Help Wanted - Matthew 24:34

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks for the concern, but not rubbing it in. :( reminder only.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

I appreciate your efforts in this thread. If we can, upon the next thread that I create, if we could be kind to those you speak with . . . that would please my soul tremendously! Sound like a plan? :)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appreciate your efforts in this thread. If we can, upon the next thread that I create, if we could be kind to those you speak with . . . that would please my soul tremendously! Sound like a plan? :)
where have I not been kind?

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I cannot read your Heart, but I will say that I wouldn't want my child, or my dying grandmother, to be spoken to the way you speak to us. You're not the only one. Don't take it too hard. :)
Well, I cannot read your Heart, GOOD and we can STOP right there.

PICJAG

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking for our plethora of ideas on Matthew 24:34, and how long you guys think a "Generation" is.

How do you guys think that those of Jesus's day received these words? Do you think that they, themselves, thought that they would see the return of Christ?

Matthew 24:34 HNV - "Most assuredly I tell you, this generation will not pass away, until all these things are accomplished."
The "generation" that it is speaking about is 'the last generation' of the harvest. A 'generation' is a group produced. See Genesis 7:1.

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.​

What things?

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

These took place already (sun darkened/moon shall not give her light), in the Great Dark day, May 19, 1780; and the stars fell in Nov. 13 1833, except for the last, "the powers of the heavens shall be shaken". That is coming shortly.

See that here (follow the link for the "Big Picture"):

https://archive.org/download/awhn-2300-day-years-prophecy-of-daniel-8-vs-14-and-its-sub-parts/AWHN - 2300 Day-Years Prophecy of Daniel 8 Vs 14 And Its Sub-Parts.jpg

Dan 2:35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "generation" that it is speaking about is 'the last generation' of the harvest. A 'generation' is a group produced. See Genesis 7:1.

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.​

What things?

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

These took place already (sun darkened/moon shall not give her light), in the Great Dark day, May 19, 1780; and the stars fell in Nov. 13 1833, except for the last, "the powers of the heavens shall be shaken". That is coming shortly.

See that here (follow the link for the "Big Picture"):

https://archive.org/download/awhn-2300-day-years-prophecy-of-daniel-8-vs-14-and-its-sub-parts/AWHN - 2300 Day-Years Prophecy of Daniel 8 Vs 14 And Its Sub-Parts.jpg

Dan 2:35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

That is an interesting take on things. Thank you! :)

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking for our plethora of ideas on Matthew 24:34, and how long you guys think a "Generation" is.

How do you guys think that those of Jesus's day received these words? Do you think that they, themselves, thought that they would see the return of Christ?

Matthew 24:34 HNV - "Most assuredly I tell you, this generation will not pass away, until all these things are accomplished."

The account leading up to and after this scripture-including other opinion/understandings-are not clear to me. To my understanding, "this generation" seem to refer to the people at that time and culminated at 70 AD when the Roman Army destroyed Jerusalem.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The account leading up to and after this scripture-including other opinion/understandings-are not clear to me. To my understanding, "this generation" seem to refer to the people at that time and culminated at 70 AD when the Roman Army destroyed Jerusalem.

I appreciate your input. Thanks!

You know, I read this again from my Bible and the footnotes also provide a word option for "generation," and it is "nation." The passage would read this way:

"I tell you the truth, this nation will not pass from the scene until all these things take place."

That adds a little spice to the thread. :)