Hi! Are you answering messages through the "contact us" dialogue box?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

I am a new member. Before I start posting, I want to know what kind of a relationship we have (by talking with you). Unfortunately, it seems you are not answering messages through your "contact us" dialogue box.

My name is Gottservant1. I have previously been on another board, where I was told "you don't try hard enough to follow the rules and you don't make enough sense". That's why I was drawn to your site - which says "We recognize that Christians are a work in progress".

Scripturally something that is very important to me, is the idea that Christ became sin (2 Corinthians 5:21) that we might become the righteousness of God - to me that means, that in principle Jesus took on the appearance of sin that the righteousness of God appear in us: to the homosexual He appeared homosexual, to the murderer He appeared murderous. I wonder if you hear the Holy Spirit in this? Let me know?

I feel I could be valuable contributor to this site, as I said, I just need to know what kind of relationship we have, where I stand.

Thanks,
Chris

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Posting here I think is probably better than the 'Contact Us'. I have tried that on two other boards I have tried to join without success.

That being said, there is a serious issue with the following statement: to me that means, that in principle Jesus took on the appearance of sin that the righteousness of God appear in us: to the homosexual He appeared homosexual, to the murderer He appeared murderous. I wonder if you hear the Holy Spirit in this? Let me know? This statement is just dead wrong.

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. - Leviticus 18:22

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. - Leviticus 20:13

Today sinners as such are not put to death, but these verses still show how detestable this sin is in God's eyes.

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Romans 1: 24-32

Homosexual conduct is an abomination. Jesus would not make Himself appear this way. The verse saying He became sin means He bore our sins upon Himself when He became the ultimate sacrifice to carry our sin away.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. -2 Corinthians 5:21

I hope this helps.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Gottservant1
It may be that when you use the ‘ contact us ‘ route it only goes to a few of the moderators as I have never received a message. Each forum has it rules to follow and we do intervene , most of the rules are about respecting other members.
I hope you will give the forum a chance, moderators are active at different times because we live in different time zones, and we tend to read more , but we are active on the threads as well.
Rita

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
[...]
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
[...]
Homosexual conduct is an abomination. Jesus would not make Himself appear this way. [...]
I hope this helps.

So you would give a sinner over to a reprobate mind, but you would not allow Jesus to identify with the sinner?

I'm not saying Jesus wanted to be like sinners, just that the beginning of conversion from sin, starts with identifying what manner of sin you are guilty of.

As Jesus said "it's not what goes into a man that defiles a man, but what comes out of him" the cross did not condemn Christ and He identified with sinners freely.

Anyway, its not the only piece of doctrine that I contend is helpful, just basically the main one - my aim is to take the strength of sin and make it something I can confess. If I confess that Jesus didn't know what sin I am guilty of, I am a liar. When I look at Him, on the cross, I see a lot of hate (which is my projection, not His), but then I recall that that hate "died". I am free of the sin, I saw die on the cross. I hope you also can identify something which died, your salvation depends on it?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..I feel I could be valuable contributor to this site, as I said, I just need to know what kind of relationship we have, where I stand..

Hi mate, just say whatever you want, personally I don't care two hoots if people agree or don't agree with me..:)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Posting here I think is probably better than the 'Contact Us'. I have tried that on two other boards I have tried to join without success.

That being said, there is a serious issue with the following statement: to me that means, that in principle Jesus took on the appearance of sin that the righteousness of God appear in us: to the homosexual He appeared homosexual, to the murderer He appeared murderous. I wonder if you hear the Holy Spirit in this? Let me know? This statement is just dead wrong.

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. - Leviticus 18:22

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. - Leviticus 20:13

Today sinners as such are not put to death, but these verses still show how detestable this sin is in God's eyes.

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Romans 1: 24-32

Homosexual conduct is an abomination. Jesus would not make Himself appear this way. The verse saying He became sin means He bore our sins upon Himself when He became the ultimate sacrifice to carry our sin away.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. -2 Corinthians 5:21

I hope this helps.
Yes indeed my friend . Good to see you back my friend . Keep pointing to the glorious LORD my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus came to save sinners not to identify with them .
He always corrected error . Believe me , JESUS would not dress up in drag to witness to drag queens .
Or any other error . HE did not come to IDENTIFY with us , but to save us

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The pattern I am using, is the one the Church should be using "Identify (sin), hope (righteousness), trust (judgment)"

By saying I can't identify with sin, is it that you are trying to justify a tradition? That you are able to recount your relationship to Christ?

I understand that Christ did not enter into sin, as I said "seeing sin in Christ is my projection" - but the power of the Holy Spirit surpassed that, surely you understand?

I want to overcome my projection, that can't happen if I can't exchange my projection for identification, which is in Christ.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Gottservant, welcome to the CB board.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...to the homosexual He appeared homosexual, to the murderer He appeared murderous.
He only appeared homosexual to the Father while He was on the Cross, on the homosexual's behalf. Likewise for the murderer.
He bore our sins. He did not commit them. (That is the only way that He could bear them.)

He is Pure & Holy to us, and nothing less. When He returns, those will be His most prominent features.

Jesus said,
"And when [the Holy Spirit] has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
  • of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
  • of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
  • of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged." John 16:8-11 NKJV

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He only appeared homosexual to the Father while He was on the Cross, on the homosexual's behalf. Likewise for the murderer.
He bore our sins. He did not commit them. (That is the only way that He could bear them.)
He only "appeared" sinful, that's right; and we only "projected" that His appearance in sin was great.

These two conditions made a way for the Holy Spirit, to redeem us from our sin - by causing our projection to be exchanged for His appearance.

Once we trusted Jesus to "pay" for our sin, our soul was free.