Hey Family - I need some major guidance.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Fear is one of the abberant feelings of the flesh. The new creation spirit is not afraid.

Much love!
It happens to the best of us, but not necessarily as an everyday incapacitation to overcome.

1Co 2:1-5 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. (2) For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. (3) And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. (4) And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: (5) That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It happens to the best of us, but not necessarily as an everyday incapacitation to overcome.

1Co 2:1-5 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. (2) For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. (3) And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. (4) And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: (5) That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
And even "incapacitating fear" - paralysing fear is overcome with faith, trusting Jesus to carry us through.

Much love!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Fear is one of the abberant feelings of the flesh. The new creation spirit is not afraid.

Much love!
@Entanglement

If this is the complete answer then how does this fit in with demons also experiencing fear in James 2:19? Guess it is getting a bit off topic.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Entanglement

If this is the complete answer then how does this fit in with demons also experiencing fear in James 2:19? Guess it is getting a bit off topic.
Yes, this will be off topic! :) But you are the Admin, and you asked!

My understanding is that demons, also called unclean spirits, are the spirits of the progeny of the 'sons of God' and the 'daughters of men', who were killed in the flood (the Rapha). They are dead, but not being men, they don't go where men go. So they roam the arid places looking for another body to be in.

Being half-human, as it were, I think this is how they can experience fear, even as we can.

Much love!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Yes, this will be off topic! :) But you are the Admin, and you asked!

My understanding is that demons, also called unclean spirits, are the spirits of the progeny of the 'sons of God' and the 'daughters of men', who were killed in the flood (the Rapha). They are dead, but not being men, they don't go where men go. So they roam the arid places looking for another body to be in.

Being half-human, as it were, I think this is how they can experience fear, even as we can.

Much love!
I agree, though the evidence is scarce. The angels don't fear, this includes Satan and the fallen angels bound in hell, perhaps others who are fallen and not in chains who serve a purpose.

Being spirits themselves I don't see how they could be afflicted by a spirit of fear, they themselves are spiritual beings. It would necessitate a change in their nature on encountering a fearful situation.

A demon is a different story if they are angelic/mortal hybrids who inhabit flesh bodies.

Reactions: marks

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, though the evidence is scarce. The angels don't fear, this includes Satan and the fallen angels bound in hell, perhaps others who are fallen and not in chains who serve a purpose.

Being spirits themselves I don't see how they could be afflicted by a spirit of fear, they themselves are spiritual beings. It would necessitate a change in their nature on encountering a fearful situation.

A demon is a different story if they are angelic/mortal hybrids who inhabit flesh bodies.

Blessings in Christ Jesus! Demons can fear and get very uncomfortable.(Shutter). A walk through a mental facility can be quite revealing when walking in The Spirit. Demons can also come as a spirit of fear, to a unknowing Christian, and multiply a small worry or fear and turn a molehill into a mountain. This can also be done by a spirit of lust. The gift of discernment of spirits was included in The Spiritual Gifts to help the Body and reveal that which is not seen or known. I find it appalling that the enemy is allowed to run amuck in Christian homes when these very homes are The Lords.

Reactions: lforrest

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I think my question is a fair question.
Well, if you don't want to believe the bible about the existence of demons all that remains is to see them for yourself. Pray God open your eyes to see them if that is what you want.

4HizGlory37

Sep 17, 2020
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First prove that Demon's actually exist, then we can move to the question you ask.

Because I believe that the Scriptures is Truth and that God is the Author of the Bible, I believe His Word.
Ephesians 6:12
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

Jesus also cast out demons from different people.

Luke 9:42
“And as he was yet a coming, the demon threw him down, and tear him. And Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, and healed the child, and delivered him again to his father.”

Mark 5:15 Context

12And all the demons besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. 13And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea. 14And they that fed the swine fled, and told it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done. 15And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the demon, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid. 16And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the demon, and also concerning the swine. 17And they began to pray him to depart out of their coasts. 18And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the demon prayed him that he might be with him.

and more.....