Help Me Understand About King and Prince Tyre In Ezekiel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did mention it was Hiram in my opening post, but was just shortening the phrasing. In my ESV bible it says "king of Tyre," not Hiram, so in any case, I get what you're saying. As far as the fallen angel, I was only speaking of Hiram (king of Tyre). Was he not a fallen angel that was cast out of God's place and burned to ashes?

Fallen angels cannot die. They were never in a terrestrial state to die in. The second death is an eternal death in the lake of fire and so in that sense, they do not really die there in their fallen celestial state either.

Speaking of kings, what actually happened to king David? Some things I've looked up in the bible about him are confusing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Peter or one of the other apostles write that king David did not ascend into heaven? However, there seems to be some controversy from what I've looked up about whether anyone gets immediately gets judged and goes to heaven upon death. I was reading some passages that suggest there is sort of an intermediate area called Abraham's Busom or something, I haven't memorized many things yet, so could it be that David was sent there because he would be forgiven?

1 Samuel 28th chapter at this link shows where the O.T. saints were waiting as Jesus describes it as Abraham's bosom in a parable and yet on teh cross, He addressed it as Paradise where He would meet one of the thieves there that day. The reference at that link has King Saul sinning against God by asking a medium to call up the spirit of the prophet Saul from beneath the earth.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Samuel+28&version=KJV

So Abraham's bosom as being across that great chasm or gulf from hell was beneath the earth, but after His resurrection, in leading the captivity captive, Paradise is in the third Heaven.

2 Corinthians 12:1It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord. 2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) 4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

I believe Paul was referring to the apostle John from the event which he had written the Book of Revelations from as led by the Lord to do.

I understand that, and pardon me for the term "mis-translation," but from what I've read, it's only used in the King James version which uses it. I read it was translated with a Latin term that fit closest to the Hebrew word, so apparently wasn't the best choice of words to use. That's all I know, but like I said, I'm saying nothing here with any authority or qualification. Just mentioned it to convey that in researching this subject, it seems that people who are supposed to be highly knowledgeable theologians seem to have their own spin on things which further confuses the subject.

Just sharing what I believe why Lucifer was added was to clarify the morning star as written in that verse.

Yes, the Garden of Eden was another interesting aspect of Ezekiel that I mentioned. First of all, it seems it must not have been destroyed by the great flood because wasn't Noah's era like 2000 years before Hiram I? If Adam and Even were kicked out, then later on Hiram kicked out, then who still dwells in the Garden of Eden with God? It would seem that the Garden of Eden still exists, or is there somewhere in the bible that says it's no more? If the flood wiped out all living things, then that wouldn't mean that it would have wiped out Eden because after Adam and Eve, only God and angels could be there correct?

I believe it was a reference to metaphorically show the closeness of God with Hiram in the post flood world with the earlier time as it was in the Garden of Eden with God in walking with Adam and Eve. I do not believe it was meant to convey that Hiram was there in Eden, but how close God was with Hiram until iniquity was found in him.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite the opposite. It was always about Satan. You must have missed my first post in this thread. Here is what I said:

"Ezekiel 28:1-19 (King of Tyre) and Isaiah 14:4-20 (King of Babylon) are complementary and should be studied together. Some of the verses pertain to Satan (formerly Lucifer) while others pertain to these human kings. Therefore it would be reasonable to conclude that (a) these kings were possessed by Satan and displayed his attributes, and (b) therefore they are types of Satan, while Satan is being addressed through them. Just as Satan (a spirit being) possessed (entered into) Judas Iscariot, he entered into these men."

That is plausible, but so as to not confuse the issue, no man even when being possessed by Satan could achieve such an idle boast, and it is the dile boast made in his heart that God did find iniquity by.

Satan cannot boast of ascending if that was the supposed time Satan was cast down from it afterwards, right?

When you check with Revelations, he is still in heaven accusing the brethren, until the pre great rapture comes, and the doors are sgut and he is cast out, knowing his time is short.

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Thus the coming great tribulation after that calamity of fire that destroys one third of the earth But the new inhabitants of Heaven received by the Bridegroom shall rejoice and attend the Marriage Supper behind closed doors until the King of kings returns with the pre great trib raptured saints..

So may those with His seal, even former believers, heed the call to depart from iniquity before the Bridegroom comes;

2 Timothy 218 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many avoid delving into the deeper portions of the Bible, well, simply because it is truly "over their heads" or they are unwilling to study so intensely, lacking the willpower. But Jesus said to Satan: "Man must live, not on bread alone (or just simple Scriptural matters), but on every word that comes from Jehovah's mouth (reaching deeply into the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation)".(Matt 4:4)

Hence, true Christians dig deeply into the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, not having the view that many have, that the Hebrew Scriptures (inaccurately called the "Old Testament") should be left alone, for unless a person understands the Hebrew Scriptures, then they will have no firm grasp on the Christian Greek Scriptures (inaccurately called "the New Testament"), for the Bible is all one book, not divided like political parties.

During the reign of Israelite king David (reigned 1077-1038 B.C.E.), Tyrian king Hiram and David were agreeable friends. After David had won the battle for Jerusalem over the Jebusites, he set about to build his palace on the site (later called "the city of David", 2 Sam 5:7).

Hiram then sent messengers to make a trade treaty between them. He then supplied David with cedar timbers from the western slopes of Lebanon as well as skilled craftsmen of wood and stone.(2 Sam 5:11; 1 Chron 14:1)

This friendship went on down to king Solomon's reign (1037-998 B.C.E.), with Solomon enlisting Hiram's help over 40 years later with materials and skilled workers (of which one man was named Hiram (half-Israelite) who was very skilled in working with copper, 1 Kings 7:13, 14) for the temple in Jerusalem in exchange for large quantities of wheat (20,000 cor measures [a cor measure was 58.1 gallons) or 1.16 million gallons], barley [20,000 cor measures or 1.16 million gallons], wine [20,000 baths (a bath was 5.81 gallons) or 116,000 gallons] and oil [116,000 gallons] (1 Kings 5:2-6, 2 Chron 2:3-10), along with 20 cities.(1 Kings 9:10-13)

As time passed, Tyre became one of the great sea powers of the ancient world, and Tyre's mariners and commercial fleet of "Tarshish" (or Spain at the western end of the Mediterranean Sea, see Isa 23:1) ships were famous for their voyages to faraway places with goods such as metal objects, glassware, and purple dyes (that were extracted from the Mirex trunculus sea snail), dealing with both David and Solomon on strictly a commercial basis, not a religious one, for they were not interested in the worship of Jehovah God.

Racially they were Canaanites (who practiced depraved sex worship), and religiously they practiced a form of Baal worship, a god of agriculture and fertility. Their chief gods were Melkart and Astarte (or Ashtoreth, a sex goddess).

Remember, it was Sidonian (that included Tyre under its rulership) king Ethbaal's daughter Jezebel that married Israelite king Ahab (reigned about 940-919 B.C.E.). But moving forward some 500 years from the time of David, Tyre was no longer friendly with the Israelites, having become their enemy and haughty.

Tyre developed industrially and commercially, and along with their great riches came conceit and extreme pride, hubris. Her merchants and tradesmen boasted of being princes and honorable ones of the earth.(Isa 23:8) At Isaiah 23:9, it stated of Tyre that "Jehovah of armies himself has decided this, to profane her pride over all her beauty (pulling them off their "high horse"), to humiliate all those who were honored throughout the earth".

And why ? Because Tyre developed a defiant attitude of opposition to Jehovah God and conspired with neighboring nations against God's people, the Israelites.(Ps 83:2-8) So, it was Tyre's bold defiance of Jehovah that eventually brought about her adverse judgment, downfall and destruction from Jehovah, first being decimated (according to Josephus, a siege that lasted 13 years) by Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar (reigned 624-582 B.C.E.) and then Tyre's complete eradication by Grecian king Alexander the Great over 250 years later in 332 B.C.E.(Eze 26; see also Zech 9:2-4)

KAM

Jul 9, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many avoid delving into the deeper portions of the Bible, well, simply because it is truly "over their heads" or they are unwilling to study so intensely, lacking the willpower. But Jesus said to Satan: "Man must live, not on bread alone (or just simple Scriptural matters), but on every word that comes from Jehovah's mouth (reaching deeply into the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation)".(Matt 4:4)

Hence, true Christians dig deeply into the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, not having the view that many have, that the Hebrew Scriptures (inaccurately called the "Old Testament") should be left alone, for unless a person understands the Hebrew Scriptures, then they will have no firm grasp on the Christian Greek Scriptures (inaccurately called "the New Testament"), for the Bible is all one book, not divided like political parties.

During the reign of Israelite king David (reigned 1077-1038 B.C.E.), Tyrian king Hiram and David were agreeable friends. After David had won the battle for Jerusalem over the Jebusites, he set about to build his palace on the site (later called "the city of David", 2 Sam 5:7).

Hiram then sent messengers to make a trade treaty between them. He then supplied David with cedar timbers from the western slopes of Lebanon as well as skilled craftsmen of wood and stone.(2 Sam 5:11; 1 Chron 14:1)

This friendship went on down to king Solomon's reign (1037-998 B.C.E.), with Solomon enlisting Hiram's help over 40 years later with materials and skilled workers (of which one man was named Hiram (half-Israelite) who was very skilled in working with copper, 1 Kings 7:13, 14) for the temple in Jerusalem in exchange for large quantities of wheat (20,000 cor measures [a cor measure was 58.1 gallons) or 1.16 million gallons], barley [20,000 cor measures or 1.16 million gallons], wine [20,000 baths (a bath was 5.81 gallons) or 116,000 gallons] and oil [116,000 gallons] (1 Kings 5:2-6, 2 Chron 2:3-10), along with 20 cities.(1 Kings 9:10-13)

As time passed, Tyre became one of the great sea powers of the ancient world, and Tyre's mariners and commercial fleet of "Tarshish" (or Spain at the western end of the Mediterranean Sea, see Isa 23:1) ships were famous for their voyages to faraway places with goods such as metal objects, glassware, and purple dyes (that were extracted from the Mirex trunculus sea snail), dealing with both David and Solomon on strictly a commercial basis, not a religious one, for they were not interested in the worship of Jehovah God.

Racially they were Canaanites (who practiced depraved sex worship), and religiously they practiced a form of Baal worship, a god of agriculture and fertility. Their chief gods were Melkart and Astarte (or Ashtoreth, a sex goddess).

Remember, it was Sidonian (that included Tyre under its rulership) king Ethbaal's daughter Jezebel that married Israelite king Ahab (reigned about 940-919 B.C.E.). But moving forward some 500 years from the time of David, Tyre was no longer friendly with the Israelites, having become their enemy and haughty.

Tyre developed industrially and commercially, and along with their great riches came conceit and extreme pride, hubris. Her merchants and tradesmen boasted of being princes and honorable ones of the earth.(Isa 23:8) At Isaiah 23:9, it stated of Tyre that "Jehovah of armies himself has decided this, to profane her pride over all her beauty (pulling them off their "high horse"), to humiliate all those who were honored throughout the earth".

And why ? Because Tyre developed a defiant attitude of opposition to Jehovah God and conspired with neighboring nations against God's people, the Israelites.(Ps 83:2-8) So, it was Tyre's bold defiance of Jehovah that eventually brought about her adverse judgment, downfall and destruction from Jehovah, first being decimated (according to Josephus, a siege that lasted 13 years) by Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar (reigned 624-582 B.C.E.) and then Tyre's complete eradication by Grecian king Alexander the Great over 250 years later in 332 B.C.E.(Eze 26; see also Zech 9:2-4)

Thank you. I appreciate this explanation very much. I found an ESV archaeological study bible at the bookstore and thought it might help visualize things and get a better picture of the times. Your post has convinced me to buy it. By the way, could you please explain the Lamentation of King Tyre and why he's described like an angel yet the prince of Tyre was described as only a man?

Another curious thing is, well, it's my understanding that Canaanites (I think I read somewhere that they descended from Ham) still bore people with Nephilim genes. Therefore, there were (and may still be) giants roaming the earth. In Numbers 13:32 it says "The land, through which we have gone to spy it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants, and all the people that we saw in it are of great height. 33 And there we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak, who come from the Nephilim), and we seemed to ourselves like grasshoppers, and so we seemed to them."

Not that I think there's any relation, but that came to mind for whatever reason when asking you about Tyre. Anyway, I appreciate your insight and will look forward to hearing back from you on this. Thanks.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When you check with Revelations, he is still in heaven accusing the brethren,
That Satan is still in God's Heaven is a misconception, since nothing evil can be present in Heaven. So while Revelation 12 does not distinguish the three heavens, we should be clear that since God's Heaven is the "third heaven", the first heaven is the atmospheric/stratospheric heaven, and the second heaven is outer space (which is finite).

Satan is called "the prince of the power of the air", which tells us two things: (1) Lucifer and his evil angels were cast out of the 3rd heaven and into the 1st heaven ("air") when they rebelled, and (2) they exercise evil power over the kingdoms of the world through the hierarchies of evil angels mentioned in Ephesians 6.

So when we read in Revelation 12 that Satan was cast down to earth with his evil angels before the Tribulation, it is not from the 3rd heaven but from the 1st heaven.

And since Satan is a spirit being, he can still accuse the brethren to God from his place in the 1st heaven.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That Satan is still in God's Heaven is a misconception, since nothing evil can be present in Heaven. So while Revelation 12 does not distinguish the three heavens, we should be clear that since God's Heaven is the "third heaven", the first heaven is the atmospheric/stratospheric heaven, and the second heaven is outer space (which is finite).

Satan is called "the prince of the power of the air", which tells us two things: (1) Lucifer and his evil angels were cast out of the 3rd heaven and into the 1st heaven ("air") when they rebelled, and (2) they exercise evil power over the kingdoms of the world through the hierarchies of evil angels mentioned in Ephesians 6.

So when we read in Revelation 12 that Satan was cast down to earth with his evil angels before the Tribulation, it is not from the 3rd heaven but from the 1st heaven.

And since Satan is a spirit being, he can still accuse the brethren to God from his place in the 1st heaven.

Revelation testifies Satan as the accuser of our brethren; that means believers in Jesus Christ. So I believe that casting down is the after effect of the rapture for that celebration of the Bridegroom with the bride at the Marriage Supper table in Heaven so divinely, it is understandable why the devil can no longer be there spoiling the atmosphere of that celebration.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, I've been studying the bible for a little while and something has really been bugging me, so I joined this forum. I do not understand Ezekiel's orders from God in his visions about prince and king Tyre.

First, God orders him to address the prince, that he's just a man who got rich and proud, and then said he was a god though he was not. Then he tells Ezekiel to address the king, saying he was in the Garden of Eden, mountain of God, walked across fiery stones, etc., then God burned him to death in front of everyone.

Is it that king Tyre was a fallen angel that God killed? Was prince Tyre the son of a fallen angel? It says he was wiser than Daniel and that no secret was hidden from him. Then wouldn't that make him part divine, or something like the Nephilim, who had access to angelic knowledge? If so, then why would the bible say he was just a man?

Also, if Hiram king of Tyre allied with king David because he knew David was formidable, then it would logically go that king David never became as great as king Hiram? Was it because David was of manly origin and not divine origin?

By the way, what is "the pit" referred to when Ezekiel talks about prince Tyre?
Satan is personified here. No mortal man after the Flood "was in Eden, the garden of God", "walked among the stones of fire (angels)", or an of the other stuff of chapter 28.

KAM

Jul 9, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is personified here. No mortal man after the Flood "was in Eden, the garden of God", "walked among the stones of fire (angels)", or an of the other stuff of chapter 28.

How do you explain it saying that he was burned to death and was no more forever?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha! Of all the rich and wonderful things to study in the bible..that would not be top of my list. :)

Bless you...Helen
And, geneologies were actually at the bottom of mine, had you not sent that 2 minute video to me, they would still be at the bottom....no telling what pearls He left us in there. :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha! Like APAK told me the other day..."you can be feisty " :D
I don't mean to come across like that...but I must if they say so. lol

Oh phooey...if one cannot take the time to get to know people on here, they will most likely take many things wrong...you are a sweetie, who speaks her mind...you are woman, hear you roar...lol!

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many of the various peoples and nations of the past (most notably Israel) were set forth by the Lord as examples or types and many have parallel or secondary applications, (lessons and etc.), to be fulfilled.

Take for example Babylon, for centuries Bible students have observed that many of the strong expressions of the Old Testament respecting Babylon found their parallels in the New Testament, used in respect to mystic Babylon. Many of these statements of the Old Testament seem far too vivid and too strong to be applied to literal Babylon. Hence it was surmised that mystic Babylon was more particularly referred to than the literal. As Israel and Judah went into captivity to literal Babylon, so too the book of Revelation teaches that spiritual Israel would go into captivity to mystic or symbolic ‘Babylon the great, the mother of harlots’ (Rev 17:5).

Babylon is but one example, some of these not only have secondary applications but likewise both a good and bad application. Take for instance Egypt, in one type Joseph and Egypt picture the Messiah and his glorious Kingdom in another Israel pictures the Church and Egypt the world and in still another Egypt pictures Christendom while Assyria pictures the heathen or non-believing world.

In Chapter 29 of Ezekiel, Egypt pictures the world and Satan the god or prince of this world, Pharaoh King of Egypt.

Being able to properly grasp the true picture being expressed behind the scenes requires diligent study it helps likewise to have a grasp for types and anti-types, shadows and their realities and of course even then only the spiritually minded are able to properly receive the hidden lessons, the natural man only sees the surface to him the lessons of these former nations and peoples are simply historical.

However our Lord assures us that these things that happened in the past to these peoples and nations were set forth “as examples and were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.” (1 Cor. 10:11).

The same lesson is taught in regards to the city of Tyre, as there was a literal Tyre, a notoriously unholy and licentious city full of wickedness and immorality so too there is a symbolic or parallel picture of Tyre. In Chapter 26 of Ezekiel Tyre symbolically represents Babylon, typifying the kingdom of Satan.

In order to properly understand Chapter 28 of Ezekiel it would be prudent to first examine Chapters 26 and 27 so as to insure that we have the full picture. Since it is not my wish to clutter up this particular thread with an examination of these three chapters here I will simply present our (Bible Students) take on these chapters on a new thread shortly.

Last edited:

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. I appreciate this explanation very much. I found an ESV archaeological study bible at the bookstore and thought it might help visualize things and get a better picture of the times. Your post has convinced me to buy it. By the way, could you please explain the Lamentation of King Tyre and why he's described like an angel yet the prince of Tyre was described as only a man?

Another curious thing is, well, it's my understanding that Canaanites (I think I read somewhere that they descended from Ham) still bore people with Nephilim genes. Therefore, there were (and may still be) giants roaming the earth. In Numbers 13:32 it says "The land, through which we have gone to spy it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants, and all the people that we saw in it are of great height. 33 And there we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak, who come from the Nephilim), and we seemed to ourselves like grasshoppers, and so we seemed to them."

Not that I think there's any relation, but that came to mind for whatever reason when asking you about Tyre. Anyway, I appreciate your insight and will look forward to hearing back from you on this. Thanks.

What I would suggest is acquiring a Revised New World Translation (gray cover, not black) or just go to the JW website and download a PDF copy for a detailed, accurate analysis, and in which at the back, a person can see the different measurements, weights, and monies, as well many other well-laided out time lines, such as the judges and kings during Israel's existence. And yes, the wicked Canaanites descended from Ham.(Gen 10:6) And the Nephilim were the sons of materialized rebel angels, these dying during the global deluge, while their angelic fathers dematerialized and went back into the spirit realm.(Gen 6:1-4; 7:21-23; see also Jude 6, 7)

Now to make sense of Ezekiel 26-28 concerning the dynasty of kings of Tyre (a city that was about 30 miles south of Sidon on the Mediterranean sea, in what is now southern Lebanon). As expressed in my previous post, initially king Hiram of Tyre was friendly towards Israel, beginning with David and later his son, Solomon.

But because Tyre and its inhabitants were devoted to commerce and not "the truth" about Jehovah, that as it prospered and became wealthy, "she" became extremely proud, and in which the Bible book of Proverbs says this about all who are proud: "Everyone proud of heart is detestable to Jehovah. Be assured that he will not go unpunished" (Prov 16:5) as well as: "Before a crash a man's heart is lofty (or proud)".(Prov 18:12)

In exhibiting hubris or excessive pride, Tyre became defiant towards God's people of the nation of Israel (just as the Ammonites and Moabites were (who both descended from Lot, Gen 19:36-38), along with the Edomites, Eze 25:2-5, (who descended from Jacob's twin brother Edom or Esau, Gen 25:30), so that Jehovah also foretold their destruction.(Eze 25:6-14)

At Ezekiel 26, Tyre is exposed for her hatred towards the nation of Israel, in which Tyre says: "Aha ! The gateway of the peoples have been broken ! Everything will come my way, and I will become rich (see Eze 27:12-25, 33) now that she (Jerusalem) is devastated", so that "this is what the what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: ' Here I am bringing against you, O Tyre, and I will bring up many nations against you, just as the sea brings up its waves. They will destroy the walls of Tyre and tear down down her towers, and I will scrape away soil and make her a shining, bare rock. She will become a drying yard for dragnets in the midst of the sea. "For I myself have spoken", declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ' and she will become plunder for the nations. And her settlements in the countryside will be slaughtered by the sword, and people will have to know that I am Jehovah".(Eze 26:2-6)

This pointed to her destruction (or "the pit", the grave, as seen at Eze 26:20, 21 and 28:7, 8) at the hands of Nebuchadnezzar II (Eze 26:7-12), whereby at the end of a 13 year siege (and in which because of the long siege, the heads of his soldiers "became bald [due to the chafing of their helmets], and every shoulder was rubbed bare [from carrying the materials used in the construction of the siegeworks]", Eze 29:17-20), it was torn down by him and its remains or rubble were used some 250 years later by Grecian king Alexander the Great to destroy the island city in 332 B.C.E. after a seven month siege, using the ruins to build a causeway or bridge to the island city [that was built after the mainland city was decimated and was about 1/2 mile out into the Mediterranean sea from the shore of the old city; the once island city of Tyre is now occupied by the fishing village of Sur due accumulated sand cover so that this created a peninsula)] and eventually succeeded in climbing over her 150 foot high walls, having been looked to as "the praised city", as "mighty on the sea".(Eze 26:17)

At Ezekiel 27:2, it states: "This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: "O Tyre, you yourself have said, ' I am perfect in beauty' ". Hence, at Ezekiel 28:1, 2, it says: "The word of Jehovah again came to me, saying: "Son of man, tell the leader (or king) of Tyre, ' This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: "Because your heart has become haughty, you keep saying, ' I am a god. I sit on the throne of a god in the heart of the sea '. But you are only a man, not a god. Though in your heart you feel that you are a god".

The entire city was infected with hubris or excessive pride, feeling like they were a composite god, especially its king (many kings have placed themselves as "gods", wanting to be worshipped, such as the kings of Egypt [with Pharaoh being worshipped as the son of the sun-god Ra], Assyria and Nebuchadnezzar II of ancient Babylon (Dan 3) as well as the Caesar's, in which some demanded a pinch of incense on an altar for one's life to be spared as a show of loyalty; Roman Emperor Domitian [reigned 81-96 C.E.] demanded to be worshipped as a god and assumed the title Dominus et Deus noster, meaning "Our Lord and God").

The dynasty of kings of Tyre portrayed themselves as "a god" (Eze 28:6) so that Jehovah told Ezekiel: "Son of man, sing a dirge ("lamentation", King James Bible) concerning the king (or dynasty) of Tyre, and tell him, ' This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: "You were the model of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty".(Eze 28:12)

Now Jehovah parallels the course of the Tyrian lineage of kings as "Eden, the garden of God", likening it to "the anointed covering cherub" that was once "faultless" (such as during the time of David and Solomon), but "your heart became haughty because of your beauty", "corrupting its wisdom" (as it became wealthy over the succeeding centuries and thus arrogant), so that it was stripped of its beauty and reduced to ashes, as the angel that later came to be called Satan who had the responsibility of overseeing the garden of Eden, but became apostate and will be reduced to ashes.(Eze 28:13-19; Rev 20:7-10)

I will stop here for now and let you digest this.