Anger when arguing with atheists

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hies

Aug 6, 2023
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Whenever I speak with atheists, and they continue to deny the evidence of God, I start to get quite angry. And I believe Jesus when he says that hating someone is murdering them in your heart. It's not necessarily that I hate unbelievers, but I absolutely despise the lies that the devil has given everyone on this Earth. And I hate lies.

From what I can tell, every atheist denies the evidence simply because they don't want to know God. So I know they clearly don't understand the Bible correctly. They hate the truth because they have been lied to. So they continue to reject it because of those lies.

I know it's my responsibility to help those who don't accept Christ to help them understand why God is good, and why we need Jesus. But I also know I'm not capable of helping every single person I come in contact with. Sometimes I see someone at the shop and think "even if I began preaching to them right now, it wouldn't make any difference" and that angers me and hurts me a lot too.

I guess I just hate this world and all of the lies in it. Which is what Paul says in Romans 12:9 - "Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good." So we are to hate what is evil, and the world is evil. But at the same time I can't understand why God would allow so many people to be deceived to the point they'll clearly never accept Christ.

Why does God allow some people to be lied to their entire lives, and therefore reject Christ because of those lies? What does God do with those people? Do they really go to hell because they weren't capable of understanding the truth? Is that really just?

hies

Aug 6, 2023
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I guess it also applies to people who believe in false religions. I know some very good people who are Muslims, and they for the most part don't accept all of Islam. They take out the good parts, and live by them, but reject the bad parts.

So I can completely understand why they might not believe in Jesus. All they've known is lies. But they've followed their conscience. I guess they'll be judged similarly to how people who never heard about Christ were judged, like everyone from the Old Testament.

But that makes you ask why bother preaching the gospel of Christ to people at all? If we'll all be given a fair opportunity anyway, why bother preaching the gospel to anyone? And if it's unfair, because we've heard the truth and they haven't, then how is God just?