Hello!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you sharing the photo. I suppose in hotter climates there is an increased chance of thunderstorms.

The temperatures are now rising here, the forecast is saying we should have about 9 degrees today which I am looking forward to. If there is one good think about this country; the snow never lasts that long - the rain however is another story entirely!

You're right; May - August are our hotter months, however I am away in June to Spain so it doesn't bother me too much. :cool:

Awwww rain will melt the poor snow haha. I heard it rains, rains and rains a lot in the UK. Have you ever been skiing or snowboarding in the Scottish highlands? I guess the crowds wouldn't be as big there, since many go to the big ski resorts in Italy and France. It gets really crowded on the weekends in the ski resorts here in Australia during Winter.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you sharing the photo. I suppose in hotter climates there is an increased chance of thunderstorms.

The temperatures are now rising here, the forecast is saying we should have about 9 degrees today which I am looking forward to. If there is one good think about this country; the snow never lasts that long - the rain however is another story entirely!

You're right; May - August are our hotter months, however I am away in June to Spain so it doesn't bother me too much. :cool:

GP,

Sadly, plenty of hot humidity also helps with the build-up of storms. The outback does not experience storms like we do on the tropical and sub-tropical coasts because of the lack of humidity. That's not the only factor.

However, some good falls have now been experienced in the outback of NW Qld in recent days. Please take a read of this link of the wet coming to the parched outback.

Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Awwww rain will melt the poor snow haha. I heard it rains, rains and rains a lot in the UK. Have you ever been skiing or snowboarding in the Scottish highlands? I guess the crowds wouldn't be as big there, since many go to the big ski resorts in Italy and France. It gets really crowded on the weekends in the ski resorts here in Australia during Winter.

Josho,

This is the kind of skiing we do in Queensland:

upload_2018-3-5_22-29-22.jpeg

Oz

Reactions: Josho

GuidedPath

Mar 2, 2018
Chesterfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
GP,

Sadly, plenty of hot humidity also helps with the build-up of storms. The outback does not experience storms like we do on the tropical and sub-tropical coasts because of the lack of humidity. That's not the only factor.

However, some good falls have now been experienced in the outback of NW Qld in recent days. Please take a read of this link of the wet coming to the parched outback.

Oz
Thank you for sharing the article; I'm so pleased for the residents who have the rain - the Lord always provides. I imagine it is remarkably difficult to live in a climate that is prone to heavy draught.

GuidedPath

Mar 2, 2018
Chesterfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We have a lot of rain here yes, however not as much as the movies portray.
I haven't been skiing in Scotland; actually I've never been to Scotland but I intend to. I have though been skiing in Tignes in France; I enjoyed it and would like to go again at some point.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for sharing the article; I'm so pleased for the residents who have the rain - the Lord always provides. I imagine it is remarkably difficult to live in a climate that is prone to heavy draught.

GP,

Most of these people love the outback, otherwise they wouldn't stay through droughts that go on for years. This is currently what is happening in drought-stricken NW Qld,

This is what is happening out west right now:
r0_269_4032_2536_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Two-year-old April Batt and her four-year-old sister Daisy Batt were nearly as happy as their parents when the creeks started to run muddy water at Hillview, Muttaburra after 50mm of rain on Saturday night. Photo by Ian Batt.

What a delight it is to see so much rain. I pray that they will give thanks to the Lord for sending it. I'll be surprised if that happens.

Oz

Reactions: GuidedPath

GuidedPath

Mar 2, 2018
Chesterfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
GP,

Most of these people love the outback, otherwise they wouldn't stay through droughts that go on for years. This is currently what is happening in drought-stricken NW Qld,

This is what is happening out west right now:
r0_269_4032_2536_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Two-year-old April Batt and her four-year-old sister Daisy Batt were nearly as happy as their parents when the creeks started to run muddy water at Hillview, Muttaburra after 50mm of rain on Saturday night. Photo by Ian Batt.

What a delight it is to see so much rain. I pray that they will give thanks to the Lord for sending it. I'll be surprised if that happens.

Oz
Thank you for sharing the image.
The Lord watches over all of His children whether they follow Him or not.