Help from God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been working on a theory for about 7 years, and I wanted to be guided by God in doing that so it was a good work of someone that had faith in God instead of some godless person. I learned some things about how God works.

If I prayed to God for solutions to problems I encountered and listened for answers I got a lot of false answers and a lot of misguided solutions. But if I put my nose to the grind stone and just worked on the problems I often was subconsciously guided to intelligent answers.

When I used to work for a living I found God helped me a lot. And he didn't tell me what to do or offer advice. He worked behind the scenes and thru others to help me to survive.

What have you learned about getting help from God in your life?

Reactions: Wynona and Pearl

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do have to say that I was give direction from God once. He spoke to me and told me to see a doctor. And when I saw the doctor I was diagnosed with schizophrenia. And my life has improved thru medication. I no longer snap at people and am more tolerant in social situations. But that has been a one time situation in 50+ years of my life.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've been working on a theory for about 7 years, and I wanted to be guided by God in doing that so it was a good work of someone that had faith in God instead of some godless person. I learned some things about how God works.

If I prayed to God for solutions to problems I encountered and listened for answers I got a lot of false answers and a lot of misguided solutions. But if I put my nose to the grind stone and just worked on the problems I often was subconsciously guided to intelligent answers.

When I used to work for a living I found God helped me a lot. And he didn't tell me what to do or offer advice. He worked behind the scenes and thru others to help me to survive.

What have you learned about getting help from God in your life?
I was told very early in my Christian life that God cares about everything in our lives even the little and seemingly unimportant - just as a loving human father would.

I have prayed when something is lost, from needles dropped from my sewing to keys - mine and others - which were lost outside and I found them. If I can't remember something I ask him. Those are some of the little things but also many big things too which have been answered in a variety of ways, such as a specific bible verse, change of circumstance, unexpected financial gain. I know if I need it God will provide it.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe instead of saying God worked subconsciously I should have said that he provides inspiration. I think the spirit of understanding (knowledge and wisdom) has visited me many times while theorizing and working at a job and has blessed me much. Thanks be to God for his mercy and love.

Reactions: Wynona and Pearl

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've learned through all the meals, restoration of relationships, mental peace, and countless other blessings that God really is a loving Father.

I keep waiting for some sort of calamity to strike. But no bad circumstance can really take me out of His love when I abide in Him. The goodness of the Lord is overwhelming.

Reactions: Pearl and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've learned through all the meals, restoration of relationships, mental peace, and countless other blessings that God really is a loving Father.

I keep waiting for some sort of calamity to strike. But no bad circumstance can really take me out of His love when I abide in Him. The goodness of the Lord is overwhelming.
When I turned to God in 1997 I thought it was all going to be blessings and prosperity. And it was for years. But then due to a serious of unfortunate events I was struck down. And I never fully got back up. I'm still working on it. I don't think that has to happen and it was just unfortunate.

But I still love God. And my life has been restored quite a bit. I look forward to the future, and I hope God will always be there.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When I turned to God in 1997 I thought it was all going to be blessings and prosperity. And it was for years. But then due to a serious of unfortunate events I was struck down. And I never fully got back up. I'm still working on it. I don't think that has to happen and it was just unfortunate.

But I still love God. And my life has been restored quite a bit. I look forward to the future, and I hope God will always be there.
We all have our individual journeys but like Paul we should learn to be content whatever the circumstances. Many years ago I saw on TV a report from a deprived area in one of the African countries where many adults were dying from AIDS and was moved by the plight of an old lady called Agnes who was bringing up her grandchildren whose parents had succumbed to that terrible disease. She had virtually no possessions and lived with the children in one tiny dwelling when asked how she coped she stated that it was because Jesus was her Lord and he helped her.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all have our individual journeys but like Paul we should learn to be content whatever the circumstances. Many years ago I saw on TV a report from a deprived area in one of the African countries where many adults were dying from AIDS and was moved by the plight of an old lady called Agnes who was bringing up her grandchildren whose parents had succumbed to that terrible disease. She had virtually no possessions and lived with the children in one tiny dwelling when asked how she coped she stated that it was because Jesus was her Lord and he helped her.
Well, I've been low, suffered terrible physical pain from a bad surgery and back cramps that were paralyzing. I have been homeless and suffered extreme weather conditions and been thrown in jail when I was homeless because of standing on private property under an eve in the rain. It was considered trespassing onto business property after hours. And I have to say, although I hate jail, it was a relief from the cold weather conditions and a daily meal. The company wasn't so great though.

And after all of that I am better now, the surgery has healed, I am taken care of now and no longer homeless and have much to be thankful for. God really has taken care of me in these last days. I should feel loved and sometimes I do. But not all the time. I can be kind of a rascal I think. But I'm trying :)

Reactions: Pearl and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In my heart, I believe God wants to fully restore you. I believe He wants you to be fulfilled and have purpose.

I can't pretend to understand the reason why you were struck with misfortune. I just know that knowing God is the greatest blessing. If I started missing meals, if my husband left or died, if I fell into mental illness again, the greatest thing would still be knowing the Lord and perhaps knowing him even more in that time.

Habakkuk 3:17-18

Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—
18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I've been low, suffered terrible physical pain from a bad surgery and back cramps that were paralyzing. I have been homeless and suffered extreme weather conditions and been thrown in jail when I was homeless because of standing on private property under an eve in the rain. It was considered trespassing onto business property after hours. And I have to say, although I hate jail, it was a relief from the cold weather conditions and a daily meal. The company wasn't so great though.

And after all of that I am better now, the surgery has healed, I am taken care of now and no longer homeless and have much to be thankful for. God really has taken care of me in these last days. I should feel loved and sometimes I do. But not all the time. I can be kind of a rascal I think. But I'm trying :)

The things you've gone through and suffered are the very things that equip you to help and encourage others.

1 Corinthians 1:27

27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my heart, I believe God wants to fully restore you. I believe He wants you to be fulfilled and have purpose.

I can't pretend to understand the reason why you were struck with misfortune. I just know that knowing God is the greatest blessing. If I started missing meals, if my husband left or died, if I fell into mental illness again, the greatest thing would still be knowing the Lord and perhaps knowing him even more in that time.

Habakkuk 3:17-18

Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—
18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.
Well I'm living with a mental illness. Some religions believe people with mental illness automatically go to heaven. I don't know if that is true, but I sometimes hang onto that idea and it makes me feel better. I'll skip my life story as it was kind of terrible at times. Today I'm happy. I got to feel the Lords spirit today and that makes it all better.

Reactions: Pearl and Wynona