Help with a Word of Faith video

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am considering writing a video in which I will entitle...

"The Necessities of the Word of Faith w/RW Schambach"

I will begin with an introduction to the Pilgrims Progress...

1. Wicket Gate - Salvation
2. Interpreters House - Sanctification
3. Porters House - Baptism in the Holy Spirit
4. Valleys - The valley of the shadow of death
5. Vanity Fair - Witnessing to this present world
6. Demas Silver Mines - The trap of material prosperity
7. The Delectable Mountains - The feeling one has arrived
8. The Enchanted Ground - The place everyone falls asleep

And continue with an introduction of the seven churches...

Ephesus - Messianic - The Apostle Peter was the Apostle to the Messianics.
Smyrna - Martyr - The Apostle Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles. Foxes has the persecutions as ten.
Pergamos - Orthodox... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholic - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestant - A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Materialistic - Rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing?

I have noticed that the revivals of the Philadelphian church have basically come to an end. In this day and time there is a danger in getting trapped in a denomination that has long ago disappeared into the enchanted ground. I was listening to two sisters talk in an Assembly of God church and they said they heard that in the last days the people were going to have to, "Cut their own paths."

I think that in this Laodicean church age that the Word of Faith has a part. We need to be encouraging people to talk faith and to speak good things into existence. Though I promote the industrious and prosperous life, I have trouble when people become greedy and uncharitable. As John Wesley once said...

"When a man becomes a Christian, he becomes industrious, trustworthy and prosperous. Now, if that man, when he gets all he can and saves all he can, does not give all he can, I have more hope for Judas Iscariot than for that man!" -John Wesley

"When a man dies they ought to have enough to bury him and a few pense for his friends." -John Wesley."

I do not wish to in any way condemn the Word of Faith movement, but I would like to trudge through the issues and come up with something that is edifying. I am also working on a "What is a Saint of God?" video, in which Robert Sheffey's Aunt once told him...

"About his Aunt Elizabeth, though, he was certain. He could not recall a time when she had not encouraged him to read his Bible, to keep his person clean, and to attend church. Equally forceful were his aunt’s lectures about keeping good company and developing high ideals. All of these things were to be attained with and practiced with a special sort of dignity that Elizabeth White felt was becoming to every man" - The Saint of the Wilderness, Jess Carr

And I think equally becoming of a man is to have a lot of faith, to speak things of faith and high ideals, and then to put such virtues into practice. I would like to really emphasize the virtues of speaking faith things into existence. My denomination is a Pentecostal Holiness denomination that is well entrenched in the enchanted ground. I know too many people who could not 'faith talk' if their life was dependent on it. Back when I served in youth ministry I had to deal with people who could not believe anything in faith and it was very annoying. I would dare say that if they do not introduce a faith based teaching that 50% of the PH churches will close within the next twenty years.

My best friends have been from the local Kenneth Copeland based Church. And I can tell you that I have never heard the first negative word cross their lips. Which I believe is good discipleship. Faith is also a professional virtue. If you are in an office type environment and practice the Word of Faith teachings on positive confessions I believe that it will be a feather in your hat!