Help:Problem with Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bondsemerson

Mar 22, 2008
Just wanted to see if anyone on here can help me,I have just got back to going to church reading my bible and preying and have said a prayer of repeatance because I backslided badly during the last 5 years drugs, Booze,Smoking,and doing lots of things that were wrong,well about 4 weeks ago,I knew I had to get back and get right with God ann confessed all this,and to be honest I am finding it no problem giving up the Drugs,Booze and Fags etc,and after I felt I was right again with God I felt great going back to church etc...Just now last week or so,I am lacking faith and sometimes have loads of doubts over all of this and get thoughts like,what if all this is nothing and is a big con,also does not help when I try to tell people at work I have turned over a new leaf and they say to me,how do you know Jesus rose from the dead werre you there etc all this then makes me doubt even more...Please help me or give me advice as I so want to get back on track,I preyed to god the other night if he is who he says he is to show me something and help me out....I am so confused at the moment I dont know what to think but at the same time have a real hunger to learn more about the bible...

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Satan always works this way he uses our flesh and the people and things of the World against us. Buck up prove to God your faith is stronger that Satans arrowsYou know faith is a matter of things believed and not seen If you dont trust he is real he will never reveal more of himself the more you learn the more you see him at work in your life Stay in his word study with us and your faith will grow he has given you the hunger for his truth Satan is giving you hunger for doubts and things of the World who you going to listen to God or Satan??

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Kriss is right,First of all I am glad you have quit those sinful ways,and you started going back to church. Now about the whole what if this is a con? Think of this what proof does anyone have against God,can you see air? But you can feel it right,same with God when I pray or am just in church,I feel God's presence no I can not see him,but neither can I see air. Secondly,how do I know Jesus died on the cross,well the fact the bible which is the one of the OLDEST HISTORICAL NON-FICTION books,it is full of truth and stories of God,and everything,it predicts events,and tell you what things you will face,and you know what I have faced a lot of what the bible says I will. For getting back on track arm yourself with the presence of God,when you are getting attacked,pray to God,read your bible. God works in amazing ways,he will get you through it just have faith! Also that HUNGER to read more of the bible which is God's word is really the hunger to find out more about God,which is great! Keep learning about God this website will help a lot,it has helped me and probably a lot more! Just remember when you fall,ask God to help pick you up!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You want some more tangiable prove the Bible is real here you goSeal FoundA stone seal bearing the name of one of the families who acted as servants in the First Temple and then returned to Jerusalem after being exiled to Babylonia has been uncovered in an archeological excavation in Jerusalem's City of David, a prominent Israeli archeologist said Wednesday. Photo: Edwin Trebels courtesy of Dr. Eilat MazarThe 2,500-year-old black stone seal, which has the name "Temech" engraved on it, was found earlier this week amid stratified debris in the excavation under way just outside the Old City walls near the Dung Gate, said archeologist Dr. Eilat Mazar, who is leading the dig. According to the Book of Nehemiah, the Temech family were servants of the First Temple and were sent into exile to Babylon following its destruction by the Babylonians in 586 BC. The family was among those who later returned to Jerusalem, the Bible recounts. RELATED 'My husband knew it was Jesus' tomb' Q&A on the Temple Mount with Dr. Eilat Mazar The seal, which was bought in Babylon and dates to 538-445 BC, portrays a common and popular cultic scene, Mazar said. The 2.1 x 1.8-cm. elliptical seal is engraved with two bearded priests standing on either side of an incense altar with their hands raised forward in a position of worship. Dr. Eilat MazarPhoto: Dr. Eilat Mazar ExpeditionA crescent moon, the symbol of the chief Babylonian god Sin, appears on the top of the altar. Under this scene are three Hebrew letters spelling Temech, Mazar said. The Bible refers to the Temech family: "These are the children of the province, that went up out of the captivity, of those that had been carried away, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away, and came again to Jerusalem and to Judah, every one unto his city." [Nehemiah 7:6]... "The Nethinim [7:46]"... The children of Temech." [7:55]. The fact that this cultic scene relates to the Babylonian chief god seemed not to have disturbed the Jews who used it on their own seal, she added. The seal of one of the members of the Temech family was discovered just dozens of meters away from the Opel area, where the servants of the Temple, or "Nethinim," lived in the time of Nehemiah, Mazar said. "The seal of the Temech family gives us a direct connection between archeology and the biblical sources and serves as actual evidence of a family mentioned in the Bible," she said. "One cannot help being astonished by the credibility of the biblical source as seen by the archaeological find." The find will be announced by Mazar at the 8th annual Herzliya Conference on Sunday. The archeologist, who rose to international prominence for her recent excavation that may have uncovered King David's palace, most recently uncovered the remnants of a wall from Nehemiah. The dig is being sponsored by the Shalem Center, a Jerusalem research institute where Mazar serves as a senior fellow, and the City of David Foundation, which promotes Jewish settlement throughout east Jerusalemthere are thousands of these things proving the Word is accurate

bondsemerson

Mar 22, 2008
Thanks guys reading your messages has been a great help to me,and Kriss thanks a lot for that info...Since I have been getting the doubts and when I am lacking in faith I still keep reading my bible and praying to God asking him to help me in this and confessing to him the doubts I get...I am genuine and have a genuine desire to get to know God more...Please prey for me Kriss cos I see you a lot on those forums and have a lot of respect for you from reading your posts in other forums....Please prey for me bro....God Bless Nigel...

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Be happy to pray for you Bondsemerson thanks for the kind words many on here are willing to help lift you up when your down so never hesitate to ask us we are all human and fall short so you are in good company

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Having confronted the secular humanists and atheists at university, can I suggest Nigel that you use a successful tactic with those that ask can you prove that Jesus rose from the dead or can you prove there is a God? Don't answer their question, ask them one. Can you prove that Jesus didn't rise from the dead? Can you prove that God doesn't exist?The reality is that they can't, all they can do is speculate and that is not proof. May I suggest that you find yourself an older man who will disciple you. You can draw on their wisdom and advice and share you concerns with them, knowing that you will get an honest answer.

TooInvolved1

Jan 22, 2008
It's called faith for a reason. We don't KNOW or have proof and we don't have to know. But here's the deal: neither do they, your friends or whoever they are asking you "how do you know?"

eternalarcadia

Nov 15, 2007
Ask them -- did you come from nothing?If they say yes, thats completely illogical and violates many laws of science.If they say no, then they are acknowledging that there was a beginning and someone made it.interesting argument.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
You don't need to prove anything to to anybody, just to please God,growing in Him,fellowship with other Christians. There will be God's time for those unbelievers. You just strenghten yourself by reading His word and having support from other fellow Christians. One day at the time.
smile.gif

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But Paul does say to be prepared to give an account of the hope that is within us and he did take time to explain the way of the cross to unbelievers when confronted. He didn't just say "I am not going to answer your questions".One of the most effective means of evangelism is what is known as gossiping the gospel, which is talking about it in conversation with family, friends and people we meet on a day to day basis.It is a known fact that best evangelists are new converts as they have the freshness of their experience to draw on. A case of once I was blind but now I can see. After my conversion I was sent out very quickly to evangelise and I loved every minute of it. Why shouldn't I? I had been given the best gift in the world.

eternalarcadia

Nov 15, 2007
(Thunder1;45288)
You don't need to prove anything to to anybody, just to please God,growing in Him,fellowship with other Christians. There will be God's time for those unbelievers. You just strenghten yourself by reading His word and having support from other fellow Christians. One day at the time.
smile.gif

Thats true, but we shouldn't just leave those who aren't believers in the dust. Isn't it our duty to bring them to faith and salvation?

i love god

Apr 16, 2008
Ill be praying for you. i dont want to brag or any thing like that but my mom and dad where hypies and they did bad things that they wont eaven tell me. but my mom and dad say that when they had doughts in faith they prayed and when they where over it went away the best thing to do is to pray hard . somtimes it may take a cople days . but dont give up never give up on prayer and the lord will help you he allways does and satan will back down but you need to pray prayer is the best weapon ageinst satan