Help Wanted - Matthew 24:34

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking for our plethora of ideas on Matthew 24:34, and how long you guys think a "Generation" is.

How do you guys think that those of Jesus's day received these words? Do you think that they, themselves, thought that they would see the return of Christ?

Matthew 24:34 HNV - "Most assuredly I tell you, this generation will not pass away, until all these things are accomplished."

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Looking for our plethora of ideas on Matthew 24:34, and how long you guys think a "Generation" is.

How do you guys think that those of Jesus's day received these words? Do you think that they, themselves, thought that they would see the return of Christ?

Matthew 24:34 HNV - "Most assuredly I tell you, this generation will not pass away, until all these things are accomplished."

Matthew. 24:32 tells us when the end of the sixth age would occur after the end of the two days of the Lord of the visitation of their iniquities upon the fathers' children and the children's children, which is transpiring over a period of time, approximately a little longer than 2,000 years which is prophetically stated in Exodus. 12:4-6. This prophetic one verse prophecy, 24:32 pointed to the time of Israel's redemption approximately 90-98 years after the Fig Tree, i.e. Israel begins to bud leaves once more.

This near future time is also when the kings of the earth will be judged on the earth at Armageddon, after they assemble there for one last attempt to trample the Sanctuary of God and His earthly Hosts, Israel, when the fullness in time of the 2,300 years of the Gentiles so doing, and as Paul informs us in Romans. 11:25-26 after this judgement time of the Gentile Kings, all of Israel will be saved. In Isaiah24:21-22 we are also told that the wicked fallen heavenly hosts will be judged in heaven and kicked out down to the earth's face where they will be gathered together and imprisoned in a pit for many days to await the time of their punishment.

Now the end of the world as we know it, ends at the end of the seventh age, when all that Christ said would happen during the seventh age would happen as well as what is recorded in the Book of Revelation. At present we are experiencing the time of Jacob's trouble being increased to encourage Israel to repent of her sins.

So the Greek word "genea" has been incorrectly translated as a "generation" and as such we have adopted the Jewish understanding that Christ was only talking about a time period of around 70 years which passed in 2018 AD.

This understanding is wrong as Christ was speaking of a time period a little longer than 1,000 years, and closer to the length of a Day of the Lord. In Revelation. 20:2-3 we are told that Satan will be imprisoned in the Bottomless Pit for a period of 1,000 years and that he will be allowed to roam the earth for a little while period before he is captured and cast into the Lake of Fire. Satan is cast into the lake of fire towards the very end of the seventh age and the little while period where he is able to roam all over the earth at that time.

I trust that this short explanation helps.

Shalom

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew. 24:32 tells us when the end of the sixth age would occur after the end of the two days of the Lord of the visitation of their iniquities upon the fathers' children and the children's children, which is transpiring over a period of time, approximately a little longer than 2,000 years which is prophetically stated in Exodus. 12:4-6. This prophetic one verse prophecy, 24:32 pointed to the time of Israel's redemption approximately 90-98 years after the Fig Tree, i.e. Israel begins to bud leaves once more.

This near-future time is also when the kings of the earth will be judged on the earth at Armageddon, after they assemble there for one last attempt to trample the Sanctuary of God and His earthly Hosts, Israel, when the fullness in time of the 2,300 years of the Gentiles so doing, and as Paul informs us in Romans. 11:25-26 after this judgment time of the Gentile Kings, all of Israel will be saved. In Isaiah24:21-22 we are also told that the wicked fallen heavenly hosts will be judged in heaven and kicked out down to the earth's face where they will be gathered together and imprisoned in a pit for many days to await the time of their punishment.

Now the end of the world as we know it, ends at the end of the seventh age, when all that Christ said would happen during the seventh age would happen as well as what is recorded in the Book of Revelation. At present we are experiencing the time of Jacob's trouble being increased to encourage Israel to repent of her sins.

So the Greek word "genea" has been incorrectly translated as a "generation" and as such we have adopted the Jewish understanding that Christ was only talking about a time period of around 70 years which passed in 2018 AD.

This understanding is wrong as Christ was speaking of a time period a little longer than 1,000 years, and closer to the length of a Day of the Lord. In Revelation. 20:2-3 we are told that Satan will be imprisoned in the Bottomless Pit for a period of 1,000 years and that he will be allowed to roam the earth for a little while period before he is captured and cast into the Lake of Fire. Satan is cast into the lake of fire towards the very end of the seventh age and the little while period where he is able to roam all over the earth at that time.

I trust that this short explanation helps.

Shalom

Thank you! This is a really cool read. I'll have to read it again . . . and again. :)

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the Greek word "genea" has been incorrectly translated as a "generation" and as such we have adopted the Jewish understanding that Christ was only talking about a time period of around 70 years

Interesting. The NASB footnotes tell us that generation could mean "race."
The NLT also offers the idea that generation means "age" or even "nation."

Since translation seems to be the problem (or issue), this nullifies my questions. :)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP only, there are only "TWO" generations on this planet. a Evil, and a Good one. but the context of any subject will reveal the generation. example, Matthew 3:7 "But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?"
here it a reference to "EVIL" people, and we have had them from the beginning. and here, it was the Pharisees and Sadducees of this "EVIL" generation. as clearly our Lord explained, Matthew 12:39 "But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:"

so we have a Generation of Evil, now, this, Matthew 11:16 "But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows," or this, Matthew 23:36 "Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation."

now your Matthew 24:34 "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."
so it's a type of people living at a particular point in time, weather righteous or unrighteous, evil.

and this generation, either, righteous or unrighteous, could have as in hermeneutics, far and near application. so again it depends on the context of what is said.

that's just my take.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Reactions: Nancy

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP only, there are only "TWO" generations on this planet. an Evil, and a Good one. but the context of any subject will reveal the generation. example, Matthew 3:7 "But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?"
here it a reference to "EVIL" people, and we have had them from the beginning. and here, it was the Pharisees and Sadducees of this "EVIL" generation. as clearly our Lord explained, Matthew 12:39 "But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:"

so we have a Generation of Evil, now, this, Matthew 11:16 "But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows," or this, Matthew 23:36 "Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation."

now your Matthew 24:34 "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."
so it's a type of people living at a particular point in time, whether righteous or unrighteous, evil.

and this generation, either, righteous or unrighteous, could have as in hermeneutics, far and near application. so again it depends on the context of what is said.

that's just my take.

PICJAG

Nice. I liked reading "your take" on this issue. I'm sure I'll have more questions along these lines, as I mostly focus on the Holy Work of Christ, and not anything dealing with the Tribulation. So . . . thank you for your insight. I really, really appreciate it! :)

Reactions: Nancy and 101G

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Addressing the OP only, there are only "TWO" generations on this planet. a Evil, and a Good one. but the context of any subject will reveal the generation. example, Matthew 3:7 "But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?"

so it's a type of people living at a particular point in time, weather righteous or unrighteous, evil.

that's just my take.

PICJAG

@2nd Timothy Group please note that 101G has mixed up the translations of two Greek Root Words found embedded within the Greek words that have been translated as "generation." The first Greek root word G:1074 is best understood to refer to an "Age," while the second Greek Root Word G:1081 which have also been translated as "generation" is best understood to refer to a "Descendant generation(s)."

For example Matt. 23:36, G:1074 is best understood when paraphrased in this manner: - "Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon {the people of} this generation/age {and the next}."

Where a reference to Ex. 20:4-6 is being made, with the consequences of the fathers iniquities as set out in both Leviticus and Deuteronomy, will be visited on the fathers' children and the children's children in the third and fourth (ages of their existence.)

Then in Matt. 23:33, G:1081 is best understood when paraphrased in this manner: - "Serpents, brood/descent generations of vipers!, how can you escape the condemnation of hell?"

Confusion can only enter when we mix the meanings of the respective Greek Words based upon the embedded Greek Root Word.

Attached are two pdf files for both G:1074 and G:1081. In these two files I have highlighted the verse references that 101G has used within his above referenced post.

I trust that this will help you.

Attachments

• G-1074.pdf
    93.1 KB · Views: 0
  • G-1081.pdf
    77.3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

'This generation' is the New Covenant generation of believers in Christ from then till now and on into the future until He returns. Or so I've been taught.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting. The NASB footnotes tell us that generation could mean "race."
The NLT also offers the idea that generation means "age" or even "nation."

Since translation seems to be the problem (or issue), this nullifies my questions. :)

NLT is correct. I favor the translation of "age." Essentially the word just means a "time of life," whether it be a 40 year generation or an entire age (and age is indeed supported in the Greek). But if you go with "generation," you then have to reinterpret the word figuratively rather than strictly, since Jesus did not return in their time. Not so with age. But it's one of the tricky things about Greek. It could have meant either, and at the time the apostles thought He was talking about His returning in their lifetime.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@2nd Timothy Group please note that 101G has mixed up the translations of two Greek Root Words found embedded within the Greek words that have been translated as "generation." The first Greek root word G:1074 is best understood to refer to an "Age," while the second Greek Root Word G:1081 which have also been translated as "generation" is best understood to refer to a "Descendant generation(s)."

For example Matt. 23:36, G:1074 is best understood when paraphrased in this manner: - "Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon {the people of} this generation/age {and the next}."

Where a reference to Ex. 20:4-6 is being made, with the consequences of the fathers iniquities as set out in both Leviticus and Deuteronomy, will be visited on the fathers' children and the children's children in the third and fourth (ages of their existence.)

Then in Matt. 23:33, G:1081 is best understood when paraphrased in this manner: - "Serpents, brood/descent generations of vipers!, how can you escape the condemnation of hell?"

Confusion can only enter when we mix the meanings of the respective Greek Words based upon the embedded Greek Root Word.

Attached are two pdf files for both G:1074 and G:1081. In these two files I have highlighted the verse references that 101G has used within his above referenced post.

I trust that this will help you.

Very, very helpful! I admit that I am over my head on these matters, so I duly appreciate your input. Thanks!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'This generation' is the New Covenant generation of believers in Christ from then till now and on into the future until He returns. Or so I've been taught.

What you've written makes perfect sense. Anyone who belongs to the Family of Circumcision will not be lost, for the Good Shepherd knows His Sheep and they know His Voice . . . they follow Him. And, those whom the Father has given to Him, He shall lose not one.

In looking at the full narrative of the entire Bible, your notion seems most reasonable. Thank you!

Reactions: Pearl

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NLT is correct. I favor the translation of "age." Essentially the word just means a "time of life," whether it be a 40 year generation or an entire age (and age is indeed supported in the Greek). But if you go with "generation," you then have to reinterpret the word figuratively rather than strictly, since Jesus did not return in their time. Not so with age. But it's one of the tricky things about Greek. It could have meant either, and at the time the apostles thought He was talking about His returning in their lifetime.

Nice. I really like what you had to say . . . a lot. Thank you!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jay Ross
GINOLJC.

I have a question for you if as you said I mixed up "Generation". lets see.

Matthew 16:28 "Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."

Mark 9:1 "And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power."

Luke 9:27 "But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God."

Now which "GENERATION" is this, who will see A. "the Son of man coming in his kingdom." B. "seen the kingdom of God come with power." and C. "till they see the kingdom of God."

Now which Generation is that? a future "Age", and was people at the time of Jesus saw this happen or was it "THIS" Generation of People in Jesus time?

so what is it. will be LOOKING for your reply with answer, and scripture to back it up with.

PICJAG

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jay Ross
GINOLJC.

Matthew 16:28 "Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."

Mark 9:1 "And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power."

Luke 9:27 "But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God."

Now which "GENERATION" is this, who will see A. "the Son of man coming in his kingdom." B. "seen the kingdom of God come with power." and C. "till they see the kingdom of God."

Now which Generation is that? a future "Age", and was people at the time of Jesus saw this happen or was it "THIS" Generation of People in Jesus time?

so what is it. will be LOOKING for your reply with answer, and scripture to back it up with.

PICJAG

The questions that I asked in the OP now stand that much more.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Jay Ross
GINOLJC.

PICJAG

You have describe yourself well as the "Spiritual Saboteur," and your question to me above well demonstrates this fact, as in the three referenced verses, Jesus was not talking about a particular "descendant generation" or "age" of people, but as the verse clearly indicates, he was only speaking about the people who were standing with Him when He was speaking to the people around him and could hear what He was saying at that particular time.

He was stating that there would be some of those standing with or around Him, who would not taste "death," until a "specific event" occurred at some stage in the future.

The question is what was the "death" that Jesus was referring to, and what was the time that they would see the "kingdom" of God coming?

Your question is false, based on the verses you have referenced as in the three references given by you, Jesus was not speaking of a "descendant generation" or about an "age" of people but only of those people who could hear Him as He was speaking and telling them that some would not suffer the "second death" until the "Kingdom" of God came in the distant future, relative to the crowd of people around Him at that time.

So to answer your question as to what "generation" it is, my answer would be "none" of the three options presented by you.

Shalom

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have describe yourself well as the "Spiritual Saboteur," and your question to me above well demonstrates this fact, as in the three referenced verses, Jesus was not talking about a particular "descendant generation" or "age" of people, but as the verse clearly indicates, he was only speaking about the people who were standing with Him when He was speaking to the people around him and could hear what He was saying at that particular time.

He was stating that there would be some of those standing with or around Him, who would not taste "death," until a "specific event" occurred at some stage in the future.

The question is what was the "death" that Jesus was referring to, and what was the time that they would see the "kingdom" of God coming?

Your question is false, based on the verses you have referenced as in the three references given by you, Jesus was not speaking of a "descendant generation" or about an "age" of people but only of those people who could hear Him as He was speaking and telling them that some would not suffer the "second death" until the "Kingdom" of God came in the distant future, relative to the crowd of people around Him at that time.

So to answer your question as to what "generation" it is, my answer would be "none" of the three options presented by you.

Shalom
first thanks for the reply, and second......... LOL, LOL, LOL, you don't know do you. .... "what death?" .... LOL, oh yes, there are two deaths, but the second one is not applied here. oh well, the Generation within those verses was audience relevance. for some standing, (alive), as he spoke did not tast death, (died, the first nor the second), before he, the Son of Man, JESUS, came in his kingdom.

see you didn't know when, when, when, the son of man came in his Kingdom, did you, nor, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power either..... LOL, LOL, ...... :eek: YIKES.

You have describe yourself well as the "Spiritual Saboteur,"
what's wrong.... are you a bit jealous of the Spiritual Saboteur? if you just stay in the scriptures, you want have to worry about the Spiritual Saboteur, ok, that's if what you post is TRUTH.... :D oh well.

see J, you had not clue as to what the answer was, nor the Generation of People who experience the event. so you could not anwer correctly. listen to yourself
that's a lie, because the KINGDOM came in POWER on Pentecost, and many was still alive, that quote you gave "some would not suffer the "second death" until the "Kingdom" of God came in the distant future" is just an excuse saying you have no clue as to what the Lord Jesus said.

Learn and understand, the Son of Man, JESUS, the Holy Spirit, Came on Pentecoast. now the question, "how did they see the kingdom of God?", because the Kingdom of God is within us...... answer, by "MANIFESTATION" of the Gifts that he give.... :D see, you didn't know that because you was taught to look for the Son of Man coming on the clouds in his parousia... LOL, you don't know, nor understand the Spirit, who is the Son of Man Glorified, nor do you understand the Lord Jesus two fold RETURNS, do you? guess not, looking at your reply... :rolleyes: Listen and Learn, the first return of his, was in Spirit, "Manifestation" which he was refering to in Matthew 16:28, Mark 9:1, and Luke 9:27 and it happen on the Day of Pentecost. there, every eye didn't see him, because he came in Spirit, and Manifested his GIFTS. and his second... "Apperance", not a manifestation, according to Hebrew 9:28, that's when EVERY EYE will see him as he comes on the clouds. and this return is in "apperance", in his glorified, the NEW MAN body, his parousia, meaning his "APPERANCE". :eek:

see, if you would have known his "Manifestation", and his "apperance" in his Kingdom, you would have know the A. the EVENT, and the GENERATION of People when that EVENT took place, and the TIME the event took place. but instead you lied, and made up the fiction, "some would not suffer the "second death" until the "Kingdom" of God came in the distant future" if my eyes would not see this, I would have say.... ARE YOU KIDDING?.

see J, you have no clue when or who a GENERATION is just based on a word. see one must understand the setting, and the application of that word.... my God, oh how slow of heart are some people...... oh well we all have to learn...

I suggest you re-read this post for clarification, and if you have any question.... just ask.

PICJAG

PS read all of this post again... ok.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
first thanks for the reply, and second......... LOL, LOL, LOL, you don't know do you. .... "what death?" .... LOL, oh yes, there are two deaths, but the second one is not applied here. oh well, the Generation within those verses was audience relevance. for some standing, (alive), as he spoke did not tast death, (died, the first nor the second), before he, the Son of Man, JESUS, came in his kingdom.

see you didn't know when, when, when, the son of man came in his Kingdom, did you, nor, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power either..... LOL, LOL, ...... :eek: YIKES.

what's wrong.... are you a bit jealous of the Spiritual Saboteur? if you just stay in the scriptures, you want have to worry about the Spiritual Saboteur, ok, that's if what you post is TRUTH.... :D oh well.

see J, you had not clue as to what the answer was, nor the Generation of People who experience the event. so you could not anwer correctly. listen to yourself

that's a lie, because the KINGDOM came in POWER on Pentecost, and many was still alive, that quote you gave "some would not suffer the "second death" until the "Kingdom" of God came in the distant future" is just an excuse saying you have no clue as to what the Lord Jesus said.

Learn and understand, the Son of Man, JESUS, the Holy Spirit, Came on Pentecoast. now the question, "how did they see the kingdom of God?", because the Kingdom of God is within us...... answer, by "MANIFESTATION" of the Gifts that he give.... :D see, you didn't know that because you was taught to look for the Son of Man coming on the clouds in his parousia... LOL, you don't know, nor understand the Spirit, who is the Son of Man Glorified, nor do you understand the Lord Jesus two fold RETURNS, do you? guess not, looking at your reply... :rolleyes: Listen and Learn, the first return of his, was in Spirit, "Manifestation" which he was refering to in Matthew 16:28, Mark 9:1, and Luke 9:27 and it happen on the Day of Pentecost. there, every eye didn't see him, because he came in Spirit, and Manifested his GIFTS. and his second... "Apperance", not a manifestation, according to Hebrew 9:28, that's when EVERY EYE will see him as he comes on the clouds. and this return is in "apperance", in his glorified, the NEW MAN body, his parousia, meaning his "APPERANCE". :eek:

see, if you would have known his "Manifestation", and his "apperance" in his Kingdom, you would have know the A. the EVENT, and the GENERATION of People when that EVENT took place, and the TIME the event took place. but instead you lied, and made up the fiction, "some would not suffer the "second death" until the "Kingdom" of God came in the distant future" if my eyes would not see this, I would have say.... ARE YOU KIDDING?.

see J, you have no clue when or who a GENERATION is just based on a word. see one must understand the setting, and the application of that word.... my God, oh how slow of heart are some people...... oh well we all have to learn...

I suggest you re-read this post for clarification, and if you have any question.... just ask.

PICJAG

PS read all of this post again... ok.

Yep, LOL ROFL, etc. where did your understanding come from?

You have expressed your opinion, but when does God establish His everlasting Kingdom on the earth, and when does God give the Son of Man, Jesus/Christ dominion over the people of the earth to establish His Kingdom?

You have expressed your opinion with your usual ridicule of the person, which as you should know is a false argument method to "win" and argument.

I have expressed my POV on the subject matter on the word "generation" as found in Matt. 24:34.

You in your rebuttal referenced three scriptures which had nothing to do with an "age" or "a descendant generation" or a "generation" with respect to Matt. 24:34, and asked a question about which generation Jesus was speaking with in those three referenced verses, and you then went on to explain that the people Jesus was speaking to were of "his generation" which you have interpreted as being the case in these three verses you referenced, which presents another variation on the meaning of a "generation" to complicate the question and point of the OP.

As for having a respectful discussion on this subject matter, I am afraid that that may not happen because of your reliance on false arguments and ridicule to prove your point and your assumed intellectual superiority.

Now I am comfortable with the argument I presented, and the Lord will correct me if I am wrong.

No further discussion is required.

Shalom

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all
where did your understanding come from?
GOD
You have expressed your opinion, but when does God establish His everlasting Kingdom on the earth, and when does God give the Son of Man, Jesus/Christ dominion over the people of the earth to establish His Kingdom?
My opinion? no, (see 2 Peter 1:20 & 21), not my opinion, God's truth. and when dose God, the Lord Jesus establish his everlasting Kingdom? YOU DON'T KNOW? oh well, lets get educated. first in us, (the Kingdom of God). for he rule by his Spirit, which was given on Pentecost, the Kingdom, here is Spiritual), because at the time he was yet alive with us, (pre cross), the Spirit had not yet been given, see John 7:37-39, read it, ok. only upon the testator death do his will come into effect. and the Spirit was poured out at Pentecost..... his "FIRST" return, where some standing at his speaking did not taste physical or the FIRST DEATH :D this is the Kingdom within, (KOG). supportive scripture, Romans 14:17 "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." and where is the Holy Ghost? "WITHIN" us. BINGO, and he was in us at the DAY of Pentecost, see how I keep sayiny US..... :cool: you don't understand that, do you... (smile). now, upon his parousia, (his APPEARING, in flesh and bone, NO BLOOD), then the Heavenly Kingdom that comes down is ESTABLISH here on the NEW EARTH. take note of your Spiritual Death, that you mkention, listen. Revelation 20:6 "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." now, has the first resurrection taken place yet? no, not as we speak right now, because listen, 1 Thessalonians 4:16 "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:"1 Thessalonians 4:17 "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

now, if that has happen, me, you, and all of us here now are in trouble... LOL, LOL, LOL. well take hope, I don't believe that has happen yet. knowing that we can clearly see that the KINGDOM of GOD came on Pentecost, (the Spirit, WITHIN us), so as said, "some" standing there did not taste "DEATH", the first, Natural death, nor the second Death either... (smile). when the KINGDOM of God came. see how you was in error. it was because, as I said, you didn't know that the Lord Jesus had a two fold return.... (smile), see, the Holy Ghost, the only TEACHER of man, with teach you if you let him. listen, 1 Corinthians 2:13 "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual."1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."1 Corinthians 2:15 "But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man."1 Corinthians 2:16 "For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ." BINGO.

see, this is why I don't get upset when someone reference me as the "Spiritual Saboteur", LOL, LOL, LOL, I get a kick out of it. for what man ment for evil, God made into GOOD... :D see, I'm Judge of no man, that's why I'm so happy, full of Joy in KNOWING the TRUTH. why? scripture, John 15:10 "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love."John 15:11 "These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."John 15:12 "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you."

see, I have "FULL JOY", in Christ Jesus. nothing makes me upset. the only thing I sorry about, (and that's only for a very, very, short time), is that all of you might come into the KNOWLEDGE of the Lord Jesus as I have. yes, that's my only concern, other's SALVATION. my agenda is my Father's will, "That all to be SAVED", see 1 Tim 2:4. that's my mission, in carrying out my Father's will.
You in your rebuttal referenced three scriptures which had nothing to do with an "age" or "a descendant generation" or a "generation" with respect to Matt. 24:34, and asked a question about which generation Jesus was speaking with in those three referenced verses, and you then went on to explain that the people Jesus was speaking to were of "his generation" which you have interpreted as being the case in these three verses you referenced, which presents another variation on the meaning of a "generation" to complicate the question and point of the OP.
NOTHING to do with a "age" or "a descendant generation" or a "generation" with respect to Matt. 24:34. Just read above, the "age" was present, (which I brought out form DEFINITION which and other Gave), and no, it was not in some future "age" as you tried to explain. and if what you said, was true, why inject the lie, and I quote,
well if it was "FUTURE", would that have been an "age?", and the people affected by the event in that "age?". so why inject the false statement?. see, you and your statement was in ERROR. the OP asked, "Looking for our plethora of ideas on Matthew 24:34, and how long you guys think a "Generation" is. it was not only on Matthews 24:34, but the scripture was asking in reference to finding out what, and how long a GENERATION was.

but look, I'm not here to argue, but to educate. understand, a generation in reference to Matthews 24:34 is a period of time of a people, but it must be discovered in context.

PICJAG

PS, when you say "Spiritual Saboteur", let it roll off your tongue, as if you was french saying it, Spiritual .... Sab o teur, .... there you go. :) aint God Word great!.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now I am comfortable with the argument I presented, and the Lord will correct me if I am wrong.

No further discussion is required.

@101G : - It seems that you have a reading and understanding problem among other things.

Good day

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@101G : - It seems that you have a reading and understanding problem among other things.

Good day
so we can take this as you have no rebuttal?.

and Good Day to you too......... :eek: YIKES!.

PICJAG